Brexit?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:It's quite mad (well even more than usual) over here. Most people here voted to stay, which presumably included quite a few DUP supporters but only the DUP are being listened to. Obviously Teresa May has either bought them off, lied to them or she as David Davis suggested believes that the whole agreement thing doesn't mean anything anyway. Meanwhile the Irish government and the EU are saying yes, yes it does. The whole thing will fall apart I reckon really quickly...

I began to have doubts when I heard Leo calling it "cast-iron" and "bullet-proof"
Pista
Cureboi

I just discovered this

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Apologies for the necro, but this is important I think.
As mentioned in another thread by @DJElectricDaddy the deal that's been agreed has completely fcuked over musicians who will now need visas & a whole raft of other paperwork to be able to go and play in the EU.
But, hey! The UK gets its high powered vacuum cleaners & ~£450m fishing industry (compared to its ~£5.8Bn music industry)
I have a feeling it'll fall on deaf ears, but you have nothing to lose by signing it

Seek Europe-wide Visa-free work permit for Touring professionals and Artists

This has been tweeted far & wide too, but if anyone could send it out on their various social media gizmos, it would be appreciated greatly.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Another of those marvellous benefits? Signed.
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Signed. The silly bastards...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

signed earlier. make sure you share it everywhere!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Swinnow
Overbomber

Already signed. Yet another example of a glorious own-goal for the blind led by the Nigel.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

The blind led by the Nigel couldn't give a pig's fart for bands and gigs.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

It's not a very charitable regret to have, but I can't help thinking that there's an alternate reality in which the "Sliding Doors" moment involves Farage's family being briefly upset that he hasn't walked away from that plane crash, but by this point we're a much happier, more united, and less ridiculed nation.
Swinnow
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 20:12 The blind led by the Nigel couldn't give a pig's fart for bands and gigs.
Very true, interesting to note that another one of the Brexit posse, the delightful Timmy Martin, of Wetherspoons fame, also diesn't have music in his terrible pubs. Have we stumbled on a connection?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

They likely have never had a connection to music in the way we do. They would look down on us for our passion.
Swinnow
Overbomber

It would only work for them if they could monetise it and sell it to us.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

emilystrange wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 21:03 They likely have never had a connection to music in the way we do. They would look down on us for our passion.
It's like David Mitchell (of Mitchell and Webb fame) used to be perversely proud of the fact that he didn't own any recorded music at all. How does someone live like that?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

The DUP are now voting against the Brexit deal. You couldn't make it up as they say... :roll:
The Chancer Corporation
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

If MPs take an extra week recess, the vote won't even be until after the 11th. A lot could happen before then.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 17:37 The DUP are now voting against the Brexit deal. You couldn't make it up as they say... :roll:
I wish Labour would. You're supposed to be an opposition party Kier, fcuking oppose!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Sadly Labour were always pulling in two directions over Brexit and still are. Most of the rank and file members voted remain but powerful leadership figures went the other way, the prospect of power seemed more enticing than demonstrating leadership in such an important matter.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 19:54
abridged wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 17:37 The DUP are now voting against the Brexit deal. You couldn't make it up as they say... :roll:
I wish Labour would. You're supposed to be an opposition party Kier, fcuking oppose!
True. The DUP are doing it to save their own skin. They were the only hardcore supporters of Brexit over here without apparently realising they were facilitating the eventual breakup of the UK. So now they're panicking when they see borders down the Irish sea etc. Starmer thinks that the Red Wall will vote Labour again if he supports the deal. He doesn't seem to realise that your politics are now as tribal and racist as ours and lots of people will stick to the Tories no matter how rubbish they are.
The Chancer Corporation
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Petition nearly at 200 thousand now .
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just do it
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Pista
Cureboi

Pat wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 00:06 Tory cnuts #6799
& they tried to blame it on the EU
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"Here's everything you love about this country. Now watch us p*ss on it."
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 10:05 "Here's everything you love about this country. Now watch us p*ss on it."
Oh it's only worth £11bn+ to the UK economy with £5bn from just music alone.

It's not like its a £500m fishing industry or anything.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

The difference being that a significant number of our 'fisherpeople', as I believe the current acceptable phraseology is, in the south-west and east coast voted for Brexit and so are happy idiots and compliant to the will of the blond horror.