COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 21:36
Pista wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 20:42
Whereabouts at the Balaton are you?
Balatonszeplakfelso. Well basically Siofok
Oh south side.
Shame. If you were anywhere near Fured I'd come & see you or invite you round for dinner
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 22:07
Oh south side.
Shame. If you were anywhere near Fured I'd come & see you or invite you round for dinner
well I can wave at you from here, it's cleared out really nice compared to yesterday. you live in a very nice area wow! anyways I'll be stationed here more often, bought an apartment, was a childhood dream. surely will meet up at some point. I love to head over Tihany with the ferry will just wait for the weather to get a bit better.
Pista
Cureboi

That'd be great.
At the top of the hill by the monastery with a cold drink overlooking the lake.
Roll on summer
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Had a message from a friend saying a guy we knew and saw at gigs and fests caught it over xmas and died and his wife is seriously ill as well , stay safe everyone .
Pista
Cureboi

OLDFART wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 19:46 Had a message from a friend saying a guy we knew and saw at gigs and fests caught it over xmas and died and his wife is seriously ill as well , stay safe everyone .
Oh noes :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

This is more likely the Daily Heil beating their anti forrin drum, but....
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I see the Daily Fail continues it's m*****n to demonstrate absolutely nothing that is good about Britain. It and it's readers deserve one another.

Edit - ROFL @ autocorrect
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 21:35 This is more likely the Daily Heil beating their anti forrin drum, but....
Really :eek: , that's like something off of Brass Eye.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

My lil' Bruder and his G-Friend.
My Sister-in-law.
My wife.
And now me.
Nearly whole of my close ones were hit by covid.

My wife is almost done. I got for about a week; loosing smell and almost completely taste it's interesting sensation, being weak and loosing energy - not so.

Look after your health. Stay health.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 16:47 My lil' Bruder and his G-Friend.
My Sister-in-law.
My wife.
And now me.
Nearly whole of my close ones were hit by covid.

My wife is almost done. I got for about a week; loosing smell and almost completely taste it's interesting sensation, being weak and loosing energy - not so.

Look after your health. Stay health.
Oh hell ! Best wishes for a soon and full recovery to you and everyone around ...

I for one felt so fed up with that steady mask-wearing today. Fresh air doesn't really come through
and at home with the heating, the air is not exactly fresh, either. I opened all windows and went for a walk
to where no-one else was only to take some deep breaths ... feels a bit better now, but *sigh ...
At least I didn't catch the virus so far.
Pista
Cureboi

Get well soon @Bartek & arra best to the family too
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Best wishes to you and your family, hope you're all fighting fit soon.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Get well soon.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

My wife is in Chicago for three days. Sharing a rental car with three other co-workers. Visiting multiple job sites, mostly outdoors but some inside. A client meet and greet meal at someone’s house. Three plane flights.

What’s the chances she gets home WITHOUT having a little something extra on her person. Unbelievable how some business can get away with scheduling this type of activity for their employees. Absolutely no wonder we are getting close to 4000 dead every day. Let’s all pretend things are normal.

So looks like I’m back to living in my car at the Walmart parking lot for a couple of weeks 😞
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
sultan2075
Overbomber

I am sorry to hear it, Bartek. Get well soon, all y'all.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Thank you very much.

Actually, my wife and I were worrying about impact that it could cause to her heath (she's after kidney transplant), but the more she had read, the brighter and clear it become. She has very good result of all medical tests, our lungs are clear.
The beginning was a bit misleading, she had tummy problem, back pain (same as I); i got some flu related symptoms, but knowing what i knew, once i realized that my brain frequently was telling my that there's a smell of vomit, and after that i tested and i lost smell, it was obvious.
And now, for something completely different:

Any how, my mum having this shyte at the beginning had the worst. We're fine. We knew how to prepare (vitamins: D and C to support our immune systems, once we knew it's covid - aspirin once a day to prevent from micro-blood-clot).
My lil' Bro is health now.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Bartek wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 02:12 Image
Your dog's got no nose? How does he smell?

Answer: Like Danniella Westbrook

This will make more sense to some of you than to others, and for this I make no apologies.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DJElectricDaddy

Bartek wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 02:12 Thank you very much.

Actually, my wife and I were worrying about impact that it could cause to her heath (she's after kidney transplant), but the more she had read, the brighter and clear it become. She has very good result of all medical tests, our lungs are clear.
The beginning was a bit misleading, she had tummy problem, back pain (same as I); i got some flu related symptoms, but knowing what i knew, once i realized that my brain frequently was telling my that there's a smell of vomit, and after that i tested and i lost smell, it was obvious.

Any how, my mum having this shyte at the beginning had the worst. We're fine. We knew how to prepare (vitamins: D and C to support our immune systems, once we knew it's covid - aspirin once a day to prevent from micro-blood-clot).
My lil' Bro is health now.
Man what an absolute nightmare. You all dodged a bullet. Glad you’re all on the other side of it now. I guess if there is any upside (and there really isn’t) but if you all have it at the same time I guess you don’t have to isolate and reimagine what your household looks like. Hopefully your antibodies will keep you safe from this point
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

All the best to you and yours @Bartek.

Meanwhile in Leeds we had this bunch of idiots.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

In episode 2384328 of Morons: Pandemic? What pandemic officer? :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DJElectricDaddy

Yes, there are idiots everywhere, but....is the outdoors really as bad as gatherings indoors? And as for local, what difference does it really make? If you spread home or away, you still spread. There’s a level of hysteria from the media (that I have bought into and contributed to I’ll admit) that gets a bit tiring. And I think the confusing flip floperry by the authorities has a large part to play

Still, in regards to the last article I don’t know what planet sized rock one must live under to be oblivious to the pandemic, especially with the media hysterics abound
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Chaotican

IMHO: we are, again, being manipulated re: vaccine info. Specifically, can you transmit covid-19 post-vaccination?

I am very certain that the answer is “no”.
However, the information givers don’t want us all ripping off our masks and declaring all around us safe. They also want to keep us distant and cautious.

But this is all akin to the kind of lies they told around “masks won’t stop the spread” so that we wouldn’t hoard masks.

Give me the science here... You inhale a breath that contains a hefty viral load. The virus can not replicate inside your immune cells. Are we proposing that the same virus you inhaled, then, is just hanging out in your lungs, waiting for an unsuspecting victim?

Currently, you can’t pass the virus along until it has been in your system for several days. You need to be an incubator in order to exhale a viral load.

Now, my youngest son (12, and very active/opinionated on Reddit), vehemently disagrees with me. He says, “you can be infected but not sick.” Walk me through this “non-sick infection”, son...

I will get my second vaccine dose soon. (Community health volunteer/homeless outreach qualification.) I’ll keep wearing a mask and all that, but I don’t think it is scientifically warranted to do so.
Swinnow
Overbomber

As the covid vaccines are so new and we have the consequent limited experience of them I feel it is better to take the cautious approach regarding post inoculation transmission. Time and more study data will advise us accordingly soon. OK, I may be biased as my youngest has a compromised immune system, but that's my position. I look forward to my vaccine appointment in due course in a few months time.
DJElectricDaddy

Swinnow wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 23:39 As the covid vaccines are so new and we have the consequent limited experience of them I feel it is better to take the cautious approach regarding post inoculation transmission. Time and more study data will advise us accordingly soon. OK, I may be biased as my youngest has a compromised immune system, but that's my position. I look forward to my vaccine appointment in due course in a few months time.
THIS^^^

Thing is, we an look at flu and common colds and see how viral load and susceptibility play out for an indicator. But COVID is so unique in how you can be completely asymptomatic and still be shedding virus (AFAIK, there may be other virus that behave like that). My non scientific belief is that this virus will try to find new and interesting ways to f**k with us, and hanging out in our lungs patiently may very well be one of them. Until, as you say, the science shows me otherwise, I will not trust this little c**t one iota.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning