COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Still waiting on my jab. I can't wait to get back to gigs (and exhibitions and magazine launches) but having COPD still nervous about being stuck in the middle of hundreds of sweaty people. Personally I blame Kent for everything. :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Got my jab this morning .
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You've got to love Ms Parton. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I've got an appointment for my first vaccine on Saturday morning :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 00:45 I've got an appointment for my first vaccine on Saturday morning :D
Me too, and my wife a week later. Did not expect to get an appointment today (last time I tried the DC vaccine website crashed after 3 whole minutes). My father in Texas is getting his second dose this afternoon.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

Tighter restrictions coming here with around 200 dead/ day & infection rate spiking again

Non essential businesses and schools shutting from Monday
So my quote for decorating a house is probably a total waste of time as I might not be able to go & buy all the paint & stuff I need. :evil:
Frankly getting a bit sick of this.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I fear the same here as pubs reopen before the majority of the 20-50yr olds have their jabs. Surely there was a lesson to be learned from last summer.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Don't forget which government you're talking about here. Learning lessons? Evidence-based policy? Riiiight.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Having my first jab on Wednesday.
sultan2075
Overbomber

I ended up getting the Johnson & Johnson one-shot, but it is absolutely kicking me around the block. I had all the symptoms of fever without actually having a fever (we checked - but I had chattering teeth, etc), aches all over (like after a hard workout), headaches, sinus pressure fatigue and in inability to sleep.

The cat is happy though. She’s spent most of the last 28 hours sitting on my feet while I fail to sleep.

Still, despite it all, I feel good - like I’ve got one of those weirdly optimistic hangovers, if that makes any sense.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 19:25 I ended up getting the Johnson & Johnson one-shot, but it is absolutely kicking me around the block. I had all the symptoms of fever without actually having a fever (we checked - but I had chattering teeth, etc), aches all over (like after a hard workout), headaches, sinus pressure fatigue and in inability to sleep.

The cat is happy though. She’s spent most of the last 28 hours sitting on my feet while I fail to sleep.

Still, despite it all, I feel good - like I’ve got one of those weirdly optimistic hangovers, if that makes any sense.
You're the first person I know to have had that one.
I guess the side effects are preferable to the potential alternative
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 20:24
sultan2075 wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 19:25 I ended up getting the Johnson & Johnson one-shot, but it is absolutely kicking me around the block. I had all the symptoms of fever without actually having a fever (we checked - but I had chattering teeth, etc), aches all over (like after a hard workout), headaches, sinus pressure fatigue and in inability to sleep.

You're the first person I know to have had that one.
I guess the side effects are preferable to the potential alternative
Yeah, definitely. My wife gets hers next week, but we don’t know which one it will be. I’m glad we’ve gotten it done though. We’re hoping to make it across the pond to visit her father this summer.
--
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Had the az/oxford one yesterday and felt a bit sleepy, but other than that no adverse effects so far! Fingers crossed.
Pista
Cureboi

Had an interesting chat at the weekend about the closure of al non-essntial shops here in Hungary for 2 to 4 weeks.
He was say that, if you think about it, the hairdresser has one or two people in it, the beauty salon the same, the local electronics store has a couple of people & they are all forced to close.
The supermarkets & pharmacies, on the other hand, are more or less always full of people so the likelihood of transmission is going to be greater in those stores with more people in them which are, ironically, the ones that are allowed to remain open.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not denying that there's a massive problem, but it just seems a bit topsy turvy.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 00:01 Had the az/oxford one yesterday and felt a bit sleepy, but other than that no adverse effects so far! Fingers crossed.
That’s one of the two-dose ones? I’ve heard the second shot can be rough.
--
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I may be wrong but I think the J&J is the only one (so far) that's single dose.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sultan2075 wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 13:49
Quiff Boy wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 00:01 Had the az/oxford one yesterday and felt a bit sleepy, but other than that no adverse effects so far! Fingers crossed.
That’s one of the two-dose ones? I’ve heard the second shot can be rough.
yep, both the ones we have in the uk - az and pfizer are 2-dose
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 14:43 I may be wrong but I think the J&J is the only one (so far) that's single dose.
I believe you are correct - I don't know about the non-mainstream ones (like SynoVax), but J&J is definitely 1-shot. I'm off to get mine tomorrow morning at stupid o'clock - they're running a 24-hour unit, daytime it's a 2-shotter, overnight it's the J&J. Me I don't give a monkey's which one I get so long as I get one of them - it's wholly self-interested, since no vaccine = no travel, and 14 months of enforced sitting at home is buggering up my life, not to mention my waistline. If I ever have to go into an office again I'll need trousers with a waistband the size of a gasometer!
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 04:43
markfiend wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 14:43 I may be wrong but I think the J&J is the only one (so far) that's single dose.
I believe you are correct - I don't know about the non-mainstream ones (like SynoVax), but J&J is definitely 1-shot. I'm off to get mine tomorrow morning at stupid o'clock - they're running a 24-hour unit, daytime it's a 2-shotter, overnight it's the J&J. Me I don't give a monkey's which one I get so long as I get one of them - it's wholly self-interested, since no vaccine = no travel, and 14 months of enforced sitting at home is buggering up my life, not to mention my waistline. If I ever have to go into an office again I'll need trousers with a waistband the size of a gasometer!
FWIW, my side effects hit at almost exactly 10 hours (almost to the minute) after the injection, and stuck around for about 24 hours (though the first 8 hours were probably the worst). So, er.... have fun?
--
EvilBastard
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 04:51
EvilBastard wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 04:43
FWIW, my side effects hit at almost exactly 10 hours (almost to the minute) after the injection, and stuck around for about 24 hours (though the first 8 hours were probably the worst). So, er.... have fun?
They're starting to kick in now, 18 hours later. Maybe I can sleep through the bad 8 hours :?
As long as I'm reasonably functional by lunchtime tomorrow then I don't mind - happy to punt my the meetings with my devs (they have enough to be getting on with), but 12.30 is story groomage and sprint planning, which I kinda have to be there for.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mine was the pfizer one and had a sore upper arm for a couple of days but that's all .
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

the Hungarian numbers are absolutely crazy. exponential growth. people of our age getting so sick. I came back to NL Saturday after two months, getting tested tomorrow. I feel like this will never end:(
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 14:26 the Hungarian numbers are absolutely crazy. exponential growth. people of our age getting so sick. I came back to NL Saturday after two months, getting tested tomorrow. I feel like this will never end:(
It's not helping that all the yahoos from Budapest & Pest county pile down to their holiday homes at the lake on the weekends & swarm all the supermarkets on Friday afternoons spreading the lovely infection like idiots. Orban can close all the shops he wants. If he lets people travel all over the country it'll take a miracle to get it under control.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 15:12
It's not helping that all the yahoos from Budapest & Pest county pile down to their holiday homes at the lake on the weekends & swarm all the supermarkets on Friday afternoons spreading the lovely infection like idiots. Orban can close all the shops he wants. If he lets people travel all over the country it'll take a miracle to get it under control.
I know. I was surprised how busy it was and I expect the same this long weekend. I hope it gets better soon.