2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:19 I still think it's too soon. I still think it won't happen. But tickets bought.
Absolutely. But I assume if (when..) they are moved to for example February next year, they would still be on a weekend and still valid.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hotel booked, tickets bought for Friday and Saturday.
:D :von:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
vince
Road Kill

I'm in for Friday, tickets booked.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:28
abridged wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:19 I still think it's too soon. I still think it won't happen. But tickets bought.
Absolutely. But I assume if (when..) they are moved to for example February next year, they would still be on a weekend and still valid.
The worry for me is that if these gigs don't go ahead (relatively) soon, then they never will. Even if they go ahead in September that's a year and a half that all these venues have been closed. If it's February next year that will be pushing two years. How many venues will be left by then? How long can places like the Roundhouse or Nottingham Rock City and (insert your local venue here) stay in business as they stand empty?
At some point we either accept that some people will always die regardless of what we do and move on, or we accept that life as we knew it has been fundamentally changed and that social events, including gigs, simply no longer exist.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

vince wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 12:35 I'm in for Friday, tickets booked.
At least one of your pints will be free that evening :)

Booked tickets and accommodation at The Enterprise for the 3 nights for myself and Charlie :D bring on the Sisters Festival, whenever it may occur. Fingers crossed!
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 13:03 The worry for me is that if these gigs don't go ahead (relatively) soon, then they never will. Even if they go ahead in September that's a year and a half that all these venues have been closed. If it's February next year that will be pushing two years. How many venues will be left by then? How long can places like the Roundhouse or Nottingham Rock City and (insert your local venue here) stay in business as they stand empty?
At some point we either accept that some people will always die regardless of what we do and move on, or we accept that life as we knew it has been fundamentally changed and that social events, including gigs, simply no longer exist.
I would have thought that if a business had found, or been helped to find, a way to stay alive to September it will probably still be alive come Spring. I'm missing my gigs and seeing people I only see up and down thr country at and around venues but, taking last year into account, September looks too early to gather such a number indoors. I'm also unlikely to be at Beautiful Days this year btw.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Gothicbiff

I take it The Enterprise is the official Heartlanders hotel :D
I'm booked there too
Now I really need to get the Forum tshirt :lol:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 13:30 September looks too early to gather such a number indoors.
Sod that, if it's good enough for Kirkstall Morrisons on a saturday (and presumably every other supermarket up and down the country) then it's good enough for a load of Sisters fans. I am presuming the capacity of the Roundhouse will be restricted mind, and hey maybe we'll all be put in social-distanced Covid cages, perfectly recreating the This Corrosion video :wink: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 14:13
Swinnow wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 13:30 September looks too early to gather such a number indoors.
Sod that, if it's good enough for Kirkstall Morrisons on a saturday (and presumably every other supermarket up and down the country) then it's good enough for a load of Sisters fans. I am presuming the capacity of the Roundhouse will be restricted mind, and hey maybe we'll all be put in social-distanced Covid cages, perfectly recreating the This Corrosion video :wink: :lol:
Personally, I shall be attending in Boing.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 14:48 Personally, I shall be attending in Boing.
:lol: make a pleasant change from someone's boot / elbow / teeth smacking you in the head down the front.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 14:13 Sod that, if it's good enough for Kirkstall Morrisons on a saturday (and presumably every other supermarket up and down the country) then it's good enough for a load of Sisters fans. I am presuming the capacity of the Roundhouse will be restricted mind, and hey maybe we'll all be put in social-distanced Covid cages, perfectly recreating the This Corrosion video :wink: :lol:
Can't say that I've ever noticed thousands travelling across these islands to have a mosh and a sing song in Kirkstall Morrisons, or even the Swinnow sister store. You're comparing apples with pears so better avoid the fruit aisle, Hartley-Brewer is clearly doing her 'job' well. I hope everyone enjoys and more importantly gets home in the condition they set off in.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 15:24
Planet Dave wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 14:13 Sod that, if it's good enough for Kirkstall Morrisons on a saturday (and presumably every other supermarket up and down the country) then it's good enough for a load of Sisters fans. I am presuming the capacity of the Roundhouse will be restricted mind, and hey maybe we'll all be put in social-distanced Covid cages, perfectly recreating the This Corrosion video :wink: :lol:
Can't say that I've ever noticed thousands travelling across these islands to have a mosh and a sing song in Kirkstall Morrisons, or even the Swinnow sister store. You're comparing apples with pears so better avoid the fruit aisle, Hartley-Brewer is clearly doing her 'job' well. I hope everyone enjoys and more importantly gets home in the condition they set off in.
Can't say I have either Chris, just the large room packed wall to wall with humans. Therein lay the comparison, made in jest. Here, have a banana.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

All three nights? At my age? I'll give it a bloody good go!!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

euphoria wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 11:28
My thoughts exactly.

I would be more confident if they had selected an outdoor venue - such as piece hall in Halifax who are holding gigs at the same time. I think that would be a great venue for a gig in September - it would be dark for the whole set, its up north, etc.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Booked x3!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

my oh my....

gigs in september!?!

this is a brexit move isn't it?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Got mine
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
My Dominion

I will be there. All 3 of them :-)
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Swinnow
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 15:50 Can't say I have either Chris, just the large room packed wall to wall with humans. Therein lay the comparison, made in jest. Here, have a banana.
Peace Dave, you're a good 'un, we'll have a pint and a hug sion x
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Got my tickets for all three nights. If they are able to go ahead with the gigs by then, I fear there may be spacing measures in place. I reckon the Roundhouse is big enough to accommodate a decent sized spaced crowd and they're doing three gigs...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Steve: I bought tickets to all three nights.
I’ll find a way in to your country...
(Well, not STEVE’S country... anyhow, you May remove the ‘?’!)
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 01:47 Got my tickets for all three nights. If they are able to go ahead with the gigs by then, I fear there may be spacing measures in place. I reckon the Roundhouse is big enough to accommodate a decent sized spaced crowd and they're doing three gigs...
I don't see how "spacing measures" could be implemented. IMHO these gigs have been booked based on Boris'

"The fourth step from 21 June will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs."

Even if that gets put back another month til the end of July the September gigs will be fine. Now whether individual people believe it's safe is of course a decision for them.
Once the majority of the population has been vaccinated then it's as safe as it's going to ever be, again in my uninformed opinion.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Pista
Cureboi

ribbons69 wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 11:53
I don't see how "spacing measures" could be implemented. IMHO these gigs have been booked based on Boris'
The Flaming Lips managed it. Worst. Mosh pit. Ever.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Tickets bought, all 3.

Likewise I highly doubt these are going to go ahead, and if they do it'll be very touch and go for me, but I know I'd have regretted not buying.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Cause & Effect
Road Kill

I'm in all 3 nights woohoo, so is The Hired Hand....I can faintly hear the roar of a big machine...