2021-09-12, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Jeepers. https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/ ... Cgjcl_S8RM

Tickets

Roll call:
@Cause & Effect
@ruffers
@Zeitgeist
@Memphis Rich
@ribbons69
@lex3000
@Charlie
@Planet Dave
@Todashi
@streamline
@robertzombie
@My Dominion
@Chaotican
@Andrew S
@mh
@The Hired Hand
@eastmidswhizzkid
@XidiouX
@Erudite
@OLDFART
@AndyTGNEW
@Rise891
@Gothicbiff
@Dr. Moody
@mr flood 81
@Back in time
@dtsom

Setlist courtesey @ruffers & @czuczu :notworthy:

Lucretia, My Reflection
Crash and Burn
Ribbons
I Will Call You
Alice
But Genevieve
Dominion / Mother Russia
Summer
Instrumental
Marian
Show Me On The Doll
I Was Wrong
Flood II
-----------------
Never Land
First And Last And Always
Vision Thing
-----------------
More
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
The Chancer Corporation
ruffers
Overbomber

Bought
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ticket bought, hotel booked.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Memphis Rich wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 16:01 Ticket bought, hotel booked.
This.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Todashi

Two tickets booked. Dunno if we'll be able to travel, but hey, we'll find out I guess.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

All three nights? At my age? I'll give it a bloody good go!!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I will be there. All 3 of them :-)
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'm coming if they are!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
mh
Above the Chemist

Bought!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not 100% sure I can make this one, but have bought ticket just in case and booked extra hotel night....fingers crossed 8)
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i just realised i am in the roll-calll list for this gig even though as yet i have not worked out a way to attend this one. however as a month ago i didnt have a clue whether i would be going to ANY and now have 2 out of 3 booked i will leave it there as a hint to the Universe and the powers of Chaos...one should never underestimate either. :von:
:bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Pista
Cureboi

Yeah. I made a few assumptions & copy/ pastes when the dates were initially announced.
Hope a ticket finds its way into your pocket somehow :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 07:20 Yeah. I made a few assumptions & copy/ pastes when the dates were initially announced.
Hope a ticket finds its way into your pocket somehow :)
dont tell anyone cxuz i have a reputation to uphold but
i may have a weeks work soon which will mean day 3 is a charm...

Memphis Rich

I appear to be going to this one twice again, according to the roll call. I'll only be there once, honestly.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Pista
Cureboi

Memphis Rich wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 15:34 I appear to be going to this one twice again, according to the roll call. I'll only be there once, honestly.
:oops: :lol:
Your doppelgänger has now been removed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Memphis Rich

Thanks Pista. How did you know which one was me and which was my evil twin? Glad you eliminated the right one!
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Pista
Cureboi

Memphis Rich wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 23:05 Thanks Pista. How did you know which one was me and which was my evil twin? Glad you eliminated the right one!
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Growing increasingly sceptical now if this triple date is going to happen in September :? Of course I bought the tickets well knowing that the gigs could be postponed, but the last weeks have made me think there's no way they will be going ahead already now - or do any of you see a chance? When I check concert schedules, these dates are very early even by British standards. I (and many others even here in Germany) have had both jabs now so that's maybe not the problem, but jabs regardless of vaccine brand don't seem to stop the spreading in itself, do they?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 20:14 Growing increasingly sceptical now if this triple date is going to happen in September :? Of course I bought the tickets well knowing that the gigs could be postponed, but the last weeks have made me think there's no way they will be going ahead already now - or do any of you see a chance? When I check concert schedules, these dates are very early even by British standards. I (and many others even here in Germany) have had both jabs now so that's maybe not the problem, but jabs regardless of vaccine brand don't seem to stop the spreading in itself, do they?
Still no idea as the UK is waiting for further official announcements regarding restriction-easing. Presumably neither Von nor the gig industry has enough money to ensure their business continues regardless, unlike for eg the Premier League or UEFA. The whole flying from one country to another is another question altogether. The gigs never seemed too likely, but we live in hope.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

euphoria wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 20:14 Growing increasingly sceptical now if this triple date is going to happen in September :? Of course I bought the tickets well knowing that the gigs could be postponed, but the last weeks have made me think there's no way they will be going ahead already now - or do any of you see a chance? When I check concert schedules, these dates are very early even by British standards. I (and many others even here in Germany) have had both jabs now so that's maybe not the problem, but jabs regardless of vaccine brand don't seem to stop the spreading in itself, do they?
Yeah, the vaccines (any brand) do not confer immunity or stop the virus from spreading they just make it significantly more likely that (a) you will not catch the virus and (b) get seriously I'll after contracting the virus. What we are seeing is a pool of the virus remaining in the usually younger unvaccinated age-group and each one of these people adds to the risk of a new mutation developing that can side-step the vaccines. Having said that, with every passing day the situation improves provided people keep acting with due care and respect for others and heed the social distancing for a wee while yet. We'll probably know in early August about these gigs after the data gathered at the Euro's and events like Tramlines in Sheffield has been crunched. Fingers crossed for all going but I won't be there this time.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 21:45 Presumably neither Von nor the gig industry has enough money to ensure their business continues regardless, unlike for eg the Premier League or UEFA
Yes, I was especially thinking of the EURO games, full or almost full stadiums which despite testing requirements have shown to be spreader events. And even a full football stadium is nothing compared to a sweaty shirtless moshpit...I doubt the band would like playing in front of a mask-wearing audience spaced metres apart, but the question is also, could they afford to refuse if that's the only possible option? Seriously I'm hoping for the triple date to be postponed at least until November and preferably until February/March '22.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 11:59
Planet Dave wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 21:45 Presumably neither Von nor the gig industry has enough money to ensure their business continues regardless, unlike for eg the Premier League or UEFA
Yes, I was especially thinking of the EURO games, full or almost full stadiums which despite testing requirements have shown to be spreader events. And even a full football stadium is nothing compared to a sweaty shirtless moshpit...I doubt the band would like playing in front of a mask-wearing audience spaced metres apart, but the question is also, could they afford to refuse if that's the only possible option? Seriously I'm hoping for the triple date to be postponed at least until November and preferably until February/March '22.
All will be revealed in the fullness of time. No point speculating on how things might be, too many possibilities and permutations, we'll find out soon enough :) personally I hope they do go ahead, whatever stipulations are attached to that, but I'm perfectly accepting if they don't, for whatever reason.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I think most of the travelling Scots that were reported as contracting the virus did not actually attend the match at Wembley. It is more likely they caught it in the pubs and street gatherings where any social distancing had broken down. Wembley is also remarkably spacious for a football ground too, so I'd imagine you'd be safer there than a pub in north London.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

Guess who's coming to this as well? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
with enormous thanks to my generous benefactor who sadly isnt going but amazingly thought of little old me! bless you bro x :notworthy: :kiss:

Charlie
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 11:38 Guess who's coming to this as well? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
with enormous thanks to my generous benefactor who sadly isnt going but amazingly thought of little old me! bless you bro x :notworthy: :kiss:
Excellent news Lee! :D :D