The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

"Experts" claim there are 520 ways to eat Jaffa Cakes.
I note that they didn't ask any of us.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 09:36 "Experts" claim there are 520 ways to eat Jaffa Cakes.
That's just an extended advert for McVitie's! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 09:54
Pista wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 09:36 "Experts" claim there are 520 ways to eat Jaffa Cakes.
That's just an extended advert for McVitie's! :lol:
Yeah.
They got sick of Weetabix & Heinz getting all the attention :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

I have discovered "cherry bakewell" flavour chocolate digestives.......my life is complete.
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh my word!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Indeed, "oh my word" I am wondering if they do requests ? perhaps spiced rum flavour ?
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
Pista
Cureboi

Saw some of these in the supermarket last week

Might pick up a pack this week
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

One of the parents sent it 2 huge packets of Jaffa cakes on Monday when the kids came back. To help us get through the week, she said. :D
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 20:41 One of the parents sent it 2 huge packets of Jaffa cakes on Monday when the kids came back. To help us get through the week, she said. :D
What did you do after 10 o’clock? 🤣
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hee... well, you see, we'd already brought our own HUGE supply.. so we have Monday's already lined up!
Pista
Cureboi

According to Cambridgeshire Live's biscuit expert, Co-Op's custard creams are disappointing
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ALL CUSTARD CREAMS ARE DISAPPOINTING
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 22:10 ALL CUSTARD CREAMS ARE DISAPPOINTING
& disgusting
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that too
abridged
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 22:10 ALL CUSTARD CREAMS ARE DISAPPOINTING
Indeed. I never saw the point of Vanilla. There was for a while a strawberry version of them. Which tasted weird. Probably because we are all used to vanilla. Which could be a metaphor for existence.
The Chancer Corporation
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I know this is only tangentally linked to biscuits, but if anyone hasn't read it yet, there's a hilarious tea towel related thread on the big TSOM FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1980147 ... 6201594225
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

THat's the best thing on there!
spike_severin
Road Kill

Eating some Ginger Parkin biscuits. Nice.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

this possibly my first post in this thread but i had to share: cadbury's chocolate fingers dunked in rose wine...its like eating s bag of sugar with extra sweetener...don't do it!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Watch the diabetes bro!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 10:27 Watch the diabetes bro!
chocolate just aint my thing. i'm a cake man.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

One Irish food I must try - Rich tea Biscuits with butter. Apparently every Irish person knows this snack!!! :lol:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

elamanamou wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 10:50 One Irish food I must try - Rich tea Biscuits with butter. Apparently every Irish person knows this snack!!! :lol:
And this, oh best beloveds, is why we sought for so many years to bring our Hibernian brethren back into the fold. Oh, how valiantly we strove to save them, sending first a man who would banish the snakes from their teashops that they might enjoy a nice cuppa in peace. And yet they refused to heed us. Then we dispatched many wealthy and well-bred English people to teach them the ways of tea and its enjoyment, but they preferred to carry on their heathen ways, burning mud and eating so many potatoes that they caused a terrible shortage of them. Oh, if only they had listened to us as we extolled the virtues of the noble Bourbon, the princely plain-chocolate digestive, and the Jaffa Cake, which we gave for them and for many. And who among us gathered here this evening can forget the events of this very time in 1916 when, displaying their ingratitude, they laid siege to the post office wherein parcels of pink wafers, Hob Nobs, and shortbread, gifts from their concerned compatriots across the sea, awaited distribution to the poor and needy among them.
Let it be no wonder, then, that the Free Unionist Congregation of Tadfield had eventually no option but to turn our backs upon them, to cast them into the darkness, to wander the howling wastes, to seek what solace they could in the arms of the even-more benighted heathens that inhabit The Lands Beyond These Shores, lands where a good cuppa cannot be had, lands where proper biscuits fear to tread and where a proper cup of tea is as alien a concept as soap, being polite to their neighbours, and not setting fire to sheep. And let this be a lesson that a similar fate may befall all those who dine upon Rich Tea biscuits with butter, for 'tis but the first step upon the wide and downward-sloping path to the abyss - oh, it's just a Rich Tea with butter, you'll hear them say. Aye, sez I, but where will it end? I tell you, brothers and sisters, I tell you for I have gazed into the abyss and was sore afeared by the sight that met my eyes. I saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the names of Custard Cream, Jammy Dodger, and Nice. Repent and be saved, or suffer the damnation that will befall all unbelievers.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
abridged
Slight Overbomber

elamanamou wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 10:50 One Irish food I must try - Rich tea Biscuits with butter. Apparently every Irish person knows this snack!!! :lol:
Indeed we do. And glorious is the rich tea with butter. No dunking though! 😉
The Chancer Corporation
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

I used to do plain digestives with butter (not margarine, proper salty butter). Was quite teasty in a sweet and salty kinda way
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning