Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
User avatar
OLDFART
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 327
Joined: 10 Aug 2020, 21:55
Location: The Cursed Earth

Icon wrote:
11 May 2021, 18:46
There is progress :D !
Today I received an e-mail from unbound asking if I wanted the name of the supporter printed in the book changed.
They said that after May 27th any changes might not make it into the book. Seems to me that it‘s going to be printed pretty soon. :D :D :D
Not much longer to wait fortunately ;D
Had that e-mail as well , hopefully be getting it before summer's done :D
User avatar
sultan2075
Overbomber
Posts: 2064
Joined: 04 Mar 2005, 19:17
Location: Mordor-on-the-Potomac
Contact:

Glad to hear it’s progressing. Despite pledging, I’ve not heard from them in over a year.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
User avatar
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 333
Joined: 12 Sep 2002, 01:00
Location: FL

OLDFART wrote:
11 May 2021, 20:42
Icon wrote:
11 May 2021, 18:46
There is progress :D !
Today I received an e-mail from unbound asking if I wanted the name of the supporter printed in the book changed.
They said that after May 27th any changes might not make it into the book. Seems to me that it‘s going to be printed pretty soon. :D :D :D
Not much longer to wait fortunately ;D
Had that e-mail as well , hopefully be getting it before summer's done :D
I tried logging in...forgot my password and asked for a reset link twice now. Nothing, no reply and there's no help contact info.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 3256
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: In the Gazebo Of Badness, just outside BD3

Electrochrome wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:29
I tried logging in...forgot my password and asked for a reset link twice now. Nothing, no reply and there's no help contact info.
I'd suggest sending MAndrews a PM on here and chase Unbound up via the author.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 333
Joined: 12 Sep 2002, 01:00
Location: FL

Swinnow wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:37
Electrochrome wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:29
I tried logging in...forgot my password and asked for a reset link twice now. Nothing, no reply and there's no help contact info.
I'd suggest sending MAndrews a PM on here and chase Unbound up via the author.
Great idea. But I'm also a dummy and the reset mail actually went to a different folder in gmail. All is good now...forgot I'd given my work address for shipping (this is over two years ago). If it's any time soon, I probably still won't be in the office...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 20:15
Location: Belgium

Just noticed this on the Unbound website: "It’s getting close. Pre-order a reward now – the supporter list is closing at 11pm (BST) on Sunday 23 May 2021". Therefore it seems there are only a few days left to pledge and get your or someone else's name in the book. Seems logical since it's off to the typesetters ...
https://unbound.com/books/sistersofmercy/
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 8416
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld
Contact:

i heard/read (must have been in the 1980-85 FB group) that we were looking at a September publication....good timing with it being the Roundhouse & my birthday (which its never too early to advertise). :von:
:bat:
SISTERS FOREVER, FOREVER SISTERS
:bat:
User avatar
halfjobbob
Road Kill
Posts: 54
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 21:17
Location: UK

I love the way he is paying homage to the Sisters tried and tested method of taking aaaaggggggeeeeessssss to release it..... :-)
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6665
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

halfjobbob wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 17:17
I love the way he is paying homage to the Sisters tried and tested method of taking aaaaggggggeeeeessssss to release it..... :-)
It's the Publisher Unbound that set the Process and the Length of time to get it from Rough Manuscript to Printed Book :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
mh
Above the Chemist
Posts: 7587
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Over the edge and too far forward

I see Amazon have this on pre-order now, release date 28th October this year. :von: :von: :von:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
User avatar
Icon
Road Kill
Posts: 83
Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 14:10
Location: Germany

mh wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 21:56
I see Amazon have this on pre-order now, release date 28th October this year. :von: :von: :von:
I was hoping for August. That would have been 6 months from the finished manuscript being handed over. Well, the winter is long. Enough time to read it approximately 16 times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :von:
User avatar
mh
Above the Chemist
Posts: 7587
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Over the edge and too far forward

Icon wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 10:25
mh wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 21:56
I see Amazon have this on pre-order now, release date 28th October this year. :von: :von: :von:
I was hoping for August. That would have been 6 months from the finished manuscript being handed over. Well, the winter is long. Enough time to read it approximately 16 times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :von:
Only 16? Lightweight.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
User avatar
Icon
Road Kill
Posts: 83
Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 14:10
Location: Germany

mh wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 19:44
Icon wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 10:25
mh wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 21:56
I see Amazon have this on pre-order now, release date 28th October this year. :von: :von: :von:
I was hoping for August. That would have been 6 months from the finished manuscript being handed over. Well, the winter is long. Enough time to read it approximately 16 times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :von:
Only 16? Lightweight.

I spend the rest of the time reading Waiting For Another War again. :lol:
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 8416
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld
Contact:

Icon wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:46
mh wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 19:44
Icon wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 10:25


I was hoping for August. That would have been 6 months from the finished manuscript being handed over. Well, the winter is long. Enough time to read it approximately 16 times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :von:
Only 16? Lightweight.

I spend the rest of the time reading Waiting For Another War again. :lol:
only fair to recommend Wayne's Salad Days if you havent already read it. i only bothered reading it al the way through once, but ive reread the Sisters bit countless times.
SISTERS FOREVER, FOREVER SISTERS
:bat:
User avatar
Icon
Road Kill
Posts: 83
Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 14:10
Location: Germany

:lol:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 21:12
Icon wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:46
mh wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 19:44


Only 16? Lightweight.

I spend the rest of the time reading Waiting For Another War again. :lol:
only fair to recommend Wayne's Salad Days if you havent already read it. i only bothered reading it al the way through once, but ive reread the Sisters bit countless times.
I did buy Wayne‘s book when it came out and read it once.
How can I put this…
At the time of the break-up I took Von‘s side and I could never relate to the m*****n. I think I still have the first two 12“ singles but never really liked them.
Although I do acknowledge that Wayne is probably a nice chap, I only bought the book for the part about the Sisters. And I think Wayne has a way of shooting little arrows at Andrew even now.
So as much as I found much of the firsthand information very interesting, I have not reread it yet.

Maybe someone up there in Leeds can persuade Mark/Gary to write a book?! I think that would be a constant on my bedside table. :lol: 8)
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 13107
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 59%

Icon wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 12:41
Maybe someone up there in Leeds can persuade Mark/Gary to write a book?! I think that would be a constant on my bedside table. :lol: 8)
Yeah, that would be nice and I'd love to read it, too... :) ...
Post Reply