Best Mosh Pit

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

What, in your experiences, was the best Mosh Pit you've been in and why?

I think mine has to be Siouxsie & The Banshees.
It was rough but, if you got knocked down, someone would scoop you up immediately.
And then push you back into the melee.
I recall emerging after a Hyaena show and I had all manner of jewellery hooked on my jumper.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

NMA in the No Rest/T&C/Impurity tour days for exactly the same reason as above, but with clogs not jewellery. The Mish at Bradford Rio's got a bit tasty, but thankfully more DM's than clogs. The Mish also at Leeds Coliseum when I accidentally head butted Simon Hinkler too :lol: (drink had been taken, hence the "dancing")
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

The Cramps. also full on and also friendly folk picking you up as soon as you got knocked down. so long ago it wasnt called moshing it was called wrecking.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

The Mish a few times in the 80's. Carter at Finsbury Park in 93. The ill fated GunsNRoses set at Donington 87. Slayer at Rock City on the South of Heaven tour.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_40N1BSVck
Yours truly somewhere in the front :D

And being an extreme metal fan, I can't remember which one was the best, there were MANY good ones I remember.

The worst these days are the hardcore-ish moshpits AKA butterfly- catching and Karate Kid impersonations.
They are just plain dangerous and annoying and IMO don't have any place on a festival.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Ministry 1992/3. Packed out. Big Al came on an hour late with the refrain ‘let’s go to work’ took a big glug of his JD and the place went proper mental. Never been anywhere near that since.
Goths have feelings too
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Dub War at Northampton Roadmenders probably 94- 96. Full of skinheads, I had hair to my arse, my mate had bright green dreads, as soon as anyone went down an area cleared and up they popped again. One of my all time best gigs. And Suidcial Tendencies, somewhere, at some point in my life :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

Motorhead 1990-91
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."