anyone eles here likes that 2006 drum intro and wants it back as well?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
hippie-bullsh-t-hater
Road Kill

At 2006 shows they used a special intro for shows. You could hear drums from a drum machine (not afterhours).
I liked that intro very much and would like to have that back as an intro. Anyone else here who has the same opinion?
czuczu
Overbomber

Wasn't it an SSV track? :/
hippie-bullsh-t-hater
Road Kill

I dont think that it was a SSV track. But cant say it for sure, because I only listened rarely to that SSV stuff.
Pista
Cureboi

They use STFU more recently.
I remember being asked if I had a decent lossless version that they could use.
Must have been 2017 as it was before Chris left
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

apart from afterhours and the SSV track ive only known them come on to things like "will you still love me tomorrow" etc; thats from like smoke and mirrors onwards..... of course now we get the extended intro to Genevieve as well.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 16:28 Must have been 2017 as it was before Chris left
I thought official Word was that Chris hasn't left, he just couldn't do that tour.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 18:36 apart from afterhours and the SSV track ive only known them come on to things like "will you still love me tomorrow" etc; thats from like smoke and mirrors onwards..... of course now we get the extended intro to Genevieve as well.
Didn't they use Fly & Collision of Comas Sola at one point?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 09:32
Pista wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 16:28 Must have been 2017 as it was before Chris left
I thought official Word was that Chris hasn't left, he just couldn't do that tour.
That's correct.
As you were everyone ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Silver_Owl wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 11:06
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 18:36 apart from afterhours and the SSV track ive only known them come on to things like "will you still love me tomorrow" etc; thats from like smoke and mirrors onwards..... of course now we get the extended intro to Genevieve as well.
FACT
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 11:09
FACT
i couldnt have answered that as i have never heartd of the track. thanks Stevbe

Silver_Owl
The Don

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 11:51
Pista wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 11:09

FACT
i couldnt have answered that as i have never heartd of the track. thanks Stevbe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwYDtANKFM

You'll probably recognise it Lebe. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So, in terms of the timeline for the intro here's what I remember:

Fly and Collision of Comas Sola (circa 98/99?)
2006 - Jungle Drums (a personal favourite of mine)
2009~2013 - Afterhours
2014~2017 - STFU
Present: New Intro ( I believe they played it twice, the first time it gave me the impression that was an intro to But Genevive, but later on on that same tour it was played before Lucretia, so it's clearly just the new intro song);
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
czuczu
Overbomber

We're all good as long as that reggae tape stays lost...
eastmidswhizzkid

czuczu wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 15:24 We're all good as long as that reggae tape stays lost...
:lol: agreed

Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 18:04
Yes, this! Has it actually been identified? I did like this one...

It was also used in 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wh8n8Se5hA
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Dan
Overbomber

I quite like 'Weird Dutch Drunken Trumpet Music' on some of the old tapes (1984).
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

Wasn't that intro called Spacetime? I think I saw that on a setlist somewhere.
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Suleiman wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 12:14 Wasn't that intro called Spacetime? I think I saw that on a setlist somewhere.
You are right! :D
it started in 2002 and you can hear the full 7 minutes on the frankfurt 2003 bootleg.
and it is a great intro ... behind afterhours.
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
mh
Above the Chemist

Dan wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 01:06 I quite like 'Weird Dutch Drunken Trumpet Music' on some of the old tapes (1984).
It's the ending of Sister Ann by the MC5, from about 6:05 here. Credit to Scardwel for the ID.

Memorably described as "lederhosen oompah music on bad acid" on one of the FB groups.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dan
Overbomber

Ah yes I remember it being ID'd in a previous thread. It's quite a short section that's been looped for the intro tape, because I seem to remember one of the intros goes on for over 5 minutes.

I was at a Мission gig in about 87 and among the music playing in the interval after the support had finished came on a short 5-sec portion of that music and I was like "OMG SIsters Melkweg Intro tape!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

Curiously I've never really listened to the MC5; I find it difficult to get past the vocals, all despite that I obviously recognise and love their influence on the likes of Spacemen 3.

Having that music ID'd does seem to take the charm away. When there was still the possibility that it might have been a damaged tape of dodgy trumpet music that someone randomly picked up at a truck stop bargain bin, it did seem a bit more special, you know.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:18
Having that music ID'd does seem to take the charm away. When there was still the possibility that it might have been a damaged tape of dodgy trumpet music that someone randomly picked up at a truck stop bargain bin, it did seem a bit more special, you know.
I would not see it as ID'd yet, now its about finding the real source used for the track. Anyone has a bigger creolic brass music archive?
when this intro was mentioned above it made me smile. This intro indeed also made an impact on me since hearing it the first time.
love is just a shot away
The Fat One
Road Kill

In an online Rolling Stone review which is dated September 2 1971 Lenny Kaye mentions that the song's coda is followed by a "bizarre Salvation Army instrumental at the end" which is quite fitting seeing as, in the context of the song, Sister Anne is a nun. Also the following appears among the sleeve notes on the High Time album by The MC5: "Sister Anne (A1): Appearing through the courtesy of the Ann Arbor Citadel, Salvation Army." Sorry if this is common knowledge

jost 7 wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 21:38
mh wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:18
I would not see it as ID'd yet, now its about finding the real source used for the track. Anyone has a bigger creolic brass music archive?
when this intro was mentioned above it made me smile. This intro indeed also made an impact on me since hearing it the first time.