2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Pista
Cureboi

Oh that sucks @euphoria . Hopefully you'll get to a show or two that won't require air travel in the not too distant future.
Good luck selling the tix
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks @Pista but it's not so bad, I have tickets for Antwerpen, Liege, and Wroclaw so far, so can't complain really. I trust there will be some kind soul at the London gigs uploading some quality clips :D :notworthy:
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I bought my flights.

I’m still nervous that the show will be canceled!
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Curious as to how people feel about masks etc, do you think it will just be a normal gig?
Squashed into 3000 odd sweaty pissed people singing bits of Dominion at the top of their lungs ( or in :von: case almost imperceptibly)?

Or fewer than usual hence the three nights instead of two. Has anyone been to an indoor gig recently? Been in a crowd?
Last edited by Dr. Moody on 13 Aug 2021, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dr. Moody wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 14:05 Curious as to how people feel about masks etc, do you think it will just be a normal gig?
Squashed into 3000 odd sweaty pissed people singing bits Dominion at the top of their lungs ( or in :von: case almost imperceptibly)?

Or fewer than usual hence the three nights instead of two. Has anyone been to an indoor gig recently? Been in a crowd?
No idea how it'll be on the night, but I don't really trust the majority of face-coverings to keep anything from being breathed out or in, including air, so it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather not be surrounded by people passing out from lack of oxygen, for their sakes more than mine. But it'll be how it'll be, hopefully and presumably a massive release of relief and energy for band and audience alike :D
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
czuczu
Overbomber

I was at the O2 on Wednesday night - 17k capacity, no distancing, standing crowd and not a mask in sight.

Think it would have been more stressful if there was a mask:no mask split.
Crowd had proper mosh circles and a fair amount of crowd surfing - all were massively up for it after a very long break.
Due my next 2-weekly PCR on Mon...
Dr. Moody

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

First one on shoulders in a mask 😷 wins a prize
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 16:12 First one on shoulders in a mask 😷 wins a prize
Excellent, just need some shoulders now ...

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

"are you dancin'?"
"are you askin'?"
"i'm maskin'!"
"then i'm dancin'!"
"Doo'n't marrer now....av' changed me mind...."
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i know of 2 tickets available for this night at face value. PM me if interested
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Memphis Rich wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 00:14 I
Dr. Moody wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:26 Seems the Roundhouse have moved to digital tickets only. There's an update here... if you haven't got a smartphone you need to contact them.
There's info about the bars, masks etc.. distancing.

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/digital-tickets/

have a barely functional steam driven phone, which is definitely not smart in any way. I got around this by paying an extra £2.50 to collect the tickets on the day from the Box Office. Collection is any time after 5pm, I am told. I'm not going to this one but am going on Sat./ Sun.
So, to confirm then, there will be no physical tickets at all, unless to go to the box office and collect a physical ticket?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ribbons69 wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 10:32
Memphis Rich wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 00:14 I
Dr. Moody wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:26 Seems the Roundhouse have moved to digital tickets only. There's an update here... if you haven't got a smartphone you need to contact them.
There's info about the bars, masks etc.. distancing.

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/digital-tickets/

have a barely functional steam driven phone, which is definitely not smart in any way. I got around this by paying an extra £2.50 to collect the tickets on the day from the Box Office. Collection is any time after 5pm, I am told. I'm not going to this one but am going on Sat./ Sun.
So, to confirm then, there will be no physical tickets at all, unless to go to the box office and collect a physical ticket?
Yep, and the £2.50 charge for the privilege of picking them up on the door is unavoidable too. Not much all told, but when you've already spunked 27 quid in ticket fees it's a bit of a p1sstake. Anyway, that is the way it is, you'll need to message them via their website to request and pay for collection.
Todashi

Having discussed it with the wife, we're now leaning towards making the trip after all.
Chaotican

Anyone done the research to book a day 2 covid test? Anyplace around Camden?
czuczu
Overbomber

Chaotican wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 18:57 Anyone done the research to book a day 2 covid test? Anyplace around Camden?
Was at a gig last night, someone hadn't been jabbed or done a test and they made them take an LFT before letting them in (venue had their own stash).

There are quite a few PCR places in town, loads are v expensive tho, dunno what nearest would be :/
OLDFART

Really looking forward to these gigs , got a hotel in Tufnell park for a decent price so just gonna avoid people till then .
Memphis Rich

At least the £2.50 charge for ticket collection is per order, not per ticket. I was also reminded to take some ID with me when collecting them.
hellboy69

OLDFART wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 20:42 Really looking forward to these gigs , got a hotel in Tufnell park for a decent price so just gonna avoid people till then .
I used to live in Tufnell Park - yes, best to avoid any people! :lol:
czuczu
Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 14:22
OLDFART wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 20:42 Really looking forward to these gigs , got a hotel in Tufnell park for a decent price so just gonna avoid people till then .
I resisted commenting.. At least you'll see the first night! Maybe avoid the Helldrop estate on the walk back to your lodgings ;)
OLDFART

czuczu wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 14:45
hellboy69 wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 14:22
I resisted commenting.. At least you'll see the first night! Maybe avoid the Helldrop estate on the walk back to your lodgings ;)
Stopped at this place a few times for gigs at the Dome and Boston music room and never had a problem , more on a quiet street .
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Three weeks out and closing ....
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 13:24 Three weeks out and closing ....
Seven shades of it will happen!

I've survived 2 gigs uninfected during the last week and am at a festival this weekend. Got a couple more and the cricket to survive. So far, so good tho!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 13:45
Planet Dave wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 13:24 Three weeks out and closing ....
Seven shades of it will happen!

I've survived 2 gigs uninfected during the last week and am at a festival this weekend. Got a couple more and the cricket to survive. So far, so good tho!
We'll be seeing you there Stu :von:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Memphis Rich wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 14:01 At least the £2.50 charge for ticket collection is per order, not per ticket. I was also reminded to take some ID with me when collecting them.
I've just had a raft of e-mails from Gigantic informing me that the tickets for all three nights have been posted out to me via Royal Mail. It seems that the "e tickets only " applies only if you purchased them directly from the Roundhouse. If you ordered through the pre sale on Gigantic, or from See tickets or any of their competitors and opted for paper tickets, then that is what you will get.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise