GW1 - Deadline Friday 13th August 18.30pm

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

It's HERE! The new season is here! People have been pointing out that Scottish and EPL footy has already started, but Norwich are back in the Prem and NOTHING starts until the Canaries sing - which isn't until tomorrow ;D
IGM enter the fray as Champions, which could be significant. After years of experience, it' probably not, but we'll give it a good go at retaining the title. The BatCave has been busy for the last few weeks in the Back Room, with our team managers eagerly discussing tactics, strategy, statistics and cake. The cobwebs are up and redusted, the buffet and snakebite are ready, and we're expecting you all after today's deadline for a shindig.
VAR has been tweaked this season - more benefit of the doubt for offside and handball and the stupid rule about linesmen not flagging offsides have gone. Phew. We are back to 'normal' with the number of televised games too.

Here are the fixtures for this special allcrowdsback GW1:

Friday 13 August 2021

Brentford 20:00 Arsenal Snacks ready, as this could be a popcorner. Am looking forward to seeing Brentford, and also Saka.
UK - Sky Sports

Saturday 14 August 2021

Man Utd 12:30 Leeds A big game for the first one - would have preferred to see it a few weeks from now when everyone's in the flow. Still, will be a humdinger. Sancho on?
UK - BT Sport
Burnley 15:00 Brighton I have a feeling this will be hard fought.
Chelsea 15:00 Crystal Palace Could Chelsea be humbled? Could it be the first 'Dammit, Palace!'? Will Lukaku play?
Everton 15:00 Southampton Err... Do I have any thoughts about this one?
Leicester 15:00 Wolves Another one that's a bit early in the season for me, but should be a good one. Hope Jimenez is fit and running.
Watford 15:00 Aston Villa Watford will be wanting to making a mark, but Villa have all their new signings to show off. Good luck to our old chap, Buendia.
Norwich 17:30 Liverpool EEEEEK hope it's not like last time. Van Dijk is back with a new contract, Canaries with some new signings, me behind the sofa.
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 15 August 2021

Newcastle 14:00 West Ham Newcastle have some new boys to be looking out for, the Hammers hoping to stay solid.
UK - Sky Sports
Spurs 16:30 Man City Another EEEEK. I can do without TWO tricky fixtures in the first week. Let's see what Kane does now he's out of isolation, whether Grealish is in at all now that Foden is injured, and whether it's all going to go pearshaped. Good luck to Nuno.
UK - Sky Sports

Time for a last minute tinker before 6.30, then it's galloping into the breach until every one falls over, the transfer window ends, and we all have to do a Wildcard :lol:
Good luck. Stay strong.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Yeeehah! :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 11:43 allcrowdsback GW1:
Wonderful :D

Brudenell by half 12 tomoz lunchtime for a 'keep yer Red head down and yer Red gob shut' start to the season? Maybe.

Good luck everyone. I predict 38 nil to United, 27 nil to Norwich and 36 nil to Spurs.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

The Brudenell, as a Reds fan, for that game? Steady, lad.
Good job we haven't got a predictor league, then, lol
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I might see you down there Dave.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 13:12 I might see you down there Dave.
That would be most excellent mate, be good to have a catch up, all being well I'll be in there with Charlie for half 12, keeping my head down, my red credentials tucked away and tucking into one of Pieminster's finest 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 12:31Brudenell by half 12 tomoz lunchtime for a 'keep yer Red head down and yer Red gob shut' start to the season? .
I predict a riot!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nah it'll be quiet as a mouse in there, any naive student United fans who get vocal will surely learn quick that that's a bad idea. I'll just be marvelling at being able to order from the bar again.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm going to pretend to be a Leeds fan. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

:lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Captain is out. And thus it truly begins :urff:
Pista
Cureboi

Woohoo!
Illegal live streams time.
Almost forgot how to get them for a moment
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

I'm sort of hoping Jota doesn't play this week now.
Fernandes would take the captain's points then
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Dammit Palace!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 13:51 I'm sort of hoping Jota doesn't play this week now.
Fernandes would take the captain's points then
Mate it's an inexact science, my captain was awol whilst my vice laboured the wrong end of a 5-1 hammering. That said, it was especially delightful to watch the opening staurday unfold in my local with Fiendy (did you say that hapless bloke was your FPL goalie?) and Charlie, who despite having no vested interest in outcome couldn't help but chortle aloud every time the room filled with groans moans and despair as another Fernandes strike flew in. Great to be back in The Brude, great to see you again Mark, til next time Sir, and great to pick up a quality pestle and mortar during a slightly drunk wander through Abu Bakr for £6.99. Not making Fernandes captain is properly by the by after a Saturday lunchtime like that.
Pista
Cureboi

Spuds beat FFP FC :)

Harry who?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 18:30 Spuds beat FFP FC :)

Harry who?
35 goals shy of predictions though ;D Looks like plonking 3 city players in my team was a tad ill-considered.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

its was a good afternoon's work, if you don't take FPL into account.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey Fiendy, didn't realise we were sat with FPL royalty at the Brudenell :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Planet Dave wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 16:06Great to be back in The Brude, great to see you again Mark, til next time Sir, and great to pick up a quality pestle and mortar during a slightly drunk wander through Abu Bakr for £6.99. Not making Fernandes captain is properly by the by after a Saturday lunchtime like that.
It was indeed fantastic to catch up again. I ended up having to take a nap on Saturday afternoon. I'm not used to lunchtime drinking any more. What a lightweight! :lol:

No idea how I managed to end up top after week one. I can't see it lasting :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Well, that was fun, wasn't it? Battling spirit, crowds singing their hearts out, players getting stuck in. How you want it to be.
Brentford's emotional return caused a good few tears for their fans, the neutrals and the away fans as they worked their socks off to give their season a brilliant start. They deserved their promotion and good luck to them - I have friends who are Bees fans and they're not recovered from the Playoffs, never mind last Friday. Canos used to play for Norwich (a bit), and the goalie Raya looked impressive. Not quite as impressive as Fernandes, though, who with Pogba sank Leeds pretty much on their own. Fernandes was triple captained by someone - an early leap of faith! Brighton chose not to miss Ben White too much away at Burnley. Over in That London, an anguised cry of 'Dammit Palace' was heard from afar - Lukaku hasn't even arrived on the pitch yet but the attention was on Chalobah instead. On Merseyside, the usual Toffee suspects did all the scoring and bonus point taking as well as the yeallow cards - clean sweep! but Pickford still had to save a couple of times. Vardy sliced open the Wolves in the localish Derby but got nowhere near the bonuses - Schmeichel took some of those so it was hard fought. Villa lost despite their big signing Ings getting going, but will they miss Grealish as much as they thought? Watford were the happier though, on their return. Not so my Canaries, but they didn't let 4 in like last time... *sigh*. Having them and Man City for the first two games is a bit rubbish. Good to see van Dijk back. Sunday had a couple of thrillers, with goals flying in at Newcastle despite their early Saint-Maximin leader (I think he's great). Hammers did hammering, Antonio was a star bonuser even if he did miss a penalty, and Toon need to regroup and fast. Already. Last of the week was Nuno's first Prem game at Spurs, without a Kane he said was not match fit. Still managed to subdue City who have lost the last few games 1-0. 4 save from Lloris got him all the bonuses, Son scored, and City tried hard but didn't. Grealish - not changed a bit. It was a bit handbaggy in places which of course I cannot condone but I did laugh. Silly boys.
Onto the actual real important results - IGM take the week in both leagues
Classic

With the Yellow Jersey, Crown and Big Shout Out all bestowed on Kirkstall St Pauli (Our Mark) who is currently lying down wondering what happened. 108 points happened! Excellent play in a high scoring week for most.

Lukaku is now available, Kane isn't playing tonight in the Europe cup and saucer, Abrahams is gone and there's a hint of a new Spurs someone. Keep checking the transfer market, anything could happen.

Lastly, please send your thoughts to Denis Law and his family as thy deal with a diagnosis of dementia.

Off to The Shed with you - deadline is Saturday morning! Have you noticed the FPL app/site is quicker?

We need our own chant in here. Or - courtesy of Pista - summat like this? ;D
Pista
Cureboi

Well played Fiendy. :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity