About time a record shop started to play some decent tunes..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Well I remember the joy that Record Shops used to be BeeP, but I don't go there now, though I hear their song..... ;)
Welcome back gorgeous, you look fantastic tonight!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

I heard NMA - Over The Wire on National radio here yesterday evening when we went to the video shop! It's amazing what a tour can do for a band.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:I heard NMA - Over The Wire on National radio here yesterday evening when we went to the video shop! It's amazing what a tour can do for a band.
do you get many "good" bands play SA? many from the UK or US?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Occasionally they come here, but not very often. :(

I could probably count the number of really good international acts I've seen without having to take of my shoes. Things are looking up though and a few agents are starting to bring undeground acts here.
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

just back on topic, a few days ago i walked into my regular record shop to the 'best of V.U' playing...

very nice 8)
hallucienate
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:Occasionally they come here, but not very often. :(

I could probably count the number of really good international acts I've seen without having to take of my shoes. Things are looking up though and a few agents are starting to bring undeground acts here.
:urff: I take it all back, all is forgiven of South Africa music promotors :urff: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 7&set_id=1 :urff: :urff: :evil:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Don't like record shops? Buy it all off the internet? Not for me I'm afraid. Hate having to wait for things to arrive through the post. And there's nothing like browsing the sales at HMV and Virgin to find several good excuses to spend more money you haven't got.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

I like both.

For something new that I know I want then online is the best way but I still like to browse around the shops as well. For all that, CDs will never be as satisfying as vinyl. Just doesn't smell right.

And you kids with your downloads..well I guess I will have to catch up with you sometime, but I like something to hold.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

mayhem wrote:And you kids with your downloads..
KIDS?! :eek: Erm...not exactly... :wink: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

mayhem wrote:For all that, CDs will never be as satisfying as vinyl. Just doesn't smell right.

And you kids with your downloads..well I guess I will have to catch up with you sometime, but I like something to hold.
Bring your half of mild and come and join us over here in the corner playing dominoes.
Go to sleep now, Francis.