Happy Birthday Planet Dave

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! XXXX :D :D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

We've no cake but there's an egg custard in the fridge, we can stick a candle in that! :lol: :lol: :kiss:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

OKIDOKS BRO: youve got a decent bird at last so thats sex covered -heres the other 2 essentials.

happy birthday FFS... :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Aura best la
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have a great day :D 8)
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Pista
Cureboi

Kept that quiet ya sneaky barstool!
Have a top cake day Dave :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Debaser
Overbomber

How special are you to get a greeting on the actual day?

Appi bufuffdi :kiss: :kiss:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Happy birthday! :D
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Happy Birthday Dave! See you at the next UK Sisters date. :D
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Awwww thanks folks :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: we went to Howl Bar in town to celebrate on Friday, amazed to discover it actually is a rock bar, rock as in nosebleed thrash metal. Noisy but decent! :notworthy:

Steve, less sneaked in and more never got round to refilling in details when the new HL layout thingy occurred ;D

Darling Charlie, oopsie the egg custard got too scoffed too quick to be worriting about candles :lol: :kiss: we'll try harder on Tuesday :kiss:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
iesus
Overbomber

Happy B-Day :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Well done, lad!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh, rather late I am ... however, congrats and all the best wishes of course to you ... :D :D :D ...
Big Si
School Bully

Happy belated Birthday to a fellow Ornithologist :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
OLDFART

Happy birthday !
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thanks folks :D :notworthy:

Si - there was a fooking ginormous bird of prey doing it's distant circling overland manouevres above us the other day - dunno what it was but it was very very high up and very visible so clearly huuuge. Love that s**t! ;D last night the local wildlife was scattered by a motorbike being burned out on Burley Village Green :evil:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: late birthday wishes sorry about that pal.

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
SmileySister

Belated Happy Birthday PD. It sounds like you had a good one :)
Big Si
School Bully

Planet Dave wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 13:53 Thanks folks :D :notworthy:

Si - there was a fooking ginormous bird of prey doing it's distant circling overland manouevres above us the other day - dunno what it was but it was very very high up and very visible so clearly huuuge. Love that s**t! ;D last night the local wildlife was scattered by a motorbike being burned out on Burley Village Green :evil:

There's often a Sparrowhawk sneaking through the Trees in my part of the Park, so my Flock are always on a constant lookout but the local Pigeons are usually the first to give warning. Otherwise they usually have their heads cocked looking up towards the University Clock Tower (there's a Pair of Peregrines that made it their home many years since)....
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
SmileySister

Big Si wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 23:23
Planet Dave wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 13:53 Thanks folks :D :notworthy:

There's often a Sparrowhawk sneaking through the Trees in my part of the Park, so my Flock are always on a constant lookout but the local Pigeons are usually the first to give warning. Otherwise they usually have their heads cocked looking up towards the University Clock Tower (there's a Pair of Peregrines that made it their home many years since)....
Sorry to hijack the post but talking of things that fly, I've had a huge owl visit my garden lately. A Sparrow hawk often visits in the day but the owl in the evenings is a sight to behold.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Funnily enough our university clock tower has a pair of peregrines nesting up there too. And they're on webcam!

https://sustainability.leeds.ac.uk/our- ... eregrines/ (although there was a pigeon in the peregrine nest when I looked :lol: )
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

A most excellent hijack, indeed more of an evolution, no worries Laura ;D owls are magnificent :D :notworthy:

Charlie reckons she's seen what may have been a peregrine falcon around, maybe one of the Uni dudes then, only up the road innit :D I saw something earlier in the year flying overthe trees that had a inwardly curved tail arc and maybe kinda zigzagy / layered patterns underneath its vast wingspan, closest I could find was maybe a buzzard, prolly too small for a red kite but they are abroad, or the cover of the Love album by The Cult :lol: :eek: the blue and coal tits that come to feed always have their heads on swivels but usually it's the magpies that're around and about causing that. We got a brief sight (and sound) of a woodpecker the other day too, which was awesome. And with that memory Charlie is off to dig out her Young Ornithologist badge :lol: :kiss:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 10:23 And with that memory Charlie is off to dig out her Young Ornithologist badge :lol: :kiss:
Yep found it, still have it! After all these years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwww brings back memories of going to Leighton Moss bird reserve with my dad as a little kid! :D
Not sure i'd qualify as a 'young' ornithologist anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... lovely.