Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:bat:

Got notice now that it has been dispatched and that they are sending it via NL/BE ... while ...

when did I confirm their request about the tax stuff? Maybe I did without being aware of it.... fully excited ... ;D :lol: . :lol: ...

Gotta hope for the best now ... perhaps that will even circumvent at least some of the cost ... :D ...

though AFAIR, for some reason unknown to me postage from Belgium to Germany used to be

particularly high more often than not ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... oh hell ... :lol: ... I better stop thinking about it ...

get it, pay if necessary, forget about the money immediately ... *sigh ... and - eventually - enjoy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Yessss! time to justifiably allow myself to get excited!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mine should be here tomorrow :D
iesus
Overbomber

Mine passes its time alone among other parcels in Derby :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Gothicbiff

OLDFART wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 09:20 Mine should be here tomorrow :D
Mine too :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Mine's in Leeds
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Wiki Wizard

So we should soon get notice about the ebook, I guess ... ;D ...
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Oh man....any idea how long till it reaches outside the UK? I've not gotten the "dispatched" mail yet...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
czuczu
Overbomber

Electrochrome wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 12:48 Oh man....any idea how long till it reaches outside the UK? I've not gotten the "dispatched" mail yet...
It'll be quicker than an album! ;)
Icon

Being645 wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 00:18 :bat:

Got notice now that it has been dispatched and that they are sending it via NL/BE ... while ...

when did I confirm their request about the tax stuff? Maybe I did without being aware of it.... fully excited ... ;D :lol: . :lol: ...

Gotta hope for the best now ... perhaps that will even circumvent at least some of the cost ... :D ...

though AFAIR, for some reason unknown to me postage from Belgium to Germany used to be

particularly high more often than not ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... oh hell ... :lol: ... I better stop thinking about it ...

get it, pay if necessary, forget about the money immediately ... *sigh ... and - eventually - enjoy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
I recently ordered a t-Shirt from the official shop. It was also posted via the Netherlands and I didn’t have to pay any taxes.
So I hope it’s the same way with the book. :)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Icon wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 15:48 I recently ordered a t-Shirt from the official shop. It was also posted via the Netherlands and I didn’t have to pay any taxes.
So I hope it’s the same way with the book. :)
That is good to know ! Thank you for the info ... :) ...
Under these circumstances, I might be tempted to order one of those lovely zip hoodies ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Has arrived physically at chez moi, but no news of the e-book part of the package. The book itself is not actually signed either, the signature is separate. The book itself appears very professional.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Big Si
School Bully

Received my Parcel and it was shoddily and flimsily packaged, one end was wide open and damage has been done to the Dust Cover of one of the Books (sorry Lee :( ). Email of Complaint sent to Unbound as my experience of them previously was always superb and of very high standards :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IT'S HERE!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

Swinnow wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 11:22 Has arrived physically at chez moi, but no news of the e-book part of the package. The book itself is not actually signed either, the signature is separate. The book itself appears very professional.
That's one of their 'Pandemic' measures :( . Many Authors have been asked to sign (or even Digitally Sign) a 'slip' that's inserted into each Pledgers Book. Jason Salkey ('Rifleman Harris' of "Sharpe" fame) said 'bollocks' to that and insisted Unbound send him all 200 Pledge Copies and he personally signed and dedicated them to each Pledger before shipping them back to Unbound for Despatch 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
czuczu
Overbomber

I didn't get a signed one this time but getting a signed bookplate not a signed book always pisses me off if it's not clear in advance..
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 11:51 IT'S HERE!
Cann't see the image mark here in forum :?
But i can see it in http://markfiend.com/images/PMNIBAG.jpg if i copy paste the address :roll:
Perhaps it has to do something about the http and https in forum posts.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Can see the pic here Mark, no probs. Clear enough to see the small 't' :wink: although I can look at Charlie's too now, might even read it at some point ;D
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Gothicbiff

Mine has arrived :D
Some great photos I haven't seen before :von:

I signed up for the White Rose Babylon package, no info yet on the extra pdf or playlist.
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 12:19 Perhaps it has to do something about the http and https in forum posts.
It will be that, yes.
Planet Dave wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 12:28 Clear enough to see the small 't' :wink:
:eek: Oh yeah!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Electrochrome

Big Si wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 11:56
Swinnow wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 11:22 Has arrived physically at chez moi, but no news of the e-book part of the package. The book itself is not actually signed either, the signature is separate. The book itself appears very professional.
That's one of their 'Pandemic' measures :( . Many Authors have been asked to sign (or even Digitally Sign) a 'slip' that's inserted into each Pledgers Book. Jason Salkey ('Rifleman Harris' of "Sharpe" fame) said 'bollocks' to that and insisted Unbound send him all 200 Pledge Copies and he personally signed and dedicated them to each Pledger before shipping them back to Unbound for Despatch 8)
Wow, hadn't heard of that. Even after all of this time, is someone thinking a signature in a book that is mailed out is going to spread COVID?! The point is to sign the book itself, that's a shame they didn't make that part clear.

End of bitching. Happy it's out there, can't wait to receive it!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
czuczu
Overbomber

Arrived safely!
Enjoying some familiar heroes (and villains!) in the Superfans list :)
sultan2075
Overbomber

Haven't even gotten my shipping notification yet, though they did ask me to confirm the address. Here's hoping to see it soon, and in one piece (USPS here in DC is shockingly unreliable, to the point where I won't send anything remotely important through them. And even if it does show up unscathed, there's a good chance it'll get stolen before I get to it).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
OLDFART

Mine arrived and it looks great , had a brief look through the photo's and Eldritch in the local shop is very funny !
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

My copy arrived this morning, so I gave myself some time off today to get throughly stuck into this beauty.

After getting more excited than a 50-year-old man reasonably should at seeing my name in the back of the book, I started actually reading. And it's a gripping read - I can't put it down. Congrats on getting this beast produced Mark - your hard work has come to fruition and it's a very, very good thing.