Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
iesus
Overbomber

Mine is taking the way south. At this time having pretzel and beer break in KOELN, NW :lol: ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

The signature ... I live in Belgium. I would have needed to sign them in a warehouse in Basildon, Essex in the UK. At the time this option was mooted, I would have needed to quarantine for days in the UK and on return to Belgium. So it was not physically possible to make that trip: family, day job etc. As for sending 700+ books from the UK into the EU and back: I shudder to think of the post-Brexit VAT and customs duties slapped on that! I've just had one non-Sisters book sent to me: €21.70 in charges for BPost to deliver it. So a book plate it is.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 17:51 Mine is taking the way south. At this time having pretzel and beer break in KOELN, NW :lol: ;D :bat:
Lovely, so mine should already be here for that's where I life.

Instead all tracking says: Sorry, your parcel cannot be found ... Image Image Image ...
iesus
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 22:24
iesus wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 17:51 Mine is taking the way south. At this time having pretzel and beer break in KOELN, NW :lol: ;D :bat:
Lovely, so mine should already be here for that's where I life.

Instead all tracking says: Sorry, your parcel cannot be found ... Image Image Image ...
I remembered that and that's why i posted the koeln position when i saw it on tracking ;D :bat:
Seems fedex have a big station there. :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

MAndrews wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 21:53 The signature ... I live in Belgium. I would have needed to sign them in a warehouse in Basildon, Essex in the UK. At the time this option was mooted, I would have needed to quarantine for days in the UK and on return to Belgium. So it was not physically possible to make that trip: family, day job etc. As for sending 700+ books from the UK into the EU and back: I shudder to think of the post-Brexit VAT and customs duties slapped on that! I've just had one non-Sisters book sent to me: €21.70 in charges for BPost to deliver it. So a book plate it is.
That makes a lot of sense, Mark. I know booklovers like me care about these details, but that’s a hell of a lot of hoops to jump through.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
czuczu
Overbomber

I'm only a few chapters in but am enjoying the pace and structure - it's rattling along very nicely :)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

It reached Derry. Very groovy so far! 😊
The Chancer Corporation
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

MAndrews wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 21:53 The signature ... I live in Belgium. I would have needed to sign them in a warehouse in Basildon, Essex in the UK. At the time this option was mooted, I would have needed to quarantine for days in the UK and on return to Belgium. So it was not physically possible to make that trip: family, day job etc. As for sending 700+ books from the UK into the EU and back: I shudder to think of the post-Brexit VAT and customs duties slapped on that! I've just had one non-Sisters book sent to me: €21.70 in charges for BPost to deliver it. So a book plate it is.
Ah, fair enough then. Even without COVID that wound be a serious chore. We'll take the book!

Speaking of which, just got the notice that mine is being mailed out! Early X-Mas!

THANK YOU MARK!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
sultan2075
Overbomber

My copy was last tracked in the Channel Islands which seems... odd, somehow.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Nonesuch
Road Kill

Received my copy and really, really loving it so far.

Just about to read another chapter with a nice cup of tea and a fruit shortcake biscuit (spoiler alert).
Swinnow
Overbomber

A sensible approach given current circumstances and logistics, but the kneejerk gnashing of teeth could have been avoided by prior notice, especially seeing all the previous updates and teasers. A minor quibble, but now work is done I can get stuck into what seems a magnificent work.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
ROBBIE

So my tracking said ‘delivery between 9.00 and 13.00 Thursday 4th’ Luckily I was home yesterday. Nowt, nothing, nada. I stepped out for thirty minutes this morning and yep you guessed I had a note through the letter box. ‘Sorry we missed you etc.’ Bastards must have waited then slipped round the corner. 😤🤬 Guess I’ll be collecting mine tomorrow morning from the local depot.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
abraxas
Road Kill

Mine arrived today despite me asking for royal mail to deliver on Monday when I would be in. Left with the neighbour who seemed rather reticent to hand it over.

Now to wait for the extras
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

abraxas wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 19:40 Mine arrived today
Still no trace of mine. PostNL track & trace gives the same message since Tuesday November 2nd:
Parcel not yet received or processed by PostNL :(
Scipio Humbersidus
Road Kill

I would like to compliment Mark Andrews on producing an excellent book, both in content and presentation (and fully understand the Brexit and Covid fuelled issue re signed copies).

As a former Heartlander and then long-term lurker, but someone who while too old was too young to experience those times, Paint My Name brought to life a period and the characters who played their part massively (on stage and off).

Thank you, Mr Andrews.

Kind regards
Mark
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I read about half the book yesterday. Some full-on laugh-out-loud moments. But I won't spoil it for anyone ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
OriginalGS
Road Kill

Four or five chapters in and already nodding and smiling at the re-telling of tales GM passed on years ago; Craig’s first rehearsal, easing Ben into the band, Andy’s legendary crossword-cracking prowess.

Great stuff so far.
“You’ve come from Wakefield?! To see us?!”
Kutan

You lucky few.
I haven't even received a confirmation that it has been sent yet, although I promptly agreed to whatever customs may charge me and asked for immediate delivery...
culpritnextgen
Road Kill

received yesterday, a few chapters in and impressed with quality of hardcover and type - as well as the content!
good work sir!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

mine arrigved so f**king quickly i think it had been at my meds first- thank you Brother Si!. :kiss: :bat:

and its almost been impossible not to stop everything i'm doing to devour it, but if i DONT get me chores done i will be 'omeless. and much as you all adore my good self (& not without good reasons) NONE of you want me turning up on your doorstep with a spotty 'ankie on a stick I KNOW.... :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Arrived less than an hour ago :D
That was fast enough for me from the time it was send ;D
Last tales of packages delayed or lost around my city made me worry, but not anymore. All went good ;D :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Electrochrome

I got the Unbound mail with the Jersey Post tracking # on 4-Nov but there's been no update since it was "despatched" from Jersey. I trust it's on its way, and yes, I learned a new American vs British spelling ("dispatched" vs "despatched").
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
GC
Slight Overbomber

Its on its way to me in NL..... (just paid €8, 26 customs charges).... so expect it in a couple of days. Yippee

(It seems to have hung around the Jersey for 7 days......)
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm taking one for the team and holding out until Unbound sort out their EU doo-dahs. It's bloody difficult seeing the reports come through from people though.
Last edited by mh on 09 Nov 2021, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Electrochrome wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 13:59 I got the Unbound mail with the Jersey Post tracking # on 4-Nov but there's been no update since it was "despatched" from Jersey. I trust it's on its way, and yes, I learned a new American vs British spelling ("dispatched" vs "despatched").
2 nations seperated by a common tongue. :roll: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: