The Long Good Friday

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

DVD.£9.99 @ Borders. You'll get the picture.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Big Si
School Bully

Or you could try "The Football Factory" bootleg dvd roughcut (without title sequence/credits) for a fiver off a mate who got it off a workmate who's a Rangers "ICF" :eek:

It's a lot like the book but even better! 8) :notworthy:

http://www.britfilms.com/britishfilms/c ... MjO3EA02DD

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

Black Horizon wrote:Now I wouldn't mind seeing that, It reminds me of I.D.
:notworthy:

It's even better! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"scum" is most superb :notworthy:

"id" was cool but i just couldn't take that lead actor seriously after he'd been in that "home to roost" sitcom with john thaw :roll:

"nil by mouth" is also pretty "gritty" :urff: :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

The phrase "they've blown up me boozer" is very close to my heart... but for real life reasons.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mayhem wrote:The phrase "they've blown up me boozer" is very close to my heart... but for real life reasons.
:eek: Please do tell. (If you want to)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

For football violence it's always the director Alan Clarke's 'The Firm' (1989) for me.
Starring: Gary Oldman, Lesley Manville, Phil Davis

Directed by: Alan Clarke

Gary Oldman is Bex Bissel, a respectable estate agent who loves his wife, loves his son and loves his violence. Bex is the leader of a gang of football supporters known as the Inter-City Crew - his firm. He plans to unite rival firms and lead them all to the European Championship in Germany, a chance to take on the locals. But that's a position he's going to have to fight for.

With its graphic scenes of running battles with knives, sledgehammers and baseball bats, The Firm caused huge controversy and there were demands for it to be banned. As The Sun reported, "it is the most powerful and disturbing drama since Scum ".

Check it out film fans/hooligans :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Brilliant choices chaps! 8) All amongst my sprawling film collection.
I love all these and I'm a girl, all the posts are by chaps, should I be worried? :eek:
Perhaps some one will psychoanalize as me as the only lass (so far) posting in this thread!
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Never seen Romper Stomper, but I did enjoy American History X and Scum, and I still think "where's yer fu*king tool?" is an ace line!!
Only a paand.
christophe
Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:Image

And possibly the greatest movie of all time which is also very Gritty, A Clockwork Orange.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
superb movie.
Another Shade of You.
christophe
Overbomber

Can you guys help me out? Pleas!!!! :|
I once saw this movie. It was about gangs who where about to unite under one leader but this dude gets murdered. They all blame this one gang but they haven’t did it.
…
That’s all I can remember.
:?:
Another Shade of You.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Erm......Neighbours??
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

christophe wrote:Can you guys help me out?
Sounds like this one christophe

THE WARRIORS
Heavily stylised, beautifully choreographed thriller set in the lurking shadows of late 70s New York. As kitsch as a Kiss t-shirt

"Warriors, come out and pla-i-ay." Walter Hill's movie opens with a gathering of New York's gangs as one of their leaders appeals for a united front against the police. But then he's shot and in the ensuing carnage The Warriors are framed for the deed. The rest of the film follows the young tribe as they try to make it back to the safety of their Coney Island turf, chased through the city by police and gangbangers alike.

Cheap, disastrously acted and badly dated it may be (the wu-tang clan would have these kids for breakfast), it's nevertheless edgier than a Stanley knife and buzzes with adrenaline. Shot in the rat-run of real New York locations, and populated by super-stylised comic-book street soldiers, the film certainly looks good and it's all fascinatingly retro. Superbly choreographed fight scenes add to the blood-spattered, white-knuckled thrills.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

thanks Red Sunsets.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Another Shade of You.
Debaser
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:
christophe wrote:Can you guys help me out?
Sounds like this one christophe

THE WARRIORS
Heavily stylised, beautifully choreographed thriller set in the lurking shadows of late 70s New York. As kitsch as a Kiss t-shirt

"Warriors, come out and pla-i-ay." Walter Hill's movie opens with a gathering of New York's gangs as one of their leaders appeals for a united front against the police. But then he's shot and in the ensuing carnage The Warriors are framed for the deed. The rest of the film follows the young tribe as they try to make it back to the safety of their Coney Island turf, chased through the city by police and gangbangers alike.

Cheap, disastrously acted and badly dated it may be (the wu-tang clan would have these kids for breakfast), it's nevertheless edgier than a Stanley knife and buzzes with adrenaline. Shot in the rat-run of real New York locations, and populated by super-stylised comic-book street soldiers, the film certainly looks good and it's all fascinatingly retro. Superbly choreographed fight scenes add to the blood-spattered, white-knuckled thrills.
Sylvester Stallone in a classy film...OH MY LIFE!! :roll:

erm...it is THAT one isn't it?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Eeer, i don't think so hon :wink:

Warriors RULED!

Gangbangers? I missed that bit :?

RIFFS!!!!?.....YEAH RIGHT!! 8) :notworthy:
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
James Blast
Banned

Debaser wrote:Sylvester Stallone in a classy film...OH MY LIFE!! :roll:

erm...it is THAT one isn't it?
No, Ness, that is pure fantasy :|
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

OMG, I LOVE "The Warriors" - one of my fave films ever! W00t!!! ;D :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Well... for a plank of wood, he didn't ruin...
But normally he does :P
Great supporting cast, I guess.
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

LOL!!! Poor Debs... :wink: :kiss:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Black Horizon wrote:Image

Not to forget a couple of excellent '' Nazi Skinhead'' movies, American History X and Romper Stomper. Now they are classics.
Both excellent films, but just to air a personal bugbear, remember that that not all us skins are twats. As a shaven headed reggae boy and proud wearer of my S.H.A.R.P. (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice) patch, I'd really like someone to make a film about lefty skins so people don't look at me funny on buses anymore. Probably be a really boring film though ;D
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

AAAAAaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless, he thinks he's got friends.
Only a paand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I've got no hair and I ain't no hater man.

"There's a rising tide in the rivers of blood
But if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence"
Now, who said that?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Black Horizon wrote:
Steve303 wrote:I've got no hair and I ain't no hater man.
Well it's pretty obvious you're not a hater when you have a Black Kid in your avatar.
He could be the object of my hate for all you know, idiot. (Only joking by the way - don't take it literally. Ho ho ho)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.