COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they're only 8 or 9, poor kids.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
iesus
Overbomber

Poor kids :(
WIsh 'em well all of them and have the chance to pass it easy :(
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

thank you! kinda waiting for my turn
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Swinnow
Overbomber

I now know of more people getting the lurgy across England and Wales than I'd heard of at any previous point, though locally we've been lucky so far this year. My thoughts with all affected including a few HL buddies.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 19:50 I now know of more people getting the lurgy across England and Wales than I'd heard of at any previous point, though locally we've been lucky so far this year. My thoughts with all affected including a few HL buddies.
More people are dying now, nationally, than when we first went into lockdown. But after the Tories' "partygate" nobody will listen if they try... well, any public health intervention at all. We are so screwed as a country.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 09:31 More people are dying now, nationally, than when we first went into lockdown. But after the Tories' "partygate" nobody will listen if they try... well, any public health intervention at all. We are so screwed as a country.
Is the truth, our PM has turned lying into a national trait and the UK into an interrnational laughing stock.

My sister-in-law tested positive this morning too :-(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 15:46 Is the truth, our PM has turned lying into a national trait and the UK into an interrnational laughing stock.
To be fair, he'd already accomplished this wondrous feat before the pandemic.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 15:54
Swinnow wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 15:46 Is the truth, our PM has turned lying into a national trait and the UK into an interrnational laughing stock.
To be fair, he'd already accomplished this wondrous feat before the pandemic.
to be even fairer lying is a skill necessary for a successful career in politics and its a searing endictment of johnsons utter unsuitabililty for his position that he is a terribl;e liar,. if this country wasnt an international laghing stock before his election that very act would have sealed it.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnson isn't a liar, he's a bulls#itter.

A liar actually cares about the truth, and wants to conceal it. A bulls#itter just says whatever is convenient to him to say at the time, completely careless of the truth.
—Bertrand Russell
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Hello Covid..?.
My eye sockets are hurting and feel like I’m out of my body:(. Happy I have all the shots otherwise could have been a lot worse I’m sure
Being645
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:01 Hello Covid..?.
My eye sockets are hurting and feel like I’m out of my body:(. Happy I have all the shots otherwise could have been a lot worse I’m sure
Damned! Has the zombie virus caught you ... best wishes for a soon and full recovery and some virtual hugs from here ... :kiss: :) ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 22:32
sziamiau wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:01 Hello Covid..?.
Damned! Has the zombie virus caught you ... best wishes for a soon and full recovery and some virtual hugs from here ... :kiss: :) ...
yes tested positive on the PCR as well. thanks for the hugs!
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hope you feel better soon
Swinnow
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 10:57 Johnson isn't a liar, he's a bulls#itter.

A liar actually cares about the truth, and wants to conceal it. A bulls#itter just says whatever is convenient to him to say at the time, completely careless of the truth.
Fully agree Mr F, Johnson is the worst kind of human and, bearing in mind his position, our national embarrassment. A veritable poundshop Trump.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

And yet people still vote for him and his spivs.
—Bertrand Russell
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 10:57 Johnson isn't a liar, he's a bulls#itter.

The worst thing is people seem to believe he's some kind of outlier like the only PM that's ever lied...
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm sorry but I get frustrated with the "Oh they're all as bad" rhetoric because it's simply not true.

He is an outlier. He is far worse than any holder of the office before him.

He was sacked by The Times for lying. He was sacked by Michael Howard for lying. The whole partygate thing. I could go on for hours here, but instead I will simply reiterate: the man doesn't even know what the word "truth" means.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Fully behind Mr F here. The UK general election cannot come quick enough.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 14:38 Fully behind Mr F here. The UK general election cannot come quick enough.
And when it comes the Great British Public will doff their caps and tug their forelocks, yezzur'ing all the way to the polls to once again elect a cabal of privileged, disconnected, feather-bedding cnuts. This will happen because Labour has reverted to its previous, pre-Blair, approach, of refusing to clearly show what they will deliver, only that "we're not them". This is what cost Hillary Clinton the election - everyone knew that Trump was an arsehole, but an arsehole you know about is preferable to one you don't.

Also factor in this bizarre habit of ours of assuming that if someone went to a posh school and speaks with the right accent, they must be intelligent. Apparently the ability to quote Kipling in Latin is more important than any other quality - I don't get it, but it's the only logical explanation for successive Tory administrations.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

All Starmer has to put on Labour leaflets is "More than 40% of his own MPs don't even support him".

I think working class deference works on the lines of "the Tories have money so they must be good at it".
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

crikey we are still in the covid thread right and not how s**t the UK government is?

well we are in that stage where there are more infected people with covid than last week or the week before. waiting for the axe to drop yet again but personally i don't think there will be full lock downs again because quite frankly the world economy cannot afford it.
basically it will be regarded as the flu except for China cause they do whatever they want to.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 23:34 crikey we are still in the covid thread right and not how s**t the UK government is?
Heh. Well the two things are related. Boris Johnson's woeful handling of the pandemic has probably cause tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 12:06 Oh joy. :?
Read this a couple of hours ago :roll:
dreizinreport wrote: The plague

(*****Please note, comments regarding this topic MUST roughly adhere to my idiotic spellings of key terms, or they will NOT be approved.*****)

As mentioned before, I think there will be a pann-dde-mmykk of the vakk-syn-ay-tted. I think it can start at any time between now and roughly 9-10 months from now. (If it happens before the U.S. midterm ellekk-shun, the Republicans will probably be eating sh*t again.)

Don’t believe me? Then, take it from Sleepy Joe Brandon. The below text is from Fox News. The way I interpret it, this is what Sleepy Joe’s people are saying behind the scenes…..

…..and he hears and accidentally repeats it, blurting it out like a three year-old, because… that’s what he does, it’s not the first time. The guy is like an infant.
the link for the "below text is from Fox News"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/second-pa ... e-go-again

:urff: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 13:30 the link for the "below text is from Fox News"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/second-pa ... e-go-again

:urff: :bat: :bat:
Fox news is bollocks though and everything they say needs to be taken with about three quarters of a ton of salt. Biden is obviously referring to another wave and misspoke. Fox takes that and constructs a huge edifice of rampant speculation.

The right wing in the US wants to take a long hard look at itself when their own behaviour is largely to blame for the deaths there. This pandemic has been immeasurably worsened by governments like Trump's and Johnson's "let-'er-rip" approach. We needed more lockdowns and more vaccinations, not less/fewer. But of course the phrases "right wing" and "measured introspection" are not noted for belonging together.
—Bertrand Russell