GW37 - Deadline Sunday 15th 10.30AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Squeaking in to do the welcome. FA Cup Final on Saturday afternoon, so games start at 12 noon on Sunday. DW for Leicester, Everton, Palace, Villa and Everton.

Sunday 15 May 2022

Spurs 12:00 Burnley Of course we need to win. Will we Spurs it?
UK - BT Sport
Aston Villa 14:00 Crystal Palace Less pressure, so it should be quite good
Leeds 14:00 Brighton Leeds in a spot of bother, missing suspended players and not having a ball.
Watford 14:00 Leicester Vardy's not doing badly, so Mrs Vardy's predicament not playing on his mind
West Ham 14:00 Man City Come on the Hammers! Then we can have a last day cliffhanger!
UK - Sky Sports
Wolves 14:00 Norwich Pfft
Everton 16:30 Brentford This one is going to be the one to keep an eye on
UK - Sky Sports

Monday 16 May 2022

Newcastle 20:00 Arsenal Up the Toon! Spurs have places to climb!
UK - Sky Sports

Tuesday 17 May 2022

Southampton 19:45 Liverpool K. City have played, so the task is before Liverpool. Unless Southampton have something to say.
UK - Sky Sports

Thursday 19 May 2022

Everton 19:45 Crystal Palace Heck, these two again. Will it be a decider for Everton?
Aston Villa 20:00 Burnley A few weeks ago, this would have been an expected win for Villa.
Chelsea 20:00 Leicester Leicester go again. What mood will Chelsea be in?

Bring it on then!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

I'm really hoping Lampstand takes a humping in both games.
I have an intense dislike for the bloke & his mob of time-wasting, gravitationally challenged divers.
There. I've said it. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Vieira starts Guéhi who looked quite hurt last game.
Not sure that's a good move. Especially as I moved him to my bench this week
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 15 May 2022, 07:55 I'm really hoping Lampstand takes a humping in both games.
I have an intense dislike for the bloke & his mob of time-wasting, gravitationally challenged divers.
Agree with this entirely
Pista
Cureboi

Arsenal appear to have horsed it up.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 15 May 2022, 07:55 I'm really hoping Lampstand takes a humping in both games.
That went well
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Hello! This is my last round up of the season, so wanted to squidge it in before the 4 pm final KO. It's all to play for in that so edge of your seat time!

Spurs 1-0 Burnley Well, it didn't turn into a Burnley rout but Kane got us the points we needed. Burnley were stil in trouble at this point.
Aston Villa 1-1 Crystal Palace Watkins and a rare one for Schlupp in the first game for each in the GW.
Leeds 1-1 Brighton This helped Leeds a little bit, but not enough for the pressure to lift for the last game.
Watford 1-5 Leicester Watford weren't going to win against a Vardy up to release some of the off-pitch in-court stress. Ably abetted by Barnes and Maddison.
West Ham 2-2 Man City We do indeed have a last day cliffhanger. Didn't think this would happen, but when Mahrez missed that penalty, it was on the cards.
Wolves 1-1 Norwich Well, we had a Pukki goal...
Everton 2-3 Brentford Ooer. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin did what they were supposed to do, and the own goal lost it for the Toffees. The next one was set up for relegation.
Newcastle 2-0 Arsenal Arsenal did it to themselves with yet another OG in this GW. Toon not only have saved themselves this season but had a say in some of the important events elsewhere.
Southampton 1-2 Liverpool It nearly went a bit wrong with Redmond's goal, but it didn't last long even without Salah and Van Dijk. Game on...
Everton 3-2 Crystal Palace It was a decider! Everton ended up safe, but there was a lot of drama, saves, goals and home fan celebration. Steve was not impressed.
Aston Villa 1-1 Burnley Buendia gave away the penalty then scored the equaliser. It didn't help Burnley totally, but Leeds still in the worse position.
Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Chelsea off the boil again, following that Cup Final. Maddison again important, Alonso got the one for Chelsea. Six saves for Schmeichel!

Set of results designed to set up today's big stage. Pitch invasions the big story of the week in more than one league - Everton's before the final whistle is something that will run and run. Leeds and Burnley have also pitched in with complaints about Everton's financial arrangements. Watch this space!

The Classic table - looks like the positions are all set. No massive surprises on the last day for us!

The Yellow Jersey stays with Dead Men Walking

The Big Shout Out this week goes to Team WMS with 135, which is not to be sneezed at.

Over on the H2h, the table looks much the same:

And the Crown is still clashing with a merry twinkle with Dead Men Walking's yellow top.

That's almost the last from the BatCave this season - thanks to all of IGM's players and to Steve and Graham for all the help. MWAH! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
I'm off to the sofa via the kettle. See you on the other side - lots of stake so coffee needed. GO!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey is this season still going? Sorry to say that since starting my job last October I've missed at least half the team submission deadlines due to varied shift patterns, and when I haven't missed them I've been as clueless as someone who has zero idea how any players are getting on. Actual matches seen this season amount to Utd v Leeds in the pub on opening day, and about 20 mins of Leeds v Liverpool in The Enterprise (on in the background) before the Sisters gig that evening.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.