Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Is that really genuine at all??? :?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Icon wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 06:55 Is that really genuine at all??? :?
seeing as it says "detonation boulevard- the single" i'm guessing at no.or at least not WEA surely? more likely an ad placed by a record shop maybe? bear in mind that at the time of Vision Thing WEA were spending sufficent money on the sisters for us to have those lovely brass VT buckles being made for record company execs. weird innit. :lol:

now i think about it, what was the score with detonation boulevard? was it just for MTV that they made the video? just a weird US thing like black planet with no actual single release? i should know this.... 50 points from griffindor
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 09:16 now i think about it, what was the score with detonation boulevard? was it just for MTV that they made the video? just a weird US thing like black planet with no actual single release? i should know this.... 50 points from griffindor
I think it might be to do with the way the charts work in the US. Here in good ol' Blighty it's all based on sales, whereas the left-pondians' charts track radio-play as well. So the record company will make a video to try to get the tune onto MTV and from there onto the radio stations. It's only when (or if) it starts getting traction on the radio that a physical release will be considered.

Of course in these days of streaming none of it works like that any more.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
czuczu
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 09:16 now i think about it, what was the score with detonation boulevard? was it just for MTV that they made the video? just a weird US thing like black planet with no actual single release? i should know this.... 50 points from griffindor
I always thought it was released to coincide with the first US leg of the tour but the promo is dated 1990 not 1991 so earlier than I thought. I remember first seeing the video on 120 Minutes as part of the Paul King interview from the Leeds 91 gig..
czuczu
Overbomber

alanm
Amphetamine Filth

I hadn't seen this before

Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Nice to see this pic (of drummer Adrian Erlandsson) in an article about metal band At the Gates in the most recent Guitar World mag... I'll have to check 'em out!

[repeat x40]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

kafka wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 00:00 Nice to see this pic (of drummer Adrian Erlandsson) ...
I misread that as Adrian Edmondson :lol: But of course Vim Fuego wasn't the drummer.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
czuczu
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 11:28
kafka wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 00:00 Nice to see this pic (of drummer Adrian Erlandsson) ...
I misread that as Adrian Edmondson :lol: But of course Vim Fuego wasn't the drummer.
Still the only musician in the band! :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Trendy Dublin coffee shop gets in on the act.

https://instagram.com/stories/bangbangd ... hare_sheet

("Bang Bang" was an old-time eccentric Dublin character, and I think everybody just assumed they took the name from him. It just occurs to me that it was probably from Detonation Boulevard.)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
czuczu
Overbomber

TJ :)
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I don't have pictorial evidence but our Ben is currently out on tour with Ricky Warwick and reported to be wearing Vons old leather jacket on stage.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ribbons69 wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 14:39 I don't have pictorial evidence but our Ben is currently out on tour with Ricky Warwick and reported to be wearing Vons old leather jacket on stage.
there are a few pics of him on the ricky warwick tour but i havent really looked at them as theyre on insta as well as fuckface-bukkake and i aint particularly interested. but yeah- check Sister Bens inst for all the pics.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

The Rock & Roll True Stories YouTube channel just covered the Sisters/Public Enemy tour.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
czuczu
Overbomber

More TJ

Pista
Cureboi

:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

83?
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 18:0383?
Sadly not.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Last night...

iesus
Overbomber

Changes made few hour ago on site:

We detected a small change on:

Sisters News - Live News

2022 August 06/3 Θεσσαλονίκη Greece Μονή Λαζαριστών

2022 August 07 Hildesheim Germany M'era Luna

2022 August 19 Brno Czech Republic TrutnOFF BrnoON Open Air Festival

:bat: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Anyone for a cringeworthy coffee table book?

https://www.indy100.com/wishlist/world-goth-day
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
mh
Above the Chemist

The 40 best song lyrics of all time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 07190.html

This Corrosion at number 12. Usual mistakes: missing "The" and wrong photo.
madderloss
Road Kill

I was leafing through some old music magazines. The following fun "fact" was printed in the news in brief column of a Norwegian magazine, alongside other news such as the new cassette type C100, which could fit two average CDs, and Adrian Borland's first solo album.

Getting a driver's license can be difficult for some. Andrew Eldritch from the not particularly sunny Sisters of Mercy recently failed his driver's license test. Our trustworthy sources tell us this was due to the lack of fog that day. Puls magazine no. 11/1989.
Signe signaturen.