2022-07-24. Rock Your Brain Fest, Alsace FR

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This Corrosion
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, hurrah .... ;D ;D ;D ... many, many thanks for this video, FireInReptileHouse ... :bat: ;D :bat: ...

It obviously was a great show, and yeah, Motörhead shirts are cool, especially at festivals ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Also thank you, Badlander, for the revview ... :D :D :D ...

The according SistersWiki page is here ... :) ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

And another ...

There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swallowed ... ;D ... btw, they look pretty good in bright daylight .. ;D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Where did you get that Sisters-specific 'flyer' on the wiki Sabine? It looks officially-produced, if so then either Von never saw it or he's stopped giving a s**t :lol:

Anyway, another clip. Am curious as to which tour that old tee is from, some late 70s / early 80s do I'd guess. He was wearing it in 97 so it's lasted longer than any of my tees from those times ;D respect to him that it still fits. Never mind the starry shirt though (which will forever remind me of a nightdress one of the old dears I look after wears), the official store needs to stock some of those natty sleeveless black denim shirts.

There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:46 Where did you get that Sisters-specific 'flyer' on the wiki Sabine? It looks officially-produced, if so then either Von never saw it or he's stopped giving a s**t :lol:
... :lol: ... I was wondering whether to use it or not, but hell ... legends are just legends ... fact ... :innocent: ...
Planet Dave wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:46 Anyway, another clip. Am curious as to which tour that old tee is from, some late 70s / early 80s do I'd guess. He was wearing it in 97 so it's lasted longer than any of my tees from those times ;D respect to him that it still fits. Never mind the starry shirt though (which will forever remind me of a nightdress one of the old dears I look after wears), the official store needs to stock some of those natty sleeveless black denim shirts.

Thanks for this. Fully agree, sleeveles black denim shirts are missing from The Sisters store. Never seen any, though, except on Lee, I guess, who would just cut off any unnecessary stuff ... :lol: ;D ... as to the nightdress ... I've still got the so-called Stranger II (RH061) - Black design on Cream / Ecru T-shirt (available only in XL) ... :lol: .. soo lovely and still fitting ... ;D ;D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 21:59
Planet Dave wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:46 Where did you get that Sisters-specific 'flyer' on the wiki Sabine? It looks officially-produced, if so then either Von never saw it or he's stopped giving a s**t :lol:
... :lol: ... I was wondering whether to use it or not, but hell ... legends are just legends ... fact ... :innocent: ...
:lol: :notworthy: top answer mate :notworthy: :lol:
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Feels like in 1993 :lol:

Anyway, another clip. Am curious as to which tour that old tee is from, some late 70s / early 80s do I'd guess. He was wearing it in 97 so it's lasted longer than any of my tees from those times ;D respect to him that it still fits. Never mind the starry shirt though (which will forever remind me of a nightdress one of the old dears I look after wears), the official store needs to stock some of those natty sleeveless black denim shirts.

Right On Venom And Revenge
Badlander
Overbomber

Just read the comments on the festival's FB page, and they're very negative. The words "bad", "arrogant", and "ridiculous" were used. But isn't that why we love the Sissies ? ;D

Young people today... :P
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Badlander
Overbomber

Just realised that Six Ways to Sunday is not in the set list, even though I’m fairly sure it was played. Eldo made a comment about it being the right day, as the gig was on a Sunday.
Or did I just dream it ? :P
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 15:16 Just read the comments on the festival's FB page, and they're very negative. The words "bad", "arrogant", and "ridiculous" were used. But isn't that why we love the Sissies ? ;D

Young people today... :P
Sounds like they got off lightly on the review front then, you shoulda seen one of the reviews of Jinjer and Powerwolf :wink: :lol:
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Some great photos here...Instagram florian_odl
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!