2022-10-30. Enmore Theatre, Sydney, AUS

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Ocean Moves

Tonight was my 26th sisters gig, since my first in 1990.

Headed to the Enmore at 730pm. Place starting to fill up with the usual collection of goths and misfits, with a big dash of Newtown weird. "Elko Fields" support duo with female singer guitarist came on around 8pm and played for just over 30 mins, and weren't bad to be honest.

Place filled up, I'd say nearly as busy as 3 years ago, but not quite. We were located front left, I stayed a bit back for better views. Sisters came on just after 9pm. Our area was a bit subdued, but the sound mix, general tightness of the band, Andrew vocals etc were pretty crisp. They looked like a well oiled and practiced outfit and confident with it, being on the back end of a long tour..in that way easily dispatching the challenge of performing a whole suite of unrecorded new material in front of an Australian audience who has very rarely hosted them in their entire career. I will say the audience seemed more like aging goths than last time... In that way it was Andrew dishing out the Sisters with a steely resolve to "give them what they need to hear", whilst at the same time paying the bills. I will say overall the new songs were solid, and the classics were done well. The encores naturally got the most rapturous response in both directions. I'd give the show a 7/10. From where we were the audience didn't fully loose their s**t to get into it, as I know can happen, but it was well performed and well received. Andrew held onto a cigarette here and there, occasionally chucking one into the audience. When I see the sisters what I like is, the sense that Andrew is still at the helm. What songs get played mean something. The lyrics he sings come from the heart, not a greatest hits money grab. The choice to not play "domino mother Russia" because it's politically unpalatable, in favour of the lesser but abstractly relevant "giving ground" is done for a reason. "On the beach" made for a fun surprise new song.

Place emptied around 1040pm, bar already shut. Out on the street...The duke (pub) already shut. Ended up piling into nearby bar, which was tiny, packed, playing sisters and goth classics on an even smaller dance floor. Full of sisters gig weirdos. Enjoyed the Atmos. Left around 1130pm. Overall, a good night.
Ocean Moves

My photos from the show:

Gothicbiff

Great photos Ocean Moves :notworthy:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
fields
Road Kill

Great pics ; wish i can see them next tour