A Biopic?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Hi. Has the subject of a biopic ever been considered? The story is there (in WFAW and PMNIBAG), the soundtrack is there (with permission) and the audience is there. Surely, even younger folk who don't know The Sisters would enjoy the story, if the script and actors were good.
If a film can be made about Joy Division, it sure as hell can be made about The Sisters.
Wilkstein
Road Kill

You can't be serious.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Wilkstein wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 04:57 You can't be serious.
Oh I am though. Begins with Von leaving Oxford, arriving in Leeds. Ends with Royal Albert Hall 1985.
Sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, and fog, lots of fog.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sam Spruell as Eldritch! A bit to old though, but hey, it worked for Richard Gere as Lancelot! Harry Melling as Hussey of course.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Harry Styles as Wayne, surely? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
fractalsister
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:39 Harry Styles as Wayne, surely? :lol:
Or Seth Rogen, in a ridiculous wig :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

But,,,, who would play the Doktor
Goths have feelings too
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

fractalsister wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 13:01
markfiend wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:39 Harry Styles as Wayne, surely? :lol:
Or Seth Rogen, in a ridiculous wig :D
James Corden as Hussey. Robert Pattinson as Von.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 15:02 But,,,, who would play the Doktor
What if Doktor had a voice and spoke to Von? Increasingly so, as the speed use increased and sleep decreased. He'd say things like "you can't trust them Andrew, only YOU know the MASTERPLAN" and "that vocal isn't anywhere near good enough, Andrew. You need to record it at least another 500 times" and "you need more amphetamines Andrew, then you can stay awake for a week and find the perfect EQ for that snare".
alanm

Ian1971 wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 15:39 What if Doktor had a voice and spoke to Von? Increasingly so, as the speed use increased and sleep decreased. He'd say things like "you can't trust them Andrew, only YOU know the MASTERPLAN" and "that vocal isn't anywhere near good enough, Andrew. You need to record it at least another 500 times" and "you need more amphetamines Andrew, then you can stay awake for a week and find the perfect EQ for that snare".
make it an anime and i'm in
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 15:48
Ian1971 wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 15:39 What if Doktor had a voice and spoke to Von? Increasingly so, as the speed use increased and sleep decreased. He'd say things like "you can't trust them Andrew, only YOU know the MASTERPLAN" and "that vocal isn't anywhere near good enough, Andrew. You need to record it at least another 500 times" and "you need more amphetamines Andrew, then you can stay awake for a week and find the perfect EQ for that snare".
make it an anime and i'm in
I actually love that idea. An anime version of the Sisters story. Mind blowing.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

For any potential biopic (anime :notworthy: or not) I strongly suspect that clearing the music rights would be a less than trivial task.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Probably easier to ask Jethro Tull for permission to use Living In The Past :wink:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
iesus
Overbomber

Could have an idea about casting ideas like 4 examples:
- Nicholas Podany

-Joel Courtney

-Fred Hechinger

-Rudy Pankow

ofc there are more... candidates :innocent: :notworthy:

Anime is another story :hl: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 22:32 Probably easier to ask Jethro Tull for permission to use Living In The Past :wink:

Yeah, this is what shatters my dream. I really do think it would make an amazing film though.
alanm

Whipped up some "anime" storyboards using you-know-what.

Night out with Claire

The dramatic "all nighter mixing TOL '83" scene. Gary has just stormed out in disgust.

Whispered conference with the Doctor while the others are out for a smoke.

Alone with the Doc after an argument with Wayne.

Trying to teach Craig the bassline to Torch.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gordon Ramsey as Andrew & Wayne. Ricky Gervais as Craig,

Image[/img]
ROBBIE

I think @ruffers had a premonition of this when he produced the Michael Jackson t-shirt. Shame he has passed away or he would have been perfect for the young(er) :von:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 07:42 Whipped up some "anime" storyboards using you-know-what.

Night out with Claire

The dramatic "all nighter mixing TOL '83" scene. Gary has just stormed out in disgust.

Whispered conference with the Doctor while the others are out for a smoke.

Alone with the Doc after an argument with Wayne.

Trying to teach Craig the bassline to Torch.
Oh my god, that is brilliant. Really funny. The world definitely needs a comic of the story of TSOM.
Last edited by Ian1971 on 02 Mar 2023, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Dr. Moody wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 11:26 Gordon Ramsey as Andrew & Wayne. Ricky Gervais as Craig,

Image[/img]
That is f**king funny, man :lol:
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

ROBBIE wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 13:50 I think @ruffers had a premonition of this when he produced the Michael Jackson t-shirt. Shame he has passed away or he would have been perfect for the young(er) :von:
MJ acting as a teenage Von. Amazing.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

We all know only one person can play 202X Von
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

While reading Waiting for Another War I couldn't help but think the same thing. I think the sisters would be a bit too niche at this point to receive the silver screen treatment, but I think the start of the sisters all the way to the release of Floodland would be an interesting enough story arc seeing the transformation of Andrew Taylor, becoming Andrew Eldritch. Even in an interview Wayne mentions that by the time he met Andrew, Andy taylor was gone, and he was full on Eldritch. obviously you would have to ham up the drama a little bit but you got the tension with Ben Gunn, the falling out with Andrew and Gary, Andrew getting his rib broken by a member of another band, Andrew going to the hospital due to poor health during the recording of FALAA, the battle over the Sisterhood name all the way to the rise from the ashes that was Floodland. Maybe it's just because im a big Sisters fan but sounds compelling to me.
czuczu
Overbomber

EXT. READING FESTIVAL - EVENING

ANDY (off his tits) "Do-do. Do-do, do-do, do-do!"

FADE

CREDITS

Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 15:23 While reading Waiting for Another War I couldn't help but think the same thing. I think the sisters would be a bit too niche at this point to receive the silver screen treatment, but I think the start of the sisters all the way to the release of Floodland would be an interesting enough story arc seeing the transformation of Andrew Taylor, becoming Andrew Eldritch. Even in an interview Wayne mentions that by the time he met Andrew, Andy taylor was gone, and he was full on Eldritch. obviously you would have to ham up the drama a little bit but you got the tension with Ben Gunn, the falling out with Andrew and Gary, Andrew getting his rib broken by a member of another band, Andrew going to the hospital due to poor health during the recording of FALAA, the battle over the Sisterhood name all the way to the rise from the ashes that was Floodland. Maybe it's just because im a big Sisters fan but sounds compelling to me.
Hey. It really is a fantastic story. It has everything. The issue would be getting Von/Hussey/Marx to give permission for the songs.