BEST SISTERS BOOT EVER!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:yeah it's missing Come Together, Ribbons, Flood II, This Corrosion and Vision Thing. I have obtained the missing tracks (from a different source) though.
Had them somewhere too, but they were taken from the video and sounded pretty wobbly. What's your source like?

8)
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Ribbons and Come Together are from the video. Flood II, Corrosion and VT are from a bootlleg (called "Friday The 13th") I bought in Camden Market about a week after the gig. Sound is better than "Visions at the Forum" IMHO.
The Scene won't save you...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:Flood II, Corrosion and VT are from a bootlleg (called "Friday The 13th") I bought in Camden Market about a week after the gig. Sound is better than "Visions at the Forum" IMHO.
But that one is missing Come Together/Ribbons as well I presume. Isn't the Visions at the Forum recorded with a limiter?

8)
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

yeah the "Friday The 13th" boot is missing Kiss, Ribbons, Come Together and C.Numb / SKOS. The "Visions..." boot sounds compressed to me - the volume dies away when Von sings loud parts. The sound on the "Friday" boot doesn't do this, and is alot better IMHO.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:Ribbons and Come Together are from the video. Flood II, Corrosion and VT are from a bootlleg (called "Friday The 13th") I bought in Camden Market about a week after the gig. Sound is better than "Visions at the Forum" IMHO.
i have that boot too,and i bought a while after the gig,
and i think it must be the same seller, a real nice cd r
dont you think so?
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Smoke and Mirrors, Frankfurt 1.4.2003. So pretty and good quality i wish i had money to buy it from ebay.

dei
I don't really have the money but I bought it anyway & it wins hands down for me.

best quality boot I have by a mile & as you say, very very pretty packaging!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
James Blast
Banned

A future weed :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Red Sunsets wrote:A future weed :innocent:
Typical Scotsman. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
James Blast
Banned

I thought it was about spreading the disease JB?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Red Sunsets wrote:I thought it was about spreading the disease JB?
Disease or addiction? I can take it or leave it. Anytime. Just like that. Hasn't got me hooked.

(Please don't look at the weeding thread ... :roll: )
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:Disease or addiction? I can take it or leave it. Anytime. Just like that. Hasn't got me hooked.
(Please don't look at the weeding thread ... :roll: )
and I believe it was *I* who supplied your first "Fix" (sic)
I'm sooo so subversive... :? :| :wink:
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Karst wrote:
The Green Lantern wrote:Honourable mentions to Visions at the Forum, because I found it by chance and heard some of the new songs for the first time when I listened to it.
Hm. That one is pretty incomplete isn't it?

8)
Hell yes. It was more the circumstances around it that made me enjoy it a great deal. And still do. I had written off the Sisters pretty much as dead, hadn't bought or traded anything Sisters-related for years and found VATF in a scrubby little record shop in Old Town. Going home listening to the new stuff and Comfortably Numb for the first time, watching the first snow falling, it was just one of those magical moments.
The Green Lantern

Scardwel wrote:yeah it's missing Come Together, Ribbons, Flood II, This Corrosion and Vision Thing. I have obtained the missing tracks (from a different source) though.
Going from memory, Visions at the forum includes Comfortably Numb, War on drugs, Confide in me and one or two more of the new ones.
At about the same time there was another bootleg out, with Andrew on the cover, darkgreenish, that included Come Together, Romeo Down and possibly Summer. What's the name of that one? I got that one just after Visions and it had a similar impact on me. Or am I mixing them up?
I love Come Together and long thought it would be the next single.
The Green Lantern

c_drive wrote:there's no confide in me on it; that was only performed in 1997 AFAIK
My mistake. That lobotomy I undertook haven't improved my memory it seems. I want my money back.

I was mixing it up with Victorian Night, Brixton 97. That one has Confide in me. And that's the one I bought first. Then I got hold of Visions at the forum.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Best 97 boot - Absolute Proof - Manchester, although it misses the last two encores.

But anyway, best boots ever -

Return To Arkham - looks official - a very lush item

Either Leeds 2003, with covers from source

Enjoy The Puppet Show - class recording

Dark Christmas - indeed an amazing performance

but you could go on for quite a while yet... :roll:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Early days - The Darks Were In Milan
~ Peter Steele
Adrenochrome
Road Kill

Mera Luna 2000 ("Bei mir bist du schön")

Great gig, great sound, premiere of "crash & burn"
"Take Me Down To The Paradise City Where The Gras Is Green And The Girls Are Pretty"
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cannot decide between Before Darkness (Bremen 1984), Disguised in black and Roskilde 1998 :roll:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Drsisters

the boot from The boot from Glasgow, Barrowlands 2000.09.02 is quite fine also, brilliant performance.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
James Blast
Banned

Drsisters wrote:the boot from The boot from Glasgow, Barrowlands 2000.09.02 is quite fine also, brilliant performance.
A future weed?
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ignore all previous statements...Smoke & Mirrors (Frankfurt 2003) is the best boot by a country mile. Not only of the Sisters Mk 4 (or whatever version we're on now), but the best boot period. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was pilfered from the band.

Oh, and best 1985 CD is now Chicago Cabaret Metro - top recording and performance, with free Von hissy fit thrown in for good measure.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:The best 1997 bootleg is without a doubt is 'Glauchau 07/06/97'
That one is missing Vision Thing - Dublin '97 is good as is Rensburg (Sister Ray!). Philly '97 is a classic.
TheBoyNextDoor

I'll have to go for Halloweens Day 'cause it's so damn sought after and I hadn't heard it until some week ago thanks to Markfiend! Though I got two of the record.. ;)
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

For me that is "Holocaust" equal to "Dark X-mas in London"

those are for me the best boots ever (what I try to say is, the recording could be not so good, but the concerts are major)
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
allfear

No Question

Rough Diamonds