Sisters Of Mercy Demos on "Heady Daze" CD

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

My "Heady Daze" book arrived today with the eagerly awaited CD with demos for the second Sisters album.
There are three Strawberry Studios outtake on it, two widely known outtakes ("Garden Of Delight" with
Wayne's guide vocal from the 1984 album session, and "Serpents Kiss" from the April 1985 post-FALAA
session) plus one previously unheard instrumental studio version of "Wake" (as Wayne states that all the
instruments are played by him, I think it is from the same April 1985 session at Strawberry; in fact the track
sounds so similar to the officially released version of the track, especially the drum/keyboard intro, that they
might have re-used the very same recording?!).
Then there is a 1983 demo of "Dance On Glass" recorded by Wayne at Pink Studios, Liverpool, for Dead Or Alive;
the rest are home demos.
Sound is rough but listenable, not cleaned up or altered.
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

I ordered the book just for the CD, so the inclusion of a previously unheard Sisters demo of „Wake“ was a pleasant surprise. All the home demos are cassette sourced, the studio demos also.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I do hope they see a digital release when the physicals are sold out - the shipping costs for the package are a killer.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
Pista
Cureboi

Teh Mish have the book & CD for sale on their merch stand on the current tour.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Andy W
Road Kill

I enjoyed the book and found the CD interesting ... however after track 6 on the cd the tracklisting on the cd sleeve is wrong !!!!!
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andy W wrote: 13 May 2023, 21:56 I enjoyed the book and found the CD interesting ... however after track 6 on the cd the tracklisting on the cd sleeve is wrong !!!!!
07 - Born Of The Sign Of Air & The Twins (Severina)
09 - Run You Ragged (Severina)
11 - Starchild (Dance On Glass)
12 - Let Me Come Inside (Stay With Me)
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "