German TV show

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Hi people,
I just saw an unidentified object and wanted to ask if any of you could comment it :roll:
I mean a brief snippet of a TV show which consists of Von's interview in German (or rather an introduction to the following) and Under The Gun performed in the studio.
Well, what's strange about it? Von speaks German? C'mon - a man who's name is Von HAS TO speak German :wink:
No, the point was in a band - a guitarist (at first I thought it was Bruhn but he had dark hair) and a female keyboard player who also sang the female part of the song. And she was NOT Terri Nunn, she looked almost gothic :) Actually I suspect they didn't play nor sang but still... who was they :?: Does anybody know?
By the way, the TV channel or program was ELF 99, Von had short dark hair and odd shades.
Adrenochrome
Road Kill

I got this funny thing on video somewhere.

I don´t think that there are any relations between these two people and Eldritch or the sisters.
I guess they needed two more people to pretend it´s live..

I´ve got a german tv-show from the 90s called "rockpalast" ón video with a full playback performance of "Temple Of Love" with Von and three other guys- one of them playing drums- strange and stupid
"Take Me Down To The Paradise City Where The Gras Is Green And The Girls Are Pretty"
pikkrong
Overbomber

Adrenochrome wrote:
I´ve got a german tv-show from the 90s called "rockpalast" ón video with a full playback performance of "Temple Of Love" with Von and three other guys- one of them playing drums- strange and stupid
I'm always interested in such strange and stupid stuff :lol: Is there a possibility you can copy this... A trade or smth? :wink:
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:Actually I suspect they didn't play nor sang but still...
I have that one too, and that girl is really really bad at miming. And she's certainly not playing that keyboard. Don't know who she is though. I always assumed she was Suzanne the background singer they used around that time, but 9 times out of 10 I'm wrong when it comes to assumptions.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC there's something in UTR about this. The people in the "band" were friends of Von's in Hamburg; in another band maybe? Von let them come on the show and pretend to be Sisters because at that point the Sisters were him and the Doktor??
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Isn't that thing he talks about in UTR the Top of the Pops where they mock-played More and i Was Wrong?

But what i would like to know if the woman singing backup in that one is Suzanne Josefowich?

dei
we've got beer and we've got fuel
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Adrenochrome wrote:I´ve got a german tv-show from the 90s called "rockpalast" ón video with a full playback performance of "Temple Of Love" with Von and three other guys- one of them playing drums- strange and stupid
Wasn't it "Peters Pop Show" 1993, where they "performed" More & I was wrong?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

vicus wrote:
Adrenochrome wrote:I´ve got a german tv-show from the 90s called "rockpalast" ón video with a full playback performance of "Temple Of Love" with Von and three other guys- one of them playing drums- strange and stupid
Wasn't it "Peters Pop Show" 1993, where they "performed" More & I was wrong?
thats what i was thinking...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Adrenochrome
Road Kill

ok,ok- it was "Peters Pop Show"
"Take Me Down To The Paradise City Where The Gras Is Green And The Girls Are Pretty"
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Adrenochrome wrote:ok,ok- it was "Peters Pop Show"
Wollen wir um einen Kasten Bier wetten? :lol:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Adrenochrome
Road Kill

Wollen wir um einen Kasten Bier wetten? :lol:
he,he..das wird mir zu riskant, außerdem wette ich nie :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:
But what i would like to know if the woman singing backup in that one is Suzanne Josefowich?

Are you the same, Susanne? :wink: