2023 set list: your hopes and fears?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Fears: NTTC, Dr Jeep/Det. Blvd, Under the Gun
Hopes: Valentine, Far Parade, Train (with or without Det. Blvd), Heartland, Floorshow, Temple Of Love (12" Version - as it should be!!! - if Andreas Bruhn could play it, so can you, dear guitarists), more new new songs
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hopes more new songs, more old songs, redo the end of the set (Lucretia, Temple, T.C, it's been done enough.) Everything Lazco said. Yes to new covers, wasn't Wichita Lineman or Darkness on the Edge of Town a possibility? Drive by R.E.M? A 20 min medley of pulverizing, howling, gonzoid rock?
Fears; just another tshirt, vocal problems, unrecorded gems on quiet nights in the boonies.
satanarchist
Road Kill

Hopes: 1/4 FALAA, 1/4 Flood, 1/4 early eps/ singles, 1/8 new, 1/8 VT

Fears: VT Filler
iesus
Overbomber

Most likely it will go:
1/3=first EP's-FALAA - 1/3Floodland - VT - 1/3 After 1992 songs
That is not hope nor fear, just an estimation with possibility to come true. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dr. Moody wrote: 03 May 2023, 16:23 Hopes more new songs, more old songs, redo the end of the set (Lucretia, Temple, T.C, it's been done enough.) Everything Lazco said. Yes to new covers, wasn't Wichita Lineman or Darkness on the Edge of Town a possibility? Drive by R.E.M? A 20 min medley of pulverizing, howling, gonzoid rock?
Fears; just another tshirt, vocal problems, unrecorded gems on quiet nights in the boonies.
Whilst remaining firmly in the iesus / whizz camp of 'who cares what they play it'll be rocking', I agree Drive would make an exceptional cover. Nice thought, at any rate. Similarly E1M1 as the new instrumental would stonk like a motherfunster.

Only thing close to a fear is no t-shirts at all :lol: wouldn't be the first time.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Wilkstein
Road Kill

I know he hates the Beatles but it would be funny to hear When I'm 64 in LA on the 15th.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Whatever they play, and whatever everyone's personal take on whatever they play, we're wishing everyone a brilliant time at the forthcoming gigs :D Safe travels to everyone heading off on planes trains and automobiles, seasoned regulars and those who've been waiting 14 years alike, have a damn fine time folks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
iesus
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 08 May 2023, 14:31 Whatever they play, and whatever everyone's personal take on whatever they play, we're wishing everyone a brilliant time at the forthcoming gigs :D Safe travels to everyone heading off on planes trains and automobiles, seasoned regulars and those who've been waiting 14 years alike, have a damn fine time folks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
well said :D
+1 :bat:
Have a good time, those who attend, and let us know news about it :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
FireInReptileHouse

Hopes - Slept, War on Drugs, Walk Away and On The Beach

Fears - No time to cry please please stop thank you Sir Von Eldritch
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hopes - Good Things!

Fears - bad things (poor sound, inaudible vocals etc - there are no songs they are likely to play that I actively dislike)
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
iesus
Overbomber

Few hours left till they land on the stage in Washington :lol:
What you hoped, hoped. What you feared, feared. Time to see what will happen. ;D
Last hope, someone report on site and tell us what he/she witness :notworthy:
And a pair of bats :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
DJW
Road Kill

Prediction for tonight (assuming they play it safe…)

Lucretia
Don't Drive On Ice
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
I Will Call You
First And Last And Always
But Genevieve
Alice
Amphetamine Logic
Marian
More
Show Me
Eyes Of Caligula
On The Beach
I Was Wrong
Here
Instrumental 86
There's A Door
When I'm On Fire
Flood II

Vision Thing
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Hopes: something from The Reptile House, Body Electric (Fast), Amphetamine Logic, another couple of new songs
Fears: the state of Von's voice by the time he hits the second run of UK dates in November
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
primasvisage
Road Kill

before full swing of set reached, I took the liberty of coming up with my list for the mean time
was slightly thrilled by slight overlap in silver spring, if more in naming than sound:
--fix
--slept/still
--come together
--don't drive on ice
--but genevieve
--when you don't see me
--burn
--summer
--better reptile
--on the beach
--kick line
--under the gun
--six ways to sunday
--black planet
--there's a door
--here
--body electric
--black sail
------------------------
--eyes of caligula
--romeo down
--arms
---------------------------------
--dominion
--war on drugs/adrenochrome
--lucretia

realize I have no idea what it means to actually SING this many songs in this order, let alone having clocked the thing. it was more like doing a crossword in my head with a fantasy league baseball roster, and yes I took the opportunity to come up with my own medleys
ongoinging
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ive never liked any of the comedy covers. with the exception to that rule being whole world in his hands. that was a one-off & besides i was there,.i LOVE confide in me, gimme gimme gimme , jolene -- theyre not funny they are AWESOME. . dont like Glitter band full stop.. we dont need covers now we have the smiggy spiggy christo .creff hit factory
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sultan2075
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 14 May 2023, 14:18 ive never liked any of the comedy covers. with the exception to that rule being whole world in his hands. that was a one-off & besides i was there,.i LOVE confide in me, gimme gimme gimme , jolene -- theyre not funny they are AWESOME. . dont like Glitter band full stop.. we dont need covers now we have the smiggy spiggy christo .creff hit factory
Yeah, I completely agree on all of this. Those are all legitimately good songs in their own right.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
primasvisage
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 14 May 2023, 14:18 ive never liked any of the comedy covers. with the exception to that rule being whole world in his hands. that was a one-off & besides i was there,.i LOVE confide in me, gimme gimme gimme , jolene -- theyre not funny they are AWESOME. . dont like Glitter band full stop.. we dont need covers now we have the smiggy spiggy christo .creff hit factory
ah but the jungle drum on Rock n Roll (is that Part 2?) did get me hearing things differently
ongoinging
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

I want bunches of the new stuff, some very old stuff (Valentine, I would kill for), and maybe just Ribbons from VT.

But man, I'd really love to have "Slept" in the mix, even though I know the odds are against it.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Wilkstein wrote: 04 May 2023, 23:50 I know he hates the Beatles but it would be funny to hear When I'm 64 in LA on the 15th.
That would have been great :lol:

I've no fears or expectations. I'll take anything. :kiss: I've never seen them before.

Last time in the US like 15 years ago, and I was British Heavy metal fan in the 80s. Music types only crossed over for the more enlightened.
This place is death with walls
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @Incoming! & welcome to :hl: :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 20 May 2023, 07:46 Hello @Incoming! & welcome to :hl: :)
Thanks! It's good to have found this place. :D

I'm a girl and I wander sometimes. This time I found the jack pot. :notworthy:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Husek wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:21 Well dominion technically returned in the last gigs from 2022, no segues though, I think it's safe to assume it's gonna be played again at some point during this tour.

Far Parade will never see the light on the day, the chord progression became Show Me, and I don't see von taking the time to revisit an unreleased song from 10 years ago co authored by a member of the band that isn't around anymore (unfortunately).

I'm expecting VT fillers too, I'd prefer having train/det back instead of jeep/det.

Last tour we had a dearth of FALAA material, i don't see it coming back anytime soon, we had a big Falaa moment from 2014 to 2017 with rock and a hard place, nttc, walk away and logic being played non-stop, but I guess all those spots of the set list are being filled by new songs.

I hope to see more new new songs in the set list and a final version of kickline, and maybe another shot on Better reptile as it feels unpolished.

Finally I realllly wish they dropped instrumental 86 in favour of top nite out, jihad or rain from heaven.

With all that said, I'd be the happiest lad on earth if driven like the snow made the cut
Now that you've seen the US set list, how do you feel?
Husek

Incoming! wrote: 21 May 2023, 18:21
Husek wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:21 Well dominion technically returned in the last gigs from 2022, no segues though, I think it's safe to assume it's gonna be played again at some point during this tour.

Far Parade will never see the light on the day, the chord progression became Show Me, and I don't see von taking the time to revisit an unreleased song from 10 years ago co authored by a member of the band that isn't around anymore (unfortunately).

I'm expecting VT fillers too, I'd prefer having train/det back instead of jeep/det.

Last tour we had a dearth of FALAA material, i don't see it coming back anytime soon, we had a big Falaa moment from 2014 to 2017 with rock and a hard place, nttc, walk away and logic being played non-stop, but I guess all those spots of the set list are being filled by new songs.

I hope to see more new new songs in the set list and a final version of kickline, and maybe another shot on Better reptile as it feels unpolished.

Finally I realllly wish they dropped instrumental 86 in favour of top nite out, jihad or rain from heaven.

With all that said, I'd be the happiest lad on earth if driven like the snow made the cut
Puzzled, why on the beach was dropped?

Idk, I love the sisters, hands down my favourite band and I'd kill to see them live again and again.

But I can't help to compare them with let's say the cure.
How come old man Bobby can go on the stage for 3 hrs, play songs from all eras (literally debuted new stuff last week I heard) but the girls can't play more than 75mins? And we gotta listen to Dr jeep night after night with no sign of other new songs or some pre FALAA stuff
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Husek wrote: 22 May 2023, 00:17

Idk, I love the sisters, hands down my favourite band and I'd kill to see them live again and again.

How come old man Bobby can go on the stage for 3 hrs, play songs from all eras (literally debuted new stuff last week I heard) but the girls can't play more than 75mins? And we gotta listen to Dr jeep night after night with no sign of other new songs or some pre FALAA stuff
I read an article recently released where AE said that Americans "needed" to hear the new stuff whether they wanted to or not. I suspect that is because we need more world education perspective? We are quite ethnocentric and closed minded.
Husek

Incoming! wrote: 22 May 2023, 18:20
Husek wrote: 22 May 2023, 00:17

I read an article recently released where AE said that Americans "needed" to hear the new stuff whether they wanted to or not. I suspect that is because we need more world education perspective? We are quite ethnocentric and closed minded.
Well I'd be down to more new songs, but if anything we are getting fewer new songs if we compare to the European leg.

On the beach is gone, she's a monster was only played once, and god only knows what happened with kickline
Last edited by Husek on 22 May 2023, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop