RSD BBC Sessions release

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Anyone know what else WEA might have in the Vaults?
A live album?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Moderate Mick wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 22:35 Anyone know what else WEA might have in the Vaults?
A live album?
Sadly I think they’ve probably flogged everything they have the rights to by this point…
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mh
Above the Chemist

Wake is long overdue a reissue, but who knows who owns the rights to that nowadays.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 23:12 Wake is long overdue a reissue, but who knows who owns the rights to that nowadays.
I'd take a rerelease of Wake in a heartbeat especially if it was released on blu-ray. According to the sisters wiki it seems the distribution rights were held by RCA, who through years of corporate shuffling and acquisition is now part of Comcast. So either one day it might end up on a future comcast streaming service, or maybe the video rights fell back into possession of Von, which may as well be the same thing as never seeing the light of day again. :innocent: Here's to hoping for a miracle.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ive got 3 vhs copies, a lazer disc copy (on DVD) a DVD transfer from analogue, the full audience DVD & f**k knows how many re-jiggered digi YT mp4 versions. ...and yet "One Good Reason" is still the very best.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Moderate Mick wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 22:35 Anyone know what else WEA might have in the Vaults?
A live album?
In a perfect world we should have three of em, but according to the late great Chris Tsangarides, all Hamburg 90 recordings where stashed away by Eldritch after finishing the mixes of the three shows. Only Ribbons and Something Fast is available.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Drsisters wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 05:42
A live album?
In a perfect world we should have three of em, but according to the late great Chris Tsangarides, all Hamburg 90 recordings where stashed away by Eldritch after finishing the mixes of the three shows. Only Ribbons and Something Fast is available.
Bloody frustrating that’s for sure.
Marukomu
Road Kill

paint it black wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 17:29 I don’t bother much now however perhaps it’s a clone of the JP session as broadcast rather than the session itself? I have an unedited recording and JP spoke over the first few notes (which you can hear in the background. I think he also talked over the end of Emma
Yes, I taped it when it was on the 84 festive fifty show and that version, without talking over the end (peel says "quite possibly the longest fade in the history of recorded music") is 7.57, whereas the version on the official release is 7.37.