2023-09-22 The Roundhouse, London, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm in, as long as BA in on time.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

Go on then, count me in.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in for both nights - got tickets and hotel. Waiting for my passport to be renewed. Passports real backed up in US. If not I'll go to Germany.

Love to meet you all excellent individuals in London. 8)
This place is death with walls

Some kind of innocence is measured out in years
You don't know what it's like to listen to your fears
Gothicbiff

Incoming! wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 23:46 I'm in for both nights - got tickets and hotel. Waiting for my passport to be renewed. Passports real backed up in US. If not I'll go to Germany.

Fingers crossed for your passport!
I'm travelling from Glasgow by train. Hoping there isn't another railway workers strike that weekend
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Incoming! wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 23:46 I'm in for both nights - got tickets and hotel. Waiting for my passport to be renewed. Passports real backed up in US. If not I'll go to Germany.

I would like to welcome you to Germany too! :D
Still I hope you can sort out things with your passport to go to the UK. :D
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 May 2023, 16:50 This night is my birthday. So after the gig i will be heading off to continue my celebrations. Obviously all of you beautiful people are more than welcome to join us. At the time of writing i'm planning on going to Club Antichrist whch is a fetish/burlesque all-nighter affair
You're on your own with that one, absolutely not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, health and cats are one factor, but I actually have a deep antipathy towards most "alternative" events and anything to do with fetish culture! Plus have you see the prices?

If I remember to, I might bring you a card or something. 8)

Obviously if I hear of anything better, will let you know, chances are nothing else on the Friday as no clubs like to clash these days as the catchment crowd is so limited.
There's more likely to be someone throwing an "unofficial aftershow" disco somewhere on the Saturday night.
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Icon wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 11:29

I would like to welcome you to Germany too! :D
Still I hope you can sort out things with your passport to go to the UK. :D
Thanks! I got my passport early. Told my boss the meeting will be just fine without my presence. (It's called doing the work of 3 people and they scared you're going to quit).
So I'm up for both nights. :)

I habe in Dusseldorf gewohnt. Aber my Deutsch ist schlect. :lol:

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

godgirl wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:34
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 May 2023, 16:50 This night is my birthday. So after the gig i will be heading off to continue my celebrations. Obviously all of you beautiful people are more than welcome to join us. At the time of writing i'm planning on going to Club Antichrist whch is a fetish/burlesque all-nighter affair
You're on your own with that one, absolutely not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, health and cats are one factor, but I actually have a deep antipathy towards most "alternative" events and anything to do with fetish culture! Plus have you see the prices?

If I remember to, I might bring you a card or something. 8)

Obviously if I hear of anything better, will let you know, chances are nothing else on the Friday as no clubs like to clash these days as the catchment crowd is so limited.
There's more likely to be someone throwing an "unofficial aftershow" disco somewhere on the Saturday night.
The plans for Friday have changed with the bailing out of the occasion by my sister Lucy who is the performaance/ caberet / burlesque fetish secretary here on WhizzWorld. Unless an actual event/club night is happening nearby the night will most likely be me and erudite trawling crawling trolling and rolling around ol Camden Town with any HLs who fancy seeing the second night strung out and hungover. just about to buy my ticket down so that me as good as there. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 06:09
The plans for Friday have changed with the bailing out of the occasion by my sister Lucy who is the performaance/ caberet / burlesque fetish secretary here on WhizzWorld. Unless an actual event/club night is happening nearby the night will most likely be me and erudite trawling crawling trolling and rolling around ol Camden Town with any HLs who fancy seeing the second night strung out and hungover. just about to buy my ticket down so that me as good as there. :von:
That's a shame about Lucy.
Guess we'll just have to regroup in the Enterprise after the gig and take it from there...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Consider me roll called.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
eastmidswhizzkid

Erudite wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 15:49
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 06:09
That's a shame about Lucy.
Guess we'll just have to regroup in the Enterprise after the gig and take it from there...
Sounds good to me! i wouldve gone back there initially after the gig anyway. Yes its all good. 8)

eastmidswhizzkid

Purple Light wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 18:16 Consider me roll called.
to my birthday? the Sisters? or both. if i were you i'd go for both. :von:

Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Um...how do I know the HL people. I'm a bit of an introvert and I don't want to go up to random people and say "Hi, I'm a lost American. Do you post on the HL forum?" I'm kind of hoping for a group with matching cowboy hats to differentiate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Incoming! wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 23:51 Um...how do I know the HL people. I'm a bit of an introvert and I don't want to go up to random people and say "Hi, I'm a lost American. Do you post on the HL forum?" I'm kind of hoping for a group with matching cowboy hats to differentiate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We'll be the people wearing black.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
LyanvisAberrant

Incoming! wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 23:51 Um...how do I know the HL people. I'm a bit of an introvert and I don't want to go up to random people and say "Hi, I'm a lost American. Do you post on the HL forum?" I'm kind of hoping for a group with matching cowboy hats to differentiate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is precicely why I've never met any of you lot. Been to the enterprise, been to the roundhouse many times, never worked up the courage to go up to strangers. I'm an anxious mess on a good day.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
eastmidswhizzkid

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:30
This is precicely why I've never met any of you lot. Been to the enterprise, been to the roundhouse many times, never worked up the courage to go up to strangers. I'm an anxious mess on a good day.
i could be helpful and post a picture of myself? then you will know at least one of us to avoid? :lol:

LyanvisAberrant

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:53
i could be helpful and post a picture of myself? then you will know at least one of us to avoid? :lol:
Had me in stiches, haha. If needs must! I'm quiet and shy, then again, guessing some of you are also. Would be good to put names to faces none the less x
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
ruffers
Overbomber

If there's someone wearing a t shirt with my avatar in it is almost certainly me.
Chucking another log on
abridged
Slight Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 10:07
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:53

Had me in stiches, haha. If needs must! I'm quiet and shy, then again, guessing some of you are also. Would be good to put names to faces none the less x
There will be a couple of Irish guys, one with a Guinness and Blackcurrant, the other (MH) looking askance at the one with blackcurrant in or outside the Enterprise. We're friendly so say hello! :-)
The Chancer Corporation
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

There are other Americans. They all look like Tom Cruse. There are New Zealand, Germany, Belgium, France, Irish, other Celts, Croatia, Spain (I think Estonian) so look for the goth Eurovision but no Cliff Richard and more Lordi.

Lee is correct avoid him at all costs
Goths have feelings too
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

:roll: Answers as expected.

@abridged I drink cider with black currant. A Punt for a pint. :D Prost!

So I'll focus for why I'm going - the band. They'll probably never return to the US - So I need to see them now.

Two tears in a bucket. Mother f**k it.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Incoming! wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 15:42 :roll: Answers as expected.

So I'll focus for why I'm going - the band. They'll probably never return to the US - So I need to see them now.

Ahh don't fret you'll find us or we'll find you. First time I met folks off Dominion / here it was by announcing my attire for the night, a mohican, Ajax Amsterdam football shirt with a Hawaiian shirt over it. Worked a treat ;D
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 18:14

Ahh don't fret you'll find us or we'll find you. First time I met folks off Dominion / here it was by announcing my attire for the night, a mohican, Ajax Amsterdam football shirt with a Hawaiian shirt over it. Worked a treat ;D
Ha ha I remember that look 😀
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 18:56
Planet Dave wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 18:14

Ha ha I remember that look 😀
... and I remember a hand being proffered in the midst of a raging moshpit, attached to a cheery-looking bloke and a 'Dave? Paint It Black!' by way of introduction :lol: :notworthy: proof that the method is sound, so when you've decided what you're wearing Incoming!, let us know and folk will say hi :D at present I can only narrow down my potential attire to one of around 15 Metallica shirts 20 Sisters shirts or 10 Motorhead shirts, so not much help ;D
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Gothicbiff

Incoming, I too am an introvert
But 2 years ago I put my brave pants on and approached 2 people in The Enterprise. Turned out to be the utterly lovely fellow HLers, Planet Dave and Charlie :D
I'm staying at The Enterprise and arriving around lunchtime on Friday. I plan to be wearing my HL tshirt on arrival
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!