2023-09-26. Paradiso, Amsterdam NL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Chris was not only nurse — he kept making paper planes which did not fly …
:lol: perhaps he checked out this thread :innocent:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

ruffers wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:49 I'm right by Chris.

What he does is draw a line through a song on the set list when it's done, then clicks a bit, then readopts the pose as the next tune starts.

:lol:
sounds like he's developed musically from his last outings with the Sisters then
Goths have feelings too
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do people who were there think the sound was adequate? Can they finish the tour with only one guitar in such a way that people will still have a great time?
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

yes the setlist paper planes that didn't fly properly :lol: :notworthy:
what a f**king brilliant gig even without Dylan.
the boys were having fun on stage without a doubt.
our audience was delightful :notworthy:
von pulled his weight as front man he was good to hear but I was right up front.
Ben was brilliant as always and my daughter sent him a hand heart that she got back from him which made me so happy.
Chris i love you man. kudos for how you hold yourself tried to get a smile,.
sorry i left in such a hurry without saying goodbye to you favourite friends who i was around !
see you all tomorrow 8) :kiss:
mh ~ always a pleasure sharing drinks with you :notworthy:

thank you Andrew always giving me that *wibble * watching you :kiss: :notworthy: :bat:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

mh wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:19 "so that happened" during More.
interesting he has all them photoshop and internetz skills but doesn't know how to hide some text and an image lol

https://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.html

so that's happening
Goths have feelings too
mh
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 22:23
interesting he has all them photoshop and internetz skills but doesn't know how to hide some text and an image lol

so that's happening
Maybe he's forgotten the password again?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

so that's happening
<!-- :lol: -->
copper
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:56
TheGoodSon wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:51 Why don’t they just give Chris a guitar?!
He hasn't learned the new songs. That'll take time, if it happens at all.
Aside that, he last played a set with the band six years ago next week.

Still, he could buckle up quickly if Davey is cleared to join them on the road.
H. Blackrose

so that's happening
I increasingly feel he keeps the website in a Y2K state of repair just to make a point
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Anyway, The Sisters obviously played another wonderful gig ... ;D ...

splintered thing

Sounds like everyone got something out of this gig - brilliant to have Chris back, he's a solid unit :D
Sad for Dylan, he's obvs NQR at the moment but massive kudos to Ben and Andy for continuing. Class.
Wish I was there, have a blast everyone... :von:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

ON THE BEACH

SUMMER

WHEN YOU DON‘T SEE ME BEING ON FIRE … erm, „When I‘m On Fire“ then

Two more videos will follow. Still glowing after a very good gig. And for those who wondered if it will still work with one guitarist short: It did. Yes, some songs are now good candidates for not being played. Apart from this, Ben was doing his usual, which is very good.

It was nice to meet everyone, really enjoyed reconnecting after some time 🍀

Those who will be in Utrecht: Enjoy, you will 👍🏻
Last edited by Jan on 27 Sep 2023, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
hellboy69

H. Blackrose wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 22:42

so that's happening
I increasingly feel he keeps the website in a Y2K state of repair just to make a point
“If I’ve got anything to say about past or current band politics, I’ve got a website. There’s enough on there already, and I haven’t added to it for ages. I don’t feel the need.” :lol:

From that interview viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29078
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

BUT GENEVIEVE

TEMPLE OF LOVE
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Many thanks for alll the videos, Jan ... :D :notworthy: ... integrated some of them into the SistersWiki ... :D ...

Insofar also loads of thanks to MrBlonde, Ingo Wennemaring, PeterKJ, Marleen Bonstra and Hendrik Gee ... :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_26-Sep-2023
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 11:34 Many thanks for alll the videos, Jan ... :D :notworthy: ... integrated some of them into the SistersWiki ... :D ...
Anytime :-) I was just irritated, it said „no filming no video“ at the door — surely this must’ve been a leftover from the previous gig :lol:
Gothicbiff

Jan wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 13:19
Being645 wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 11:34 Many thanks for alll the videos, Jan ... :D :notworthy: ... integrated some of them into the SistersWiki ... :D ...
Anytime :-) I was just irritated, it said „no filming no video“ at the door — surely this must’ve been a leftover from the previous gig :lol:
I know when Siouxsie played Paradiso a few months ago there were various notices about no pictures or filming. But i believe that was at Siouxsie's request.
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

that sign is always on the doors at Paradiso :wink:

anyhoo in my bubble of excitement from last night's gig forgot to send good vibes to Ravey Davey and his Mrs. sending loads of love your way xxx
that ongoing eternity
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Fodderstompf wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:18 You people seem to find the collapse of the current line-up funny?
I don't agree.
it's sad to see him go just because he contributed to the band so well, (not that i like everything) and they did seem to get along also, on the other hand, he just had to pick up his guitar at the second night, he did'n't, that just stupid. As a guitar player I prefer someone else with better skills and less clowny actions, that just not suits the band, but as a person i really like Dylan over anyone else, it's just stupid the way it's escalated, shame he' s gone and I wonder if he's okay, on the other hand it's been somewhile ago since I saw the Sisters this powerfull like yesterday. All respect to Dylan but he wasted this himselfs,
- since 1992 -
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Watching Jans excellent videos from last night (thank you so much for sharing them! 🙏🏻)
Von sings GREAT all by himself on Summer, his voice sounds strong and distinct. So I just don’t get why they insist on having Ben sing so many of the songs in their entirety. Ben is a great backing vocalist, but this thing with having two lead singers just baffle me.
With all due respect to Ben, but when I go to a Sisters gig I want to hear the songs sung by Von (who clearly still can do it, as heard in that video of Summer).
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
ruffers
Overbomber

I think the fear is Von can do this as a one off, and your right he was good last night, but bag he sustain it?

I'll have a little bit with myself he's not as strong tonight.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
darkerandbolder
Road Kill

So much depends on the venue. In 2006, I took a week off work and went to every gig in the Sisters' UK tour.

What I learned then was that the venues's PA system, micing desk and acoustics are just as important as what the band is doing.

There were gigs that were bad, ane gigs that were great. Von and the band did the same thing everytime. A lot is purely down to the venue.

I don't really care about Dylan leaving. To be honest, his Barbie-style look always seemed to me to jar with The Sisters. If he can't take the heat – here's the door.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

darkerandbolder wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 23:19 So much depends on the venue. In 2006, I took a week off work and went to every gig in the Sisters' UK tour.

What I learned then was that the venues's PA system, micing desk and acoustics are just as important as what the band is doing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the 2006 tour, it's widely been regarded as pretty s**t. The Nottingham date was pretty dire.
As to the venue acoustics, while I'm sure it plays a part, the Sisters can sound great one night, and bad on the next IN THE SAME VENUE.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

yeah that's something i got although i didn't have my specs with me or i was too tipsy to see straight but the audio is good

and this one...

that ongoing eternity
Ocean Moves

TheGoodSon wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 16:29 Watching Jans excellent videos from last night (thank you so much for sharing them! 🙏🏻)
Von sings GREAT all by himself on Summer, his voice sounds strong and distinct. So I just don’t get why they insist on having Ben sing so many of the songs in their entirety. Ben is a great backing vocalist, but this thing with having two lead singers just baffle me.
With all due respect to Ben, but when I go to a Sisters gig I want to hear the songs sung by Von (who clearly still can do it, as heard in that video of Summer).
Personally I suspect it's to try and preserve his voice. Having witnessed AE completely loose his voice in Barcelona (Sept 2016 ) and get boo'd at, then come back on stage to offer ticket holders another gig, don't think it's something they want to make a habit of