Joyzine review of Roundhouse 22.09.23

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Forgive me but I’ve wanted to have a Sissies review published for a while now:

https://joyzine.org/2023/10/05/live-rev ... se-london/

(Photos by the amazing Rupert Hitchcox)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Forgiven! ;D :D excellent review Sir, as fair as fair can be. I thought exactly the same thing at Leeds 2020 when they walked on to But Genevieve, in terms of it being an 'album launch party'. Personally I don't see any 'gothic drama' whatsoever, ever, at a Sisters gig, having seen them for the first time in 1991, maybe when I turn round and look at the crowd, in places, yeah, sure, but from the stage no, but that's just my view, and entirely inconsequential by this stage anyway. Indeed, much of the group of folk around the pit / up front on both nights were young and obviously gothically inclined / inspired dudes and dudettes no doubt come to see what all the fuss is about, and all having a wild time and contributing no end to the festivities as a whole :notworthy: never mind all that, great review, top work and cheers for the heads-up on here Frazer 8) :notworthy:

(and now I know what you look like, I'll come say hi next time round ;D )
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hellboy69

Cheers Dave! We were both there in 1991, and lots of highs (& some lows) inbetween but I genuinely enjoyed the Friday and it’s great to know so many HL-ers did too. Thanks for your kind & encouraging words & Look forward to saying hi in person soon!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice one hellboy69, thank you for posting ... :D ... I've linked that to the SistersWiki page ... :D ...
hellboy69

Being645 wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 10:56 Nice one hellboy69, thank you for posting ... :D ... I've linked that to the SistersWiki page ... :D ...
Danke, dear being :notworthy: