Best bootlegs?

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
rivum
Road Kill

hello
I'm looking to expand my sisters collection with some good bootlegs.
Both live and unreleased track compilations.
Where should I start looking?

Thanks in advance!
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @rivum & welcome to Heartland.
The incredible sisters wiki is a good place to get information on recordings
https://sisterswiki.org/Bootlegs

The sharing board here is where you'll find many of them ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

This blog post is a handy starter:
https://dravalanchesvaults.blogspot.com ... ction.html

I assume you are case (A) collecting for the music.
I'm not really qualified to judge the other cases.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
rivum
Road Kill

thanks a lot guys.
Yes, I am case (A). I just want to listen to stuff. I am looking for downloads, not for purchasing so I will peruse what you sent.
Looks like there's a post restriction to access the sharing board on here, which is fair enough.
Do either of you know how many posts I need to contribute before I can access that section?
Pista
Cureboi

rivum wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 21:57 Do either of you know how many posts I need to contribute before I can access that section?
That's a closely guarded secret. Suffice to say it's not many. In the meantime, there are lots of discussions elsewhere on the forums that you might want to contribute to :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rivum
Road Kill

thanks Pista, understood!
manasha
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

best bootlegs from my list:
- transeurope excess,live europe1985 KTS records
-1985-05-30 Floorshow TSP-CD-077 ( swingin Pig records)
-TIME TO CRY VINYL 2 LP
- so dark all over europe ( box set 3 cds limited edition KTSBX002)
-panic in their eyes LP (Live at the Trojan Horse, Den Haag, Netherlands, 26. 5. 1984)
-Adult Movies 2 LP
-Visions of death ( cd POET 9205)
-Germany 1990 ( cd PSCD1167 Red line )
-Life (Italian Book )1988 7 inch vinyl with 2 songs
-MR CD BOX SET ( 8 cds box set)( i bought this jewel box in Madrid Hortaleza for 50000 pesetas , i don t even remember the year...)
-The Neon Dream,1991-08-25 reading england KTS021
- DARK PARADISE1992-06-20 -live at loreley CD DR02 diabolo records
-welcome to the temple of love CD BKCD08 ( one of my favourite )
-Enjoy the muppet show CD SOMCD900
-Europe 1993 RFCD1283 by Red line
-Come together in mercyland CD
-1996 CD GAE222 ( live in offenbach 14 july + demos tracks 15 to 19 .
-Event horizon CD SOMFO298
-bei mir bist du schon, m era luna hildesheim,12.8.2000 CD SOMH 12800

those are the ones that i listen to very often .....most of them i bought in Strasbourg , France, at a shop called FUNHOUSE , the owner Didier was always full of new cds and vinyl, great memories from those years.
Craig Fox
Road Kill

rivum wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 21:57 thanks a lot guys.
Yes, I am case (A). I just want to listen to stuff. I am looking for downloads, not for purchasing so I will peruse what you sent.
Looks like there's a post restriction to access the sharing board on here, which is fair enough.
Do either of you know how many posts I need to contribute before I can access that section?
This - cant wait till Ive proved im not a robot - or a baddie!! I need these new songs in my car and in my life :-)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Craig Fox wrote: 16 May 2022, 17:32
This - cant wait till Ive proved im not a robot - or a baddie!! I need these new songs in my car and in my life :-)
meanwhile as the blog mentioned above says, the Dark Circle site has many recordings. HOWEVER: the reason the Sharing section here is unlocked on merit of being around awhile, is that unscrupulous folk were selling recordings obtained from here for free then burnt to disc etc on ebay for personal profit. Any Heartlander found to so doing with Sisters recordings obtained for free from anywhere -not just the forum- will likewise be banned. Just so you know. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
dawnrazer
Road Kill

I've been holding off going down the bootleg route for years but the lack of available vinyl I need is giving me an itch! Damn this addiction!
In the name of Jesus Christ, won't you fear my name
Being645
Above the Chemist

dawnrazer wrote: 17 May 2022, 09:21 I've been holding off going down the bootleg route for years but the lack of available vinyl I need is giving me an itch! Damn this addiction!
But there's mostly 80-85 stuff on those bootlegs, so nothing new at all ... :wink: ... apart from the wrapping ... and the extreme prices ...
Craig Fox
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 May 2022, 18:04
Craig Fox wrote: 16 May 2022, 17:32
meanwhile as the blog mentioned above says, the Dark Circle site has many recordings. HOWEVER: the reason the Sharing section here is unlocked on merit of being around awhile, is that unscrupulous folk were selling recordings obtained from here for free then burnt to disc etc on ebay for personal profit. Any Heartlander found to so doing with Sisters recordings obtained for free from anywhere -not just the forum- will likewise be banned. Just so you know. :von:
Exactly as it should be its not big and its not clever
Marukomu
Road Kill

Thanks for those links. I was looking for tips on the best pre-Hussey bootlegs and so now have a couple of ideas.
sharedgum
Road Kill

My recommendations below are mainly based on the shows that were either sourced from the soundboard (one of them) or those where the audience level of chatter is minimized to cheering in between the songs (so I am not listening to guys giving each other stock tips during slow breakdowns - happened to me at a show for real). They almost seem like soundboard recordings in mono. I would recommend the following, chronologically:

1984: Acid On The Floor: Live At Melkweg Amsterdam; this is a semi-bootleg that can even be purchased on vinyl from reputable stores; it's a soundboard recording
2000: bei mir bist du schon, m era luna hildesheim; little more chatter than in the shows below, but this is a classic
2003 (April 1): Smoke & Mirrors - Frankfurt
2021 (September 11): London
2022 (March 31): Den Haag
2023 (May 17): Masonic Auditorium San Francisco
2023 (June 6): New York City

My focus is little more on the post Under The Gun era, because the only way to get some of these tracks is via these live shows. Some of these shows may or may not have been as great in person, I can't speak to that, but the recordings are wonderful- at least what was shared in the sharing section here (except for Acid on the Floor, which I have on vinyl). There might be some better bootlegs out there, but my time for exploring is limited.

Good luck!
MoBetaBlues
Road Kill

There are lots of 'radio broadcast' unofficial releases coming out in the next few months, available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Temple-Lo ... C76&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Early-Years-Ra ... 176&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/April-Radio-Br ... 176&sr=8-3
Dan
Overbomber

Yeah but they're not radio broadcasts. It's a lie to try and legitimise a bootleg.

And if people are curious about which gigs are radio broadcasts: as far as I'm aware a Sisters gig has never been broadcast on the radio. They'll either be soundboards or a very good audience recording (since some audience recordings get labelled as soundboards... some people just have cloth ears.)
Pista
Cureboi

MoBetaBlues wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 08:37 There are lots of 'radio broadcast' unofficial releases coming out in the next few months, available on Amazon:

There was a spate of The Cure ones last year. All completely bogus & every single track had been meticulously faded in & out.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 00:48 Yeah but they're not radio broadcasts. It's a lie to try and legitimise a bootleg.

And if people are curious about which gigs are radio broadcasts: as far as I'm aware a Sisters gig has never been broadcast on the radio. They'll either be soundboards or a very good audience recording (since some audience recordings get labelled as soundboards... some people just have cloth ears.)
there was an internet radio broadcast of the 1984 Trojan Horse concert if that counts? but yeah, basically the much bootlegged and circulated recording we all know and love albeit jazzed up a bit. doubt any permission was asked for or obtained! links still live -mp3 (or .flac for a donation) Here

eastmidswhizzkid

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 07:25
there was an internet radio broadcast of the 1984 Trojan Horse concert if that counts? but yeah, basically the much bootlegged and circulated recording we all know and love albeit jazzed up a bit. doubt any permission was asked for or obtained! links still live -mp3 (or .flac for a donation) Here
the best Sister Ray ive ever heard , just for the glorious NOISE at the end & how long the feedback goes on for.

MoBetaBlues
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 10:06
MoBetaBlues wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 08:37 There are lots of 'radio broadcast' unofficial releases coming out in the next few months, available on Amazon:

There was a spate of The Cure ones last year. All completely bogus & every single track had been meticulously faded in & out.
and Siouxsie concerts too; at least they are all reasonably cheap compared to many other recent bootlegs which seem often to be £60+ for a single lp.