2023-11-19 Rock City Nottingham UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Silver_Owl wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 11:13
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 02:59 has anybody got a spare for this one please?
thanks, Lee 8)
There's some on Twickets Lee.
cheers for that Steve. unfortunately i cant afford to go now so i'm expecting you all to have the very bestest of times on my behalf. :D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 12:32
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 02:59 has anybody got a spare for this one please?
thanks, Lee 8)
cheers for that Steve. unfortunately i cant afford to go now so i'm expecting you all to have the very bestest of times on my behalf. :D
That's a fkn bummer mate, you should be auto-guestlisted whenever and wherever necessary. Dear Anyone from the touring party reading this, guestlist Lee immediately please, it is right and proper.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 12:53
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 12:32

That's a fkn bummer mate, you should be auto-guestlisted whenever and wherever necessary. Dear Anyone from the touring party reading this, guestlist Lee immediately please, it is right and proper.
:kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
FatTimBob
Road Kill

Hi, I have 2 spare tix from alt.tickets for tomorrow for The Girls at The City 19.11.23.
Price is 42.06 each, (which is 36.50 face value + 5.56 for the blood sucking scammers).
For anyone interested, there is also a reserved twin room in the Ibis at Fletcher Gate, for 45, but you can take or leave that.
I will be traveling from Manc to Notts sometime after midday, as the hotel lets us in at 3PM.
You can whatsapp me at +33648547395 or facebook me at timothy.shannon@facebook.com or here.
Cheers,
Tim
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Heading off to Rock City soonish, have a brilliant time tonight everyone, all being well we'll bump into each other at some point 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
FatTimBob
Road Kill

What pub are you heading to?
iesus
Overbomber

Anyone spoted the Sax player around? ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 13:49 Anyone spoted the Sax player around? ;D :bat:
Well there was actually a sax player busking on the way to the hotel, so you never know! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It's my birthday today. I've never seen The Sisters on my birthday. I would love to be there tonight but it wasn't to be :(
My birthday wish is that everyone has an amazing time 8)
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Me and Dave are currently in the Tap and Tumbler, we've found a jukebox so Sisters and Metallica have been added! ;D
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Gothicbiff wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 17:04 It's my birthday today. I've never seen The Sisters on my birthday. I would love to be there tonight but it wasn't to be :(
My birthday wish is that everyone has an amazing time 8)
Awwwww, we'd have loved to have seen you here on your birthday, we'll raise a glass or two for you and will hopefully see you at Manchester. :kiss: :D
mh
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 17:05 Me and Dave are currently in the Tap and Tumbler, we've found a jukebox so Sisters and Metallica have been added! ;D
:notworthy:

Was just talking with Don, Andrew & Simon, that's where we're heading for too.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

So have a marvelous party all over there ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Great evening, and it's only just started, got a pic with Ben in the Tap n Tumbler :notworthy: :notworthy: and blathered on about some cross stitch stuff to him :lol: :lol: He was the perfect gent whilst probably thinking what a pair of knobs! ;D Now in the queue for the legendary Rock City! Can't wait! :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

... Good news ... ;D ;D ;D ... Ben's always been such a kind and lovely guy ... :D :D :D ...

And yes indeed, what about your stitching ... now that Kai is in the band ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

Wishing you lots of joy at the show ... ;D ;D ;D ...
mh
Above the Chemist

That was a f-cking belter. More later. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DJW
Road Kill

Based on the clips I’ve been sent, yes there was more live saxophone. Sounded fantastic.
FatTimBob
Road Kill

Back in the tap. That was 'king mega. Guys, I am the twit in the boating jacket, but apparently looking like Ozy Osbourne. Come say hi
mh
Above the Chemist

FatTimBob wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 00:08 Back in the tap. That was 'king mega. Guys, I am the twit in the boating jacket, but apparently looking like Ozy Osbourne. Come say hi
Ahhh, rats cocks, we missed you. Old age and early mornings tomorrow caught up with all of us!
mh
Above the Chemist

Anyway, same setlist as previous, very good sound, Duncan Kilburn made his guest appearance, and we got an extended bit at the end of Lucretia that I haven't seen anyone mention before, so maybe it was new. Von in a good mood, Ben and Kai giving it everything, Chris doing the Kraftwerk bit. Best I've seen them on this tour, and probably for a long time.
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 00:58 Anyway, same setlist as previous ...
Really? In Newcastle the setlist apparently consisted of only 17 tracks without an encore break ... but perhaps that's also wrong ... :?: ...

Anyway, the return of the saxophone parts ... oh you lucky folks ... ;D ;D ;D ... hopefully some videos or recordings turn up from these events ...
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Yep, absolutely top gig. Von in good voice, band in great spirits, and I'm so glad I got to hear the sax. Was convinced it would be a one off. Roll on Glasgow!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
mh
Above the Chemist

Setlist confirmation:

Jeep/Det
Don't Drive
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
More
I will call you
Marian
Caligula
Giving Ground
Genevieve
I was wrong
Here
On the beach
When I'm on fire
Temple
-
Sandstorm
Dominion
Lucretia
Corrosion

Duncan Kilburn did Sandstorm, stayed for Dominion and did the sax solo in that, then also stayed for Lucretia and played during a new instrumental part they added at the end.
mh
Above the Chemist

Lucretia with extended section (not my video)

LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 09:57 Lucretia with extended section (not my video)

Very exiting stuff. That sounds wicked!
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.