2023-11-18. NX, Newcastle UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 22:38
ruffers wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 22:25 Lucretia. And yes, live sax shizzle.
So who was playing?!
Did Chris whip a sax out from under the Doktor and start gyrating round like that bloke from the lost boys film?! :lol: :lol:
Can I just say dear dearest that this is a funny as fk image :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
JJMC
Road Kill

More Sax Appeal from the NX gig. I was upstairs front right and captured a few hundred images and some videos - phone got very hot.

I'll post more if anyone interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DwtCwEDkiZPaYBkz8
Hic
Being645
Wiki Wizard

JJMC wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 22:59 More Sax Appeal from the NX gig. I was upstairs front right and captured a few hundred images and some videos - phone got very hot.

I'll post more if anyone interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DwtCwEDkiZPaYBkz8
Yes, please ... :D ... many thanks for the full Sandstorm/Dominion video under the above link ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... that was just a great moment in a great show ... :D :D :D ... how lucky all those who could be there ... ;D ...

Anyway, it should be nice to have some more stuff to fill the concert page in the SistersWiki with ...or at least something to link to ... :) :wink: ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_18-Nov-2023
JJMC
Road Kill

I'll get them onto YT as soon as I can. Here's the show starter Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard to begin with.

Hic
JJMC
Road Kill

YT upload of Sandstorm / Dominion / Mother Russia

Hic
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Wonderful !!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... ;D ... already integrated ... ;D ...
JJMC
Road Kill

YT Upload This Corrosion / Goodnight Newcastle

Hic
JJMC
Road Kill

YT Upload Marian (but I missed the bloody start - phone was red hot)

Hic
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thanks for filming and sharing these :D :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
barbaralesz
Road Kill

No wonder it was red hot :lol: Thank you so much for sharing!
JJMC wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 23:13 YT Upload Marian (but I missed the bloody start - phone was red hot)

It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Fallon
Amphetamine Filth

JJMC wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 23:13 YT Upload Marian (but I missed the bloody start - phone was red hot)

This is cool, and I am very pleased to see Eldo back up and running.

You know what would be cooler than Ben bolstering the vocal low-end on Marian though?

I feel like that song, the whole 'joke' of it is that it has a single, morose baritone through it, and if it's not really on the table for Eldritch to carry it that way anymore, they should move the whole song into a funky, high-end dance vibe.

I'm being serious here, because only a true maniac would deny the influence of Motown soul (and its subsequent evolution into disco) on the Sisters, but wouldn't it be cool if they left Eldritch singing in that more breathy, airy mid-range tone, and put some huge disco stabs and Kai falsettos over the song?

I'm sure you all think i'm a lunatic, I just think it would be brilliant. I think if Kai's here for the long haul, I'd want the band to get weirder and utilise those skills in an interesting way. It'd beat having the Sisters start writing songs that sound like Esprit D'air.