Official website concert videos

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
WhyNot
Road Kill

It looks like they've been gone for quite a while, does anyone know where to find these videos ?

https://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/sh ... index1.htm

I've tried the Wayback machine but got nothing :( thanks for your help !
Pista
Cureboi

WhyNot wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 11:34 It looks like they've been gone for quite a while, does anyone know where to find these videos ?

Here's the Susanne one
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
WhyNot
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 11:43
WhyNot wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 11:34 It looks like they've been gone for quite a while, does anyone know where to find these videos ?

Here's the Susanne one
Thanks ! :D do you know what concert it's from by any chance ?
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

I believe it's from Pukkelpop in Hasselt, 2001.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
WhyNot
Road Kill

Jan wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 16:47 I believe it's from Pukkelpop in Hasselt, 2001.
Thank you :notworthy: I wish we could have access to these concerts they recorded, I only found a partial footage on youtube filmed by an audience member (which is already great btw :wink:)
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was just wondering yesterday what happened to the official concert videos which were being edited by the late Chris Sheehan
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

H. Blackrose wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 00:09 I was just wondering yesterday what happened to the official concert videos which were being edited by the late Chris Sheehan
Did they not fall victim to the fire in Adam's studio.... :?: ...
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 00:33
H. Blackrose wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 00:09 I was just wondering yesterday what happened to the official concert videos which were being edited by the late Chris Sheehan
It's all good. AE just figured he'd wait until technology advanced enough to where product would produce itself and he wouldn't have to put in the effort to even promote or sell it and fans would be reasonably happy (see YouTube full concert recordings).

It really does get back to the "new album" joke. The album is done, it's out there. In fact, you can sequence it yourself by choosing the best performance of every "new" song and you can even have video!

Does anyone in their right mind really think Von is going to enter the studio in earnest and lay down 87 vocal tracks of Drive On Ice?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
H. Blackrose

Electrochrome wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 01:36 Does anyone in their right mind really think Von is going to enter the studio in earnest and lay down 87 vocal tracks of Drive On Ice?
Only if he loses a leg to gangrene or some other reason why he can't go on stage any more, and he gets really bored
LyanvisAberrant

Neither of these events are familiar to me, where can i find elaboration? Haha
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
H. Blackrose

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 11:52
Neither of these events are familiar to me, where can i find elaboration? Haha
Biography on the official website wrote:2004

Thinking. And not doing too much with that filmed footage, as it turns out. Adam is moving house. And then burning it down. Much smoke. No gigs.

Sister Chris Sheehan starts compiling some of the band's filmed concert footage for a future DVD release...