An overdue hello

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Hi guys!

I just wanted to say hi to you. I joined the forum in November, before the concert in Poland, just as the cancellings started. I remembered the Sister’s website referencing the forum. I guessed you would be the most updated party and I wasn’t disappointed. I got much more that I expected.
I got to know TSOM embarrassingly late, even though with my background and taste they should’ve been my favorite band for a long time. I was listening to Dominion and I was „wait a minute, I know this” and after some digging, I realized that the text reminded me of Shelley. Then I started reading the other texts and fell in love. I’m going through the “text” section, and I couldn’t be more thankful to you guys!

Even though I studied English literature and linguistics, and my literary taste mostly overlaps with Von’s, I don’t get all the references in texts. I have problems, especially, when two words/phrases have two meanings because they sound the same, (but are written differently). Maybe it’s because I’m Polish, or maybe because I’ve never been good in deciphering poetry :P

Anyways, thank you!
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Welcome to the forum! One of the main reasons I like the Sisters so much is that every time you think about Von's lyrics, you see something you haven't noticed before - that's true for all of us I suspect.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

No such thing as too late! Welcome to the forums :)
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hi barbaralesz, welcome here ... :D ...
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Welcome to Heartland from someone who loves English literature (I'm German), but also doesn't get Von's meaning at first glance most of the time.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Kutan wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 14:22 Welcome to Heartland from someone who loves English literature (I'm German), but also doesn't get Von's meaning at first glance most of the time.
Thank you!
German literature is amazing as well. I've just read that Never Land (A Fragment) may have been inspired by Faust. I also read Schiller in high school. Not bad background to have :D
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Welcome to Heartland :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Discovering The 'Sisters too late ? for what ? too late to buy the latest album on the day of its release sure, but that applies to all the fanbase under 50 hehe. Youve turmed up in time to see them live which is the best way to experience them anyway. (ALL the ways of experiencing them are equally "best" so my statement stands 8) )
Welcome to Heartland. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: