"He's not been well"

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Well, the last time they played Leeds was in 2020, while in 2020 and 2021 the UK was the only place they played at all, plus those great gigs starting and finalising the last tour in 2023 ... the last time they had played Cologne before this tour was in 2019 ... and still that's nothing compared to other places who had to wait much longer to see The Sisters play there again like the US, not to mention all the continents, countries, cities and towns they've never visited at all ... :wink: ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 01:46 Well, the last time they played Leeds was in 2020, while in 2020 and 2021 the UK was the only place they played at all, plus those great gigs starting and finalising the last tour in 2023 ... the last time they had played Cologne before this tour was in 2019 ... and still that's nothing compared to other places who had to wait much longer to see The Sisters play there again like the US, not to mention all the continents, countries, cities and towns they've never visited at all ... :wink: ...
This is factually and statistically correct, though fails to acknowledge that the band aren't from any other place than Leeds :wink: it is always important for the band to PLYC, this is not open to debate :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 00:40 And since I moved to Leeds.... Nothing

Although it's much easier to bump into a Sister of mercy at a festival or in the street, to be fair
Or delivering your post :lol: :notworthy:

But yes, Charlie agrees, same for her since moving to Leeds, henceforth it is imperitive that the band PLYC asap :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Elamanamou19
Road Kill

Being a Southerner I quite like Leeds! Great for gigs and shopping! 😍
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 16:18
Being645 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 01:46 Well, the last time they played Leeds was in 2020, while in 2020 and 2021 the UK was the only place they played at all, plus those great gigs starting and finalising the last tour in 2023 ... the last time they had played Cologne before this tour was in 2019 ... and still that's nothing compared to other places who had to wait much longer to see The Sisters play there again like the US, not to mention all the continents, countries, cities and towns they've never visited at all ... :wink: ...
This is factually and statistically correct, though fails to acknowledge that the band aren't from any other place than Leeds :wink: it is always important for the band to PLYC, this is not open to debate :lol:
Also, since the Leeds gig in 2020 the band have played London five times.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Think ive seen the Sisters in Leeds more than anywhere with poss exception of That London. Hometown gigs are special especially when half the Heartland are there.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I always enjoy seeing the Sisters in Leeds. Though it has got a bit posh! I remember when I first saw the Merrion Centre a million years ago and thinking that was very impressive. We didn't really have a history of shopping centres over our way for very obvious reasons. Leeds had good record stores too. Bad, Jumbo and Crash were very groovy. I still hate that step in the middle of the Fenton though! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 09:32 I always enjoy seeing the Sisters in Leeds. Though it has got a bit posh! I remember when I first saw the Merrion Centre a million years ago and thinking that was very impressive. We didn't really have a history of shopping centres over our way for very obvious reasons. Leeds had good record stores too. Bad, Jumbo and Crash were very groovy. I still hate that step in the middle of the Fenton though! :wink:
Crash, Jumbo and the Fenton Step all still going strong, though the Fenton Step is nowhere near as annoying as the Fenton 'sold our souls to the Otley Run Dollar' policy. On the one hand, theoretically not so bad, as they've converted the barrel yard and back street into a potentially groovy little free festival / rave type area, on a Saturday at least. On the other hand, the music is sub-par drum and bass type shyte (ie not even good drum and bass) and 99% of the clientele are Otley Runners, in whose company the Step offers a wistful window into a better past :lol:
Elamanamou19
Road Kill

Nice hotel The Marriot in the square. Very central. Can’t remember the square?