Hello! New fan here looking for some bootlegs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Metalfist
Road Kill

Hi all,

I have been interested in the Sisters for quite some time know but didn't know much about them (except songs like This Corrosion and ofcourse Temple of Love).
That was until I took a deep dive since I got tickets for the show in January 2024 in Trix Antwerp (Belgium). Got hooked since then and came across a bootleg that should be available here?
In the meantime, if someone can point me to some must hear liveshows? Favourite songs right now are:
Under the Gun
Temple of Love
Vision Thing
This Corrosion
Detonation Boulevard
More
Dominion / Mother Russia

Thanks!
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @Metalfist & welcome to :hl: .
If you hang around & chat for a bit then you might be surprised what pops up ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Welcome to HL Metalfist :D

A total of 10 posts will give you access to the Sharing section, wherein you will be spoiled for choice regarding recordings spanning all 40-odd years of Sisters gigs. And for recommendations to which bootleg recordings stand out more than others, there will be a few similar threads in the Sisters Chat section of the forum, it's a semi-regularly asked question and always plenty of input. Have fun 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Metalfist
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 18:36 Hello @Metalfist & welcome to :hl: .
If you hang around & chat for a bit then you might be surprised what pops up ;)
Hahaha, yeah I read about it that the sharing section is only available to specific users. I'm curious to see what is available, I'm a big Bob Dylan fan and am in love with ExpectingRain when it comes to bootlegs.
I'm hoping for a same amount of variety :notworthy:
Metalfist
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 22:43 Welcome to HL Metalfist :D

A total of 10 posts will give you access to the Sharing section, wherein you will be spoiled for choice regarding recordings spanning all 40-odd years of Sisters gigs. And for recommendations to which bootleg recordings stand out more than others, there will be a few similar threads in the Sisters Chat section of the forum, it's a semi-regularly asked question and always plenty of input. Have fun 8)
Great! I didn't know the exact amount of posts. I'm very curious :D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Baby Doc Chevalier, homocidal maniac & 2nd generation Haitian dictator, son of the slightly more homocidal but relatively less maniacal & ,1st generation Haitian dictator, Papa Doc Chevalier, was once asked if he feared his enemies.

He replied "Je ne pas des enemies. ils sont tout mort".
Or in the riddled-with-it-and-shortest-reign-over-us-eh-sausage-fingers! king's english "i have no enemies. they are all dead."

Likewise, here in the Heartland, there are NO bootlegs.

"je ne pas de contrabande. il sont Ilkley Moor (bar tat)". Or something.

Only concert recordings once enslaved to Mammon (Costas Mammon, the greek Del Boy, who makes blue-&-pinky-swirly vinyl versions -ltd edtn of 12 & a half- of the interview in Spiral Scratch and sells it to feckin eejits for as much gold as he can eat) but now emancipated, LIBERATED and freely distributed amongst the faithful by the faithful for the mutual benefit and satisfaction of the community, in the Utopian pursuit of Everyone Owning Everything. 'S Anarcho-bleeding-syndicalism innit.

Also we are Officially The Unofficial Forum of The Sisters Of Mercy and as such are unofficially allowed to record and share whatever-the-fuck-we-like that the band generates musically but doesnt Officially Release*. So theres an awful lot of top, top quality recordings of concerts available here that have NEVER been bootlegs. Should one turn up for sale on ebay we know we have a rat in the pack and its dig your own holes time, wiseguy.

BOOTLEG RELATED BANS ARE PERMANENT & IRREVERSIBLE.

*Confused? Dont be , we had a Chairman once who was the Head Gardener. Which probably explains his internationally acclaimed avacado's. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

:notworthy: As ever eastmidswhizzkid put it better than I ever could.

Thanks brother Lee :notworthy:

And welcome Metalfist
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... well put, Brother Lee ... ;D :notworthy: ... and yes, hi there, Metalfist ... :) ...

Btw, YCBTO - yes or no? ...
ExPsichonaut
Road Kill

Don't start with that, one day you will discover yourself full of bootlegs you will never listen to...as we did
crunk_posby
Road Kill

More than bootlegs - I'd love new Sisters content! I'm pining after all these new songs that I can only hear live when they happen to come to the states.

I was excited to see that there were some "new" Record Store Releases the last few years - the BBC collection was pretty solid, the Body and Soul/Walk Away combo makes it a little more convenient to listen to than playing the individual releases. :P
Pista
Cureboi

crunk_posby wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 05:03 More than bootlegs - I'd love new Sisters content! I'm pining after all these new songs that I can only hear live when they happen to come to the states.

I was excited to see that there were some "new" Record Store Releases the last few years - the BBC collection was pretty solid, the Body and Soul/Walk Away combo makes it a little more convenient to listen to than playing the individual releases. :P
Hello & welcome to :hl: :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity