Dark Christmas In London

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
WGEberhart
Road Kill

It says on the wiki that Dark Christmas In London was 'officially' leaked. Does anyone know what, if any, involvement the band had in it?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

If it's called "Dark Christmas" it's a good bet that the band had nothing to do with it. I'm unaware of it, is it another bootleg?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

WGEberhart wrote: 08 Jun 2024, 15:29 It says on the wiki that Dark Christmas In London was 'officially' leaked. Does anyone know what, if any, involvement the band had in it?
I know nothing of the facts, but given the wording, I think that undoubtedly what happened is: Von recorded the gig, handed the tapes to some bootlegger and said "go nuts", probably just to f**k over the record company
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

H. Blackrose wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 03:36
WGEberhart wrote: 08 Jun 2024, 15:29 It says on the wiki that Dark Christmas In London was 'officially' leaked. Does anyone know what, if any, involvement the band had in it?
I know nothing of the facts, but given the wording, I think that undoubtedly what happened is: Von recorded the gig, handed the tapes to some bootlegger and said "go nuts", probably just to f**k over the record company
but it doesnt f**k the record company up. if bootlegs f**ked record companys as the most bootlegged band of the 80's he wouldnt have needed to go on strike cuz east-west would have been bankrupt. financially as well as morally. .An official leak would more than likely be an official at the venue recording through the desk. Guarantee its not the band.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
WGEberhart
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 02:03 If it's called "Dark Christmas" it's a good bet that the band had nothing to do with it. I'm unaware of it, is it another bootleg?
https://sisterswiki.org/Dark_Christmas_In_London

Its a bootleg recorded at Brixton Academy in 1993, its just that the wiki mentions it being 'officially' leaked and I was wondering what this meant. Although as others have pointed out it does seem unlikely that the band was involved.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Slightly adjusted the text ... :wink: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 11:06 Slightly adjusted the text ... :wink: ...
top job Sister Sabine :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
WGEberhart
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 11:06 Slightly adjusted the text ... :wink: ...
:lol: