They didn't play this corrosion

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ruffers
Overbomber

Year 2000 article, but they apparently forged the template for the Chemical Brothers.

https://amp.theguardian.com/culture/200 ... sfeatures3

As a massive fan of both I've not seen the connection but maybe that's just me
Chucking another log on
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Von used to say that crowds didn't understand that they played This Corrosion as punishment
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

2000, so "Trip the light fantastic" tour? I went to the Rock City gig, pretty sure they didn't play This Corrosion there either.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Punters say it was played. Reviewer left early, inconsolable?

They apparently played it three times on that tour, with the Forum show being the single UK performance.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

It wasn't played for a while at one point, prolly early 2000s to 2006ish? They do like to rotate the classics, Alice was out of the set late 90s, More til 2011, Marian etc. First & Last has been missing for a while so it must be its turn at present. Looking forward to it being rotated back in, when/if ever that may occur.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
ruffers
Overbomber

So if they didn't play it next time you saw them, would you miss it? Feel cheated? Relieved?
Chucking another log on
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 09:10 So if they didn't play it next time you saw them, would you miss it? Feel cheated? Relieved?
I'd be chuffed to bits if they replaced it with a cover of Out Of Control :wink: :notworthy: which is as likely as my preferred setlist of unreleased tunes only.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
sultan2075
Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 09:10 So if they didn't play it next time you saw them, would you miss it? Feel cheated? Relieved?
I'd be fine with them not playing it, because I'm a bootleg-collecting obsessive who has heard hundreds of different performances of it. But the average gig-goer is not, and probably would come away disappointed if they didn't play some of the hits - Temple, This Corrosion, Love Me Like a Reptile, etc.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I probably wouldn't notice it missing, I've been to many gigs where they didn't play it. I'd much rather have FALAA or Vision Thing.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise