USA Tour 2024

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I really didn't look closely at the venues since I'm miffed they're not coming to Tampa or St. Pete (Jannus in St. Pete would be an amazing spot for them). The only Florida stop is, strangely, St. Augustine.

But with less than a month before the start, looking at the available tickets in a lot of these venues (e.g., Radio City in the other thread), and the sometimes absurd prices, nothing is selling. Those seats above the Main Bar in Detroit are like $250...! Maybe I'm overreacting and there will be a surge with a couple of weeks before shows, but also wondering if they can't sell enough seats in a place like Radio City (5,000 capacity), or that amazing theater in Detroit, that they cancel some shows or the whole tour. Am I overreacting?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

What are the usual prices for tickets over there? 250 dollars is five times what they charge to see The Sisters over here in the UK.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Out of interest, when did the SIsters last play a 5000 venue on a tour?
As opposed to a festival.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

ribbons69 wrote: 18 Aug 2024, 22:54 What are the usual prices for tickets over there? 250 dollars is five times what they charge to see The Sisters over here in the UK.
My pre-sale tickets for Charlotte NC, was around $75 USD a pop, but apparently Charlotte has a bit of a reputation for being a bad place for pre-sales for concerts, so its possible I got a deal to try and push more sales. :innocent:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Checked the current "floor/pit/standing" medium prices ... fees are not always included. Sometimes balcony tickets or such for
back in the venue are much cheaper and there are almost always high-price tickets at above $200, but not at every venue...

* Saturday, 14 September 2024 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA
Floor $78 Live Nation

* Sunday, 15 September 2024 - Roxian Theatre, McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Floor $71 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 17 September 2024 - The Lyric Theater, Baltimore, MD, USA
Floor $85.50 Ticketmaster

* Wednesday, 18 September 2024 - The Met, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Floor $76.17 Live Nation

* Friday, 20 September 2024 - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
Floor $125.70 Ticketmaster

* Sunday, 22 September 2024 - MGM Music Hall at Fenway, Boston, MA, USA
Floor $78.25 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 24 September 2024 - The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA
Floor $71 Live Nation

* Thursday, 26 September 2024 - St Augustine Amphitheatre, St Augstine, FL, USA
Floor $89.50 Ticketmaster

* Friday, 27 September 2024 - Coca-Cola Roxy, Atlanta, GA, USA
Floor $76 Live Nation

* Sunday, 29 September 2024 - ACL Live at the Moody, Austin, TX, USA
Floor $69.49 VENUE

* Tuesday, 01 October 2024 - South Side Ballroom, Dallas, TX, USA
Floor $65 Ticketmaster

* Thursday, 03 October 2024 - The Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Saturday, 05 October 2024 - Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre at SDSU, San Diego, CA, USA
Floor $89.75 Ticketmaster

* Sunday, 06 October 2024 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Floor $120 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 08 October 2024 - The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Wednesday, 09 October 2024 - The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Friday, 11 October 2024 - Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Floor $86.90 E-Tix

* Saturday, 12 October 2024 - Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Floor $86.90 E-Tix

* Tuesday, 15 October 2024 - Orpheum, Vancouver, BC, Canada
ALL SEATED CA$ 105 (Orchestra)

* Wednesday, 16 October 2024 - Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
Floor $69.50 Ticketmaster

* Friday, 18 October 2024 - The Union Event Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Floor $59.50 Ticketmaster

* Saturday, 19 October 2024 - m*****n Ballroom, Denver, CO, USA
Floor $83.10 axs

* Tuesday, 22 October 2024 - The Fillmore, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Wednesday, 23 October 2024 . Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL, USA
Floor $91 Live Nation

* Friday, 25 October 2024 - TempleLive Cleveland Masonic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Floor $75 Ticketmaster

* Saturday, 26 October 2024 - HISTORY, Toronto, ON, Canada
Floor CA$97.60 Ticketmaster
Electrochrome

I can only assume their costs have gone way up: one pound only buys $1.30 now, inflation coming down here but things are still just more expensive, the venues are passing that along and probably just jacking up prices anyway. Some of the smaller markets look more reasonable, but in general it's expensive for The Sisters. I'd like to say I'd "expect" The Sisters to be $50-75, but I'm also thinking of a time before COVID destroyed the world.

The venues with GA/floor admission will probably be fine, it's the seated venues with proper orchestra sections that look way empty. I will remind myself that I saw them at House of Blues in Disneyworld(!) in 2006 and I remember walking in 45 minutes before showtime and it was...VERY sparse. Eventually the floor was packed (the smoke helped, too), but I doubt the balcony was packed.

And I was wrong, Radio City capacity is just under 6,000...!
Depprocksfarfar

As said in another thread; this tour was a bad move. In so many ways. Who ever convinced the band that this was good idea should be fired, and the very, VERY poor ticket sales is the proof of that.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh well, it's still a month to go ... :wink: ... but of course, the US are not like Europe ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Out of curiosity (that killed the cat) I tried to see avaliability (selling) of tickets for the first shows, I might be daft, but it looks like they are sold out or nearly sold out.
Depprocksfarfar

Bartek wrote: 29 Aug 2024, 11:04 Out of curiosity (that killed the cat) I tried to see avaliability (selling) of tickets for the first shows, I might be daft, but it looks like they are sold out or nearly sold out.
None of the shows are sold out and far from it. Ticketmaster are playing tricks on us.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That was the sexond option I thought of. So ticketmaster is just ticketmastering to get even more from selling tickets.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 19 Aug 2024, 16:40 Checked the current "floor/pit/standing" medium prices ... fees are not always included. Sometimes balcony tickets or such for
back in the venue are much cheaper and there are almost always high-price tickets at above $200, but not at every venue...

* Saturday, 14 September 2024 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA
Floor $78 Live Nation

* Sunday, 15 September 2024 - Roxian Theatre, McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Floor $71 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 17 September 2024 - The Lyric Theater, Baltimore, MD, USA
Floor $85.50 Ticketmaster

* Wednesday, 18 September 2024 - The Met, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Floor $76.17 Live Nation

* Friday, 20 September 2024 - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
Floor $125.70 Ticketmaster

* Sunday, 22 September 2024 - MGM Music Hall at Fenway, Boston, MA, USA
Floor $78.25 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 24 September 2024 - The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA
Floor $71 Live Nation

* Thursday, 26 September 2024 - St Augustine Amphitheatre, St Augstine, FL, USA
Floor $89.50 Ticketmaster

* Friday, 27 September 2024 - Coca-Cola Roxy, Atlanta, GA, USA
Floor $76 Live Nation

* Sunday, 29 September 2024 - ACL Live at the Moody, Austin, TX, USA
Floor $69.49 VENUE

* Tuesday, 01 October 2024 - South Side Ballroom, Dallas, TX, USA
Floor $65 Ticketmaster

* Thursday, 03 October 2024 - The Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Saturday, 05 October 2024 - Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre at SDSU, San Diego, CA, USA
Floor $89.75 Ticketmaster

* Sunday, 06 October 2024 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Floor $120 Ticketmaster

* Tuesday, 08 October 2024 - The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Wednesday, 09 October 2024 - The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Friday, 11 October 2024 - Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Floor $86.90 E-Tix

* Saturday, 12 October 2024 - Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Floor $86.90 E-Tix

* Tuesday, 15 October 2024 - Orpheum, Vancouver, BC, Canada
ALL SEATED CA$ 105 (Orchestra)

* Wednesday, 16 October 2024 - Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
Floor $69.50 Ticketmaster

* Friday, 18 October 2024 - The Union Event Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Floor $59.50 Ticketmaster

* Saturday, 19 October 2024 - m*****n Ballroom, Denver, CO, USA
Floor $83.10 axs

* Tuesday, 22 October 2024 - The Fillmore, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Floor $82 Live Nation

* Wednesday, 23 October 2024 . Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL, USA
Floor $91 Live Nation

* Friday, 25 October 2024 - TempleLive Cleveland Masonic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Floor $75 Ticketmaster

* Saturday, 26 October 2024 - HISTORY, Toronto, ON, Canada
Floor CA$97.60 Ticketmaster
These are all general admission or floor seats. The cheapest way to a concert here.
In Phoenix there are very few seats. I paid $325 for one on presale. Ticketmaster.

Denver is the same. Very few seats. I paid $365. Denver is selling through a special setup.

After last year many bands realized that the US has a renewed interest in 80s music. And that the the US is a giant money maker. But 2023 the venues were about 3000. This tour is 5000. I think TSOM should have stayed at 3000.

Even without sold out shows they’ll make money.

I’m happy they are just playing US.

Oh and I’m not wealthy. 😀 I will not be taking a vacation to Hawaii this year. The money is in tickets.
This place is death with walls

Some kind of innocence is measured out in years
You don't know what it's like to listen to your fears
Gutterdandi
Road Kill

There's a newish venue in Boston down by Fenway Park, Danzig played there recently and did good business. SoM are playing there this September, and there are scads of seats available, not to mention GA floor tickets. The section of seats we had for Danzig was sold out, and as of now, the same section has sold exactly two tickets for the Sisters. I wouldn't be surprised if this show gets moved to a smaller venue, or that the tour gets cancelled altogether. There's loads of rock shows here in September when the Universities start up again, so SoM is up against a lot of heavy competition. I can't figure out how they thought this tour was a good idea.
Last edited by Gutterdandi on 01 Sep 2024, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Gutterdandi
Road Kill

Electrochrome wrote: 18 Aug 2024, 14:30 I really didn't look closely at the venues since I'm miffed they're not coming to Tampa or St. Pete (Jannus in St. Pete would be an amazing spot for them). The only Florida stop is, strangely, St. Augustine.

But with less than a month before the start, looking at the available tickets in a lot of these venues (e.g., Radio City in the other thread), and the sometimes absurd prices, nothing is selling. Those seats above the Main Bar in Detroit are like $250...! Maybe I'm overreacting and there will be a surge with a couple of weeks before shows, but also wondering if they can't sell enough seats in a place like Radio City (5,000 capacity), or that amazing theater in Detroit, that they cancel some shows or the whole tour. Am I overreacting?
No, you're not overreacting. They are selling very little at MGM Music Hall at Fenway in Boston. There's loads of shows coming up here, it was a bad time for SoM to try to move to larger venues. I expect the show to either be moved to a smaller venue or cancelled altogether in Boston. Whole sections that bands like Danzig sold out have barely sold anything for the SoM show. I don't know why Von doesn't at least put out MP3s of good new songs like "Don't Drive On Ice" and "Eyes of Caligula" to generate some excitement around the band here. Seems self-destructive at this point.
ruffers
Overbomber

Detroit was $75.50 standing, now $25 in the Back to School sale....

I guess Dynamic Pricing can go both ways :lol:
Chucking another log on
Gutterdandi
Road Kill

ruffers wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 15:48 Detroit was $75.50 standing, now $25 in the Back to School sale....

After that price drop, the next step is "tour cancelled."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Got my abacus out and did some maths on the NY gig - right now there are at least 2392 tickets left based on the ticket map. I say "at least" because, on the plan, if there are more than 100 seats left for a section it doesn't give you a precise number, just "100+". There are 700+ tickets available for the Orchestra section alone, and they're asking $180+ for "obstructed view" tix (I'm guessing behind the desk?) which seems in-effing-sane.
Based on the venue's stated capacity of 5960 seats it's going to be barely half full, which will s-u-c-k for The Girls, but evenmoreso for the support act - bad enough they've got to go on before the band people came to see, but to look out and see so many empty seats must be demoralising.

They've sold at most 3500 tickets - for that they could have packed out the Beacon. That venue's playing host to Frampton, Tom Jones, and JAMC/Psych Furs over the coming months, bands with arguably bigger followings than TSOM. So whose bright idea was it to book a venue that they couldn't fill?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

I'm curious how the Charlotte show will go, as I wrote previously in this thread my city, despite being one of the fastest growing cities in the US, it still has a reputation for last minute sales, but I can tell you that there is a pretty under-represented Goth/Alternative scene here so it could be a big boom or bust. Im not sure how it is over in Europe but 'Goth' as a subculture, and post-punk as a music genre has really caught on amongst gen z-ers (source: im on the oldest end of gen-z.) That being said Gen-z is also one of the most broke generations right now in terms of money so that could be a contributing factor.

From the NYC show last year, there were quite a few younger folks in the mix too, as well as older folks, but its possible that NYC brought in quite a few of the Southern East Coasters from out of state to make the drive up to NYC like I did but since Charlotte, NC is smack dab in the middle of the east coast it is possible that broke up the people coming and going to that show. These are just all theories on my end though. Im not sure how the other cities that aren't on the east coast are looking in terms of sales, but similar stories could be responsible.
Electrochrome

EvilBastard wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 21:00 Got my abacus out and did some maths on the NY gig - right now there are at least 2392 tickets left based on the ticket map. I say "at least" because, on the plan, if there are more than 100 seats left for a section it doesn't give you a precise number, just "100+". There are 700+ tickets available for the Orchestra section alone, and they're asking $180+ for "obstructed view" tix (I'm guessing behind the desk?) which seems in-effing-sane.
Based on the venue's stated capacity of 5960 seats it's going to be barely half full, which will s-u-c-k for The Girls, but evenmoreso for the support act - bad enough they've got to go on before the band people came to see, but to look out and see so many empty seats must be demoralising.

They've sold at most 3500 tickets - for that they could have packed out the Beacon. That venue's playing host to Frampton, Tom Jones, and JAMC/Psych Furs over the coming months, bands with arguably bigger followings than TSOM. So whose bright idea was it to book a venue that they couldn't fill?
$180 for obstructed view?! Yes, that is behind the soundboard, but I doubt they'll sell a single ticket anywhere near the rear exits. I think they'll move this show: Webster Hall, Irving Plaza, Hammerstein, Music Hall of Williamsburg, or some other venue in Brooklyn. No way they can come close to selling out the Beacon since it's all seated, and that's under 3K. And please, no Terminal 5....thought that setup could suit them in a strange way. Anywhere it is, I'm bummed I can't be there, and really bummed that they skipped the Tampa/St. Pete area and are going to St. Augustine(?) while booking freaking Radio City Music Hall.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 21:00 There are 700+ tickets available for the Orchestra section alone, and they're asking $180+ for "obstructed view" tix (I'm guessing behind the desk?) which seems in-effing-sane.
Based on the venue's stated capacity of 5960 seats it's going to be barely half full, which will s-u-c-k for The Girls,

They've sold at most 3500 tickets
3500 tickets is a lot more than any venue the band played on their last UK tour (aside from the Roundhouse in London) so I'm sure Von would be happy with that.
Have I read on here that some of these venues are all seater? I'm not sure if the Sisters have played an all seated venue in the UK in their entire history, maybe Birmingham NEC in the early 90's was all seated?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
EvilBastard
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 23:49 3500 tickets is a lot more than any venue the band played on their last UK tour (aside from the Roundhouse in London) so I'm sure Von would be happy with that.
Have I read on here that some of these venues are all seater? I'm not sure if the Sisters have played an all seated venue in the UK in their entire history, maybe Birmingham NEC in the early 90's was all seated?
Radio City is all-seated, NEC was floor-standing. Apart from the NEC I don't think I've ever seen them play an all-seated venue. 3500 is the most they could have sold, but I suspect the NYC venue will be half-empty at best (which makes the merch stands easier, but). I wouldn't mind if they moved it - I'd rather be stood shoulder-to-sweaty-shoulder with the black-clad faithful than sat sedately in comfortable seats. My favourite venues were Distance Over Time at Brixton and Superbang at Terminal 1 (still can't believe I got to see The Ramones play on the same bill).
Hank Moody
sharedgum
Road Kill

OK, when I go to ticketmaster.com and click on the RCMH show, I still see like only 1/4 of tickets sold, and that's being generous. In one of my earlier posts, I was also recommending moving this show to a smaller venue, but I could also see that it could be logistically challenging to do something like this when people paid vastly different amounts for their tickets depending on the chosen section. The new venue might not be able to accommodate all these distinctions (if a show was moved from one GA club to another GA club, that would all be easier). And I don't think that they have it in them to try to refund any price difference even if they wanted to. Good luck to all those who are traveling, and I am hoping that it all works out for you!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Gutterdandi wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 18:34
ruffers wrote: 03 Sep 2024, 15:48 Detroit was $75.50 standing, now $25 in the Back to School sale....

After that price drop, the next step is "tour cancelled."
Already happened to the NYC show, and that was even before the price drop. :roll:
Hank Moody
Depprocksfarfar

Seems they are finally changing to smaller arenas where's possible. New York is now at Brooklyn Paramount, Baltimore at Baltimore Soundstage, San Francisco (first night) at The Fillmore etc, etc. Most likely more changes to follow very soon. Good news is, the tour is still on!
Todashi

So I'm just gonna leave this here: If they'd released the new songs, they wouldn't be downsizing this US tour.

Promoters would have something to push, old fans who'd fallen away would have something to let them re-engage with the band, and new fans would have something they could stream in advance of the shows. We're in a golden age for bands with a legacy - lots of them are making bank again, trading off having back catalogues of hits built at a time when they were given time to develop and mature. That's now extremely difficult for new acts to do.

And again, there's nothing wrong with performing music on your own terms, but there are consequences to making it willfully difficult to share new music.

It's a remarkable tribute to the band that they've been able to sustain a touring career, but this here is where it ends - you can't open up new markets and expand your reach without engaging in the process of promotion. If you don't want to expand your reach, then that's fine. But you can't both have your cake (not release) and eat it (tour new territories to expanding crowds).