The Sisters Of Mercy - The Radio Transmissions - 6CD Box

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Hi There My Fellow Heatlanders. Please forgive me if the subject matter and the following link have already been discussed and if it has please point me in that direction

I stumbled on this

]https://cadizmerchstore.com/collections ... ns-6cd-box . It is also available at other retailers such as Amazon etc

Imagehttps://cadizmerchstore.com/cdn/shop/fi ... 516070[img][/img]

Imagehttps://cadizmerchstore.com/cdn/shop/fi ... 516801[img][/img]

My query is this is it worth around £22.00 quid? Is the sound quality any good? There is not much information on the tracks of the 6cd's such as dates and locations of the gigs etc

Has anyone bought it and thought "BUY IT DO NOT DELAY" or "Dont Waste Your Money"

Any information would be of great help

Thanks In advance

Andy TG
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
z666
Amphetamine Filth

I read somebody the other day, in the fb group, complaining about the sound quality. But then you don't know what are this guy's particular sound standards. I don't think those records are any different to the very well known versions available everywhere in the Internet, basically because that's where those "labels" get them in the first place. So it depends if you feel like needing to have those recordings in a proper CD instead of the files you already have. Other than that there's no further incentive to buy them imho.
Fallon
Road Kill

Yeah, it's not like the people releasing these things have access to better source elements than you do.
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

My copy just arrived and I'm listening to 90 Show - I'm presuming Wembley? And the sound is great. This could be because I'm playing over a proper system rather than my phone or computer.

But it got me thinking, if anyone can release these ahem 'radio sessions', then what is the likelihood of someone with The Sisters camp doing something similar.

Like this 6 disc set is by Top Music! Try googling that to find out more about them.

Imagine a regular stock of mixing desk quality discs slipping out into the ether with the the cash going back to the band? Surely a man cannot live on t-shirts and the occasional gig alone?
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Now on to Disc 1 - the binned sessions. I've the Saints & Martyers bootleg LP and quality is far superior. Audible differences between Eldritch"s and Hussey's Garden of Delight which my tin ears never picked up before. Having said that Wide Receiver still sounds like it was recorded through a wet cardboard box.
mh
Above the Chemist

Saints and Martyrs is pretty bad to begin with. The best versions of these are on Victims of Circumstance, with the exception of Knocking on Heaven's Door where a better version is available via the Sins and Secrets 7", and Black Planet/Dance on Glass where Wayne posted a transfer from his personal master to YouTube. I'd expect that anyone who has a decent nick copy of one of the original Victims of Circumstance cassettes probably also has better versions of everything. Otherwise the Victims of Circumstance CD is lowpassed at 10KHz (probably in an effort to reduce or remove tape hiss) so while the sound is nice and solid, the missing higher frequencies are audibly absent. I would have preferred the hiss.

The original Victims of Circumstance CD also doesn't include Wide Receiver, but has one of more common live takes of Ghostrider instead, so that's grounds to suspect that whoever made this did a naughty-naughty and sourced it from a HL share (where it was repackaged with Wide Receiver).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
z666
Amphetamine Filth

The sources uses for these releases are, 99.9%, grabbed from guitars101 or someplace like that. Yeah, maybe they passed it through some filters when making the glassmaster to print the CD, but that's it. Probably they sound crispier, yeah, just as much as you can make your files sound crispier by some audacity tweaking. This is not like Empress Valley or those other japanese bootleg labels who release new sources, transfers or remasters of shows with the full lineage and everything, 200 bucks a piece.

Could Eldritch start a bootleg label of his own band? He definitely could, sure. He won't.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Thank You Friends - Your all stars. Im still mulling over to purchase the item or not.
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Had a quick search for "Top Music!" on google. Nothing found under that name after a cursory search

In relation to the 6 CD Box set I did find it on Discogs --- https://www.discogs.com/release/2989484 ... nsmissions

Its under the Unofficial Sisters page FYI
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

And it appears that Top Music! DO have a page on Discogs ----

https://www.discogs.com/label/1751366-T ... isc?page=1

Turns out they have been operating since 2022 and have produced, 16 different "live radio recordings" from not just The Sisters. Acts like ABBA Erasure Black Sabbath Metallica Genesis Kraftwork etc
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 01:56 Had a quick search for "Top Music!" on google. Nothing found under that name after a cursory search

In relation to the 6 CD Box set I did find it on Discogs --- https://www.discogs.com/release/2989484 ... nsmissions

Its under the Unofficial Sisters page FYI
CD 1 is known as The Sisters Of Mercy - Victims Of Circumstance.
CD 2 is the incomplete recording of The Sisters Of Mercy - Live In Amsterdam 1984.
CD 3 Tracks 01-08 of The Sisters Of Mercy - The Neon Dream.
CD 4 Tracks 09-16 of The Sisters Of Mercy - The Neon Dream.
CD 5 Tracks 01-04 is the incomplete recording of The Sisters Of Mercy - Live In The Troyan Horse.
CD 5 Tracks 05-08 taken from The Sisters Of Mercy - Gary Marx Demo Tape 1981.
CD 6 is known as The Sisters Of Mercy - Black Visions.
This Is M & S S & M
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the info!
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."