A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Well thousands of them actually. 13 billion years ago.

Feel small?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040309.html

24.24.2.489 Deceased
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

C3...It doesn't take a photo of the origin of the universe to make me feel small.

All it takes is my feet pattering over the same cobblestones in the Forum Romanum that Caesar, Cicero, Pompey, Catalina, Sulla, Antonius walked.

Now that makes me feel small... and I treaded those very steps this past June. I still feel small.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I spent a very long month in Rome during July/ AUgust 84. Even wrote my thesis about the Forum Romanum. Though I actually copied it out of a French tourist's guide. Ooops. There goes my (Hons)...
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:I spent a very long month in Rome during July/ AUgust 84. Even wrote my thesis about the Forum Romanum. Though I actually copied it out of a French tourist's guide. Ooops. There goes my (Hons)...
Did you eat eggs and cheese off the forum in the shade of the pine trees to your left hand?

I did.

:D :D :D :D

It was wonderful.

:D :D :D
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Oh and it was last year. In 84 I was in Tempe AZ....

Wondering what to do with my Life.

EBG Harry.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Soooooooo... Does anyone think there's life on other planets?
I certainly do. it's ridiculous to assume that out of a squillion planets, ours is the only inhabited one.

I hope that if Aliens DO exist, they look like this:

or this:

I hope we make contact soon. It's always been my wish to someday send my kids to Galaxy High School.
Gazza for England manager
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think it is pretty unlikely that we're the only life in the Universe. However, it's a long way from saying that to believing in little grey men from Zeta Reticuli giving Randy Harelip from Pussyhump, Nebraska a rectal probe ;)

I read an interview with Arthur C Clarke where he said that he thinks that Gamma-ray bursts are the "flashes" from alien industrial accidents!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

That really is beautiful......man
NOT A HIPPY lol
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

no, it is beautiful...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

hippy

lol
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

watch it, girly... or i wont send you pictures like a nice aunty emily
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

<shuts up quite quickly>
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

As an appropriate aside - The forth, fifth and sixth episodes of Star Wars are due for release on DVD - along with a bonus DVD of "Extras" is due for release in the UK on September 21st 2004

WWWWHHHHHOOOO HHHOOOOO!!!!!!!

I may even "pre-order" a copy from www.play.com!!!!

Knew You Jedi's Would Be Pleased.......
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Wow!

And wow!

This topic is a bummer if you don't have broadband.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:As an appropriate aside - The forth, fifth and sixth episodes of Star Wars are due for release on DVD - along with a bonus DVD of "Extras" is due for release in the UK on September 21st 2004

WWWWHHHHHOOOO HHHOOOOO!!!!!!!

I may even "pre-order" a copy from www.play.com!!!!

Knew You Jedi's Would Be Pleased.......
I might have gone blind temporarily from excitement but I cannot seem to see this on www.play.com ...

P.S. Any of you geeks (i.e. Star Wars geeks) played "knights of the old republic" on PC ?