2024-09-26: St Augustine Amphitheatre, St Augustine, FL, USA !!postponed!!

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tickets:
https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/220060A1C63624EA

Roll call
@Mish
@drsyn67
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So this show's barely sold any tickets, and it's a seated amphitheater which isn't exactly their wheelhouse. I think this gets canceled and they head to House of Blues in Orlando where I saw them 18 years ago ("saw" them) on a trip, or hopefully, maybe, please to St. Petersburg to Jannus Live. One can hope.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Mish
Road Kill

Better not get cancelled, I'm about to book a hotel room! Does look like the seating area is only about 60% sold though :(

(Also - hello all - not sure I've logged in here in a decade).
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Mish wrote: 11 Sep 2024, 19:46 Better not get cancelled, I'm about to book a hotel room! Does look like the seating area is only about 60% sold though :(

(Also - hello all - not sure I've logged in here in a decade).
Can you not book a refundable room? Here in the UK we normally get two options Refundable (in fact not even paid for) until the day of the booking or Non Refundable (pay now) but for a cheaper price.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Mish
Road Kill

Yeah, it's the same to be honest - refundable is the default for the most places. Except.. recently a lot of them offer a non-refundable option that is a bit cheaper (maybe 15%) so if you know 100% you're going it can be worthwhile.
drsyn67
Road Kill

Have tickets to this show (Jax, FL resident; don't hate). I was going to skip this tour (gave into to spouse-pressure lol). New songs are my favorites since FALAA - but I'm done with waiting on studio recordings. Its ridiculous because half of the instruments are already recorded & used for live performances (bass, synth, drums). Former Merciful Release artist (& Sisterhood vocalist) James Ray has released at least 5 studio albums in the past 20 years - independently on his own label.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Eric wants to release records. Andrew doesn't.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
sultan2075
Overbomber

Looks like this might be quite an evening - good luck with the storm everyone!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Mish
Road Kill

Didn't know what you meant by this until I saw the news this morning - Cat 3 hurricane that will make landfall around 8pm - and it's an open-air venue!

(Now ok, said landfall is probably about 100 miles away on the opposite coast, but still).

I actually made plans to up on Wednesday and do tourist stuff Thursday daytime, but looks like it could be quite rainy...
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gee, I hope Kai doesn't have to use the toilet in Florida
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
Husek
Slight Overbomber

EVENT UPDATE!

Due to the upcoming storm, The Sisters of Mercy event on Thursday, September 26 at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre has been POSTPONED.
Hold onto your tickets! We are working to confirm a new date. Original tickets will be honored at the new date, no new ticket purchase is needed.
For those unable to attend the new date once announced, refunds will be available at your point of purchase.
Following their triumphant return to North America with last year’s 19-date tour that saw sold out shows in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, plus six other cities, THE SISTERS OF MERCY (TSOM) have announced a run of 26 shows this Fall that includes a stop at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre.
Having not performed in North America in over 14 years, last year’s tour was met with resoundingly deafening praise. OUTBURN said Los Angeles’ Palladium was “alive with the hypnotic sounds of The Sisters of Mercy… an unforgettable night that was extraordinary, and it was one to take everyone’s breath away.” Of their sold-out NYC show at King’s Theater, Brooklyn Vegan praised “Eldritch relishes the spotlight, and the genuinely adoring crowd ate it all up” while The Aquarian added about that show, “Eldritch’s voice was a gritty and growling baritone – a fine match for the dark setting.” As recent live reviews have attested, the band’s current lineup is the strongest in years, with Andrew Eldritch (vocals) accompanied by Ben Christo (guitarist, backing vocals, bass) who has been with the band for nearly 20 years, the return of Chris Catalyst (who was previously with TSOM from 2005 to 2019) as duty nurse for the ubiquitous Doktor Avalanche, and Kai (guitarist, backing vocalist) who also leads the British-Japanese rock and alternative metal group Esprit D'Air.
An iconic force in underground music, TSOM have been defining, defying and denying numerous subgenres of rock and roll for over four decades. Their unique blend of punk-psychedelia, metal, dance beats and guttural growls have mesmerized the masses for several generations. Add to this a cinematic light show and a set list of huge hits, deep cuts and acclaimed new tunes and you’ve got the recipe for a killer night.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote: 25 Sep 2024, 21:12 Gee, I hope Kai doesn't have to use the toilet in Florida
He survived North Carolina.
This place is death with walls

Some kind of innocence is measured out in years
You don't know what it's like to listen to your fears
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Husek wrote: 25 Sep 2024, 22:29 EVENT UPDATE!

Due to the upcoming storm, The Sisters of Mercy event on Thursday, September 26 at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre has been POSTPONED.
Hold onto your tickets! We are working to confirm a new date. Original tickets will be honored at the new date, no new ticket purchase is needed.
For those unable to attend the new date once announced, refunds will be available at your point of purchase.
Following their triumphant return to North America with last year’s 19-date tour that saw sold out shows in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, plus six other cities, THE SISTERS OF MERCY (TSOM) have announced a run of 26 shows this Fall that includes a stop at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre.
Having not performed in North America in over 14 years, last year’s tour was met with resoundingly deafening praise. OUTBURN said Los Angeles’ Palladium was “alive with the hypnotic sounds of The Sisters of Mercy… an unforgettable night that was extraordinary, and it was one to take everyone’s breath away.” Of their sold-out NYC show at King’s Theater, Brooklyn Vegan praised “Eldritch relishes the spotlight, and the genuinely adoring crowd ate it all up” while The Aquarian added about that show, “Eldritch’s voice was a gritty and growling baritone – a fine match for the dark setting.” As recent live reviews have attested, the band’s current lineup is the strongest in years, with Andrew Eldritch (vocals) accompanied by Ben Christo (guitarist, backing vocals, bass) who has been with the band for nearly 20 years, the return of Chris Catalyst (who was previously with TSOM from 2005 to 2019) as duty nurse for the ubiquitous Doktor Avalanche, and Kai (guitarist, backing vocalist) who also leads the British-Japanese rock and alternative metal group Esprit D'Air.
An iconic force in underground music, TSOM have been defining, defying and denying numerous subgenres of rock and roll for over four decades. Their unique blend of punk-psychedelia, metal, dance beats and guttural growls have mesmerized the masses for several generations. Add to this a cinematic light show and a set list of huge hits, deep cuts and acclaimed new tunes and you’ve got the recipe for a killer night.
Oh my, that's a mess for all those who were looking forward to the gig. But safety first. ... :wink: ...