2024-10-06: Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
satanarchist
Road Kill

No songs from FALAA is pretty ridiculous.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

satanarchist wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 21:36 No songs from FALAA is pretty ridiculous.
Well, there are two double gigs ahead. Maybe then some FALAA track is played ... :wink: ...
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

;D

:notworthy:

!! screaming person @ 1:26 - 1:29 !!
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

another one ...

:eek:

:innocent:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Husek
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 16:24
ruffers wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:44 Is Quantum Baby actually good? I'm trying but I don't hear anything great there myself. Each to their own and all that but it sounds like an album filler at best to me.
I think it's good, but right now it's reminding me too much of their 90s cover of Confide in Me, and I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
Well, the whole melodic movement and chords transition is essentially a Bond theme, this is Confide in Me meets Secret agent man.
I think this idea has been hovering their heads for a while now, their cover of Confide in Me shows that Von has a taste for this kind of tune, and Kylie herself said that Confide in Me was written as a bond-theme-inspired song.
Aside from that, back in 2009/2010 Chris presented a song to Von called 'I will call you' because they were looking for a bond-theme tune.

This 'I will call you' has NOTHING to do with the song with the same name currently being played by the sisters, the song Chris presented was rejected and he later on recorded with the Eureka Machines:
https://eurekamachines.bandcamp.com/track/ill-call-you
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I can't imagine the Sisters playing Chris' "I'll Call You" in a million years. About 12 chords too many.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024