2024-10-09: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tickets:
https://concerts.livenation.com/the-sis ... A106CD730E

@flowers_to_burn
@Dread_In_Monochrome

setlist with thanks to @Dread_In_Monochrome :notworthy:

Crash And Burn
Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
A Rock And A Hard Place
Summer
I Will Call You
Marian
Quantum Baby
Eyes Of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
Flood II
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love
----
Never Land
Lucretia My Reflection
This Corrosion
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

I'm in.
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Tonight :D
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
sultan2075
Overbomber

Here's hoping for some surprises in the setlist for the second night!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Best wishes ... ;D ... still a few hours for the doors to open ... however, have fun everybody ... ;D ;D ;D ...
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Already prepped for the 1.5 hour drive in. Hope it's as foggy as last night, both inside and out. :lol:
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Oh wow we got Rock and a Hard Place and Neverland tonight. Footage to come :eek:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

flowers_to_burn wrote: 10 Oct 2024, 06:47 Oh wow we got Rock and a Hard Place and Neverland tonight. Footage to come :eek:
:D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 10 Oct 2024, 09:05
flowers_to_burn wrote: 10 Oct 2024, 06:47 Oh wow we got Rock and a Hard Place and Neverland tonight. Footage to come :eek:
:D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
So Ben has finally used the bass he was posing with at the souncheck the other week.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Dread_In_Monochrome
Road Kill

Popping in quickly before sleep to share that the setlist varied a lot from last night. Was at both San Francisco shows and tonight they opened with Crash And Burn, we indeed got A Rock And A Hard Place and Never Land in the encore, along with Flood II in the middle of the set. We Are The Same, Susanne was replaced with Marian tonight. Both shows were great. It seemed to me like Andrew's voice is a little tired after touring for a while, which I think is understandable this much time into a tour, it sounded a bit rougher than usual when he spoke between songs but he still had great energy when singing. Also want to add that Andrew seems very, very fond of Kai, lots of putting his arms around them and moving up close with a big smile. It was very nice to see. Overall, a very lovely time, really grateful to had been there!

Crash And Burn
Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
A Rock And A Hard Place
Summer
I Will Call You
Marian
Quantum Baby
Eyes Of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
Flood II
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love
----
Never Land
Lucretia My Reflection
This Corrosion

(Super exhausted so apologies for any typos that might have slipped in, setlist should be correct though, taken from a photo)
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Dread_In_Monochrome wrote: 10 Oct 2024, 10:32 Popping in quickly before sleep to share that the setlist varied a lot from last night. Was at both San Francisco shows and tonight they opened with Crash And Burn, we indeed got A Rock And A Hard Place and Never Land in the encore, along with Flood II in the middle of the set. We Are The Same, Susanne was replaced with Marian tonight. Both shows were great. It seemed to me like Andrew's voice is a little tired after touring for a while, which I think is understandable this much time into a tour, it sounded a bit rougher than usual when he spoke between songs but he still had great energy when singing. Also want to add that Andrew seems very, very fond of Kai, lots of putting his arms around them and moving up close with a big smile. It was very nice to see. Overall, a very lovely time, really grateful to had been there!

(Super exhausted so apologies for any typos that might have slipped in, setlist should be correct though, taken from a photo)
I forgot to add Flood II to my 'yay' list above. :lol:

The vibe between them on this tour is fantastic, I'm so glad I got to go to both nights, even without the set changeup treats.

Setlist looks correct to me. Thanks for adding it. :notworthy:
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dread_In_Monochrome wrote: 10 Oct 2024, 10:32 Popping in quickly before sleep to share that the setlist varied a lot from last night. Was at both San Francisco shows and tonight they opened with Crash And Burn, we indeed got A Rock And A Hard Place and Never Land in the encore, along with Flood II in the middle of the set. We Are The Same, Susanne was replaced with Marian tonight. Both shows were great. It seemed to me like Andrew's voice is a little tired after touring for a while, which I think is understandable this much time into a tour, it sounded a bit rougher than usual when he spoke between songs but he still had great energy when singing. Also want to add that Andrew seems very, very fond of Kai, lots of putting his arms around them and moving up close with a big smile. It was very nice to see. Overall, a very lovely time, really grateful to had been there!

Crash And Burn
Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
A Rock And A Hard Place
Summer
I Will Call You
Marian
Quantum Baby
Eyes Of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
Flood II
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love
----
Never Land
Lucretia My Reflection
This Corrosion

A new song, Flood II and A Rock and a hard place are back... my my what a setlist
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thank you all for the lovely reviews and wow, what a setlist ... ;D ;D ;D ... can't wait for the vidoes to show up ... ;D ;D ;D ... but yes, patience. Sleep deep and well everybody now ... ;D ...

I wish someone had taped these two San Francisco gigs. And yes, Dread_In_Monochrome, after This Corrosion the day before Andrew looked a bit exhausted. Happily exhausted. It's surely a good thing they have a day without a gig before the next double shot in Portland. Sending loads of good energies there ... it's so pleasing to see them doing all so well together ... :kiss: :notworthy: ;D ...
satanarchist
Road Kill

I guess I should have gone both nights :von:
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Youtube is making some of my videos lag in places when uploaded for some reason, but the audio works, here's Neverland for now

Also shoutout to the w*nker up the back who kept yelling for AE to play something good :roll:

H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wow, what a blinder of a set-list. Lovely to hear "Crash and Burn" back on, I thought that was one of the pieces that were moved so as not to give money to Pearson

I'm going to start writing slash fiction about Von and Kai and there's nothing you can do to stop me :D
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

I mostly filmed the older songs so I could take in the new ones properly, but I did get Quantum Baby

Rock and a Hard Place (more like between a tall guy and another tall guy hence the vertical) :lol:

I was a bit wobbly for Flood II

ToL

There's More (and Lucretia, Marian on the channel too) ;D :bat:
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

Ohh Rock and a Hard Place sounds really good here. Hope Kai gets more chances to play some of the FALAA material
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

thanks fro the vids, Raahp really is raahp, great
love is just a shot away
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Wonderful videos, many thanks flowers_to_burn ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I've integrated a few of them @ the usual place ... hope that's ok ... :D ...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

flowers_to_burn wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 03:59
ToL

2:25 - holy sh1t! :notworthy:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Almiche V wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 15:45
flowers_to_burn wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 03:59
ToL

2:25 - holy sh1t! :notworthy:
Yes, Kai has become really great at the additional TOL vocals, and not only there ... ;D :notworthy: ... full lovely pleasure ... :D ...
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

lots of nice things happening, tol really is a treat with Kai. skip flood2, for the voice‘s sake., or have Kai add parts
love is just a shot away
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Glad to see Kai is playing A Rock and A Hard place closer to its original shape, very jingly-jangly.

I like Flood 2, but I'd rather have it closer to how it was played in 2008, intro was a bit more organized, and we had Chris singing essentially the whole tune with Von :lol:

Temple sounds incredible now btw, I'm really really happy with Kai's vocals, it injected new life in a song that I didn't care much anymore.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 11:19 Wonderful videos, many thanks flowers_to_burn ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I've integrated a few of them @ the usual place ... hope that's ok ... :D ...
Of course! There to share. :von: :lol: