HAPPY ST. PAT'S DAY!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I wish all here on the HL forum a

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY !!!!!!

And a little present...

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/greetin ... titute.asp

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Here's to lying, stealing, and cheating!
May you lie to save a friend;
May you steal the heart of the one you love;
and may you cheat death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May your day be filled with blessings
Like the sun that lights the sky,
And may you always have the courage
To spread your wings and fly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Near a misty stream in Ireland in the hollow of a tree
Live mystical, magical leprechauns who are clever as can be.
With pointed ears, turned up toes and little coats of green,
The leprechauns make their shoes, trying hard to ne'er be seen.
Only those who really believe have seen these little elves.
If you believe and look with your heart, you can see them yourselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yes, there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. :wink: I've already found mine.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

And may you have a bloody good excuse to drink as much Guinness as you can stomach. I think 6 pints is my personal best, and I don't plan on breaking it tonight cos I've got to take my car in for a service tomorrow morning.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I think I'm going to be sick
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Guinness only tastes nice in Ireland and Heathrow airport!!! Cafferys is blooming lovely here though.......
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i will not have a "happy" st patrick's day or, indeed, any other kind of st patrick's day. i am not irish (thank god), so it has nothing to do with me.

as far as i'm concerned, cromwell had the right idea when it came to the irish.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Well it's another reason your the devils spawn RJ.

Glad to know you dislike us. Yep, I'm as Irish as an American can be.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: @ Richey

Although I will be avoiding the town centre tonight; students pretending to be Irish and being sick on me is not my idea of fun :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

RicheyJames wrote:i will not have a "happy" st patrick's day or, indeed, any other kind of st patrick's day. i am not irish (thank god), so it has nothing to do with me.

as far as i'm concerned, cromwell had the right idea when it came to the irish.
I don't agree, but it was still funny...........
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

markfiend wrote::eek: @ Richey

Although I will be avoiding the town centre tonight; students pretending to be Irish and being sick on me is not my idea of fun :lol:

Just for the record...I am not pretending about my Irish heritage. Where do you think I got my red hair and pale skin from??? Ireland.
My family came from Roscommon county, and they are still living there.
The old family name was O Conratha...meaning Hound of Prosperity, and like a lot of the Irish, we were poets to the Kings. :notworthy:

Oh and Mark...last I spoke to Mudcrow..he called me a Colleen. And he said to tell Heartlander's he's very Real. So nope, I wasn't taking the p$ss.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

You know that spitting sound you make when you laugh at summit? How would you write that?
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

sphhhttt??? I dunno.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Planet wrote:Just for the record...I am not pretending about my Irish heritage.
Whoaa! I wasn't at all implying that you were pretending. I am fully aware that there are a large number of Americans with Irish heritage. (I hear there are a lot more Irish people in the US than there are in Ireland!)

What I meant was an English phenomenon whereby people who would normally self-identify as English suddenly become Irish when (a) Eire are in the World Cup and England aren't, or (b) it's St Patrick's day.
Black Planet wrote:Oh and Mark...last I spoke to Mudcrow..he called me a Colleen. And he said to tell Heartlander's he's very Real. So nope, I wasn't taking the p$ss.
:lol: You weren't but I get the feeling a lot of the other people on his "birthday" thread were.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Hang on..........Think I may have it.....I think it goes something like this

ppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:ppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ppppffffffffffffththththttt maybe? :P
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm possibly
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote:I hear there are a lot more Irish people in the US than there are in Ireland!
what kind of a bollocks statement is this? there may be millions of americans who claim to be of irish descent but they're no more irish than i'm canadian*. if you're a first- or even second-generation immigrant: fine. third-generation: pushing it. anything else: get over it and stop trying to make yourself sound more interesting by claiming some spurious secondary nationality.

i mean, where does it all end? since latest research has placed the earliest human remains in the great rift valley are we all going to start celebrating our african heritage? no, thought not.

* for the record my paternal grandfather is canadian. i've never met him, never been to canada and feel no affinity to the canadian people whatsoever.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I can't read that small writing
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:...third-generation: pushing it. anything else: get over it and stop trying to make yourself sound more interesting by claiming some spurious secondary nationality.
I don't know about that; you'd have trouble trying to argue a similar case with even an 28th (or whatever) generation African-American.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:I can't read that small writing
He said:
* for the record my paternal grandfather is canadian. i've never met him, never been to canada and feel no affinity to the canadian people whatsoever.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Right, I love a good debate! But can we not go there?
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

ta
Only a paand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Put your funny little green hats on, and cheers!

We do have some Irish pubs in Stockholm, so I might go to one tonight. Always nice ppl in those pubs.
Last edited by rian on 17 Mar 2004, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Well i dyed my hair ginger once so I must be part Irish........<hic>
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

markfiend wrote:
Black Planet wrote:Oh and Mark...last I spoke to Mudcrow..he called me a Colleen. And he said to tell Heartlander's he's very Real. So nope, I wasn't taking the p$ss.
:lol: You weren't but I get the feeling a lot of the other people on his "birthday" thread were.
I know, but it took me awhile to figure that out. I'm slow sometimes. :oops: :oops: :oops: Shame on that Aussie! :wink: