Cheltenham 2004

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

The DoKtor recommends Rigmarole in the 3.20 at Cheltenham today @ 4/1 with Corals.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :eek: :eek:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Flippin eck! Betting tips is it now?

"You can make a small fortune betting on horses. Trouble is, you need to start with a large fortune."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

don't talk to me about the blummin gold cup thingumy! sick of hearing about it :roll:

/me works for the largest online bookmaker in the uk :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

DoKtor Spiggy wrote:The DoKtor recommends Rigmarole in the 3.20 at Cheltenham today @ 4/1 with Corals.
the doktor better be right cos i've just lumped every penny* in my online betting account on it...

*all 148 of them
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
DomConway
Filth

Dom recommends not travelling anywhere in or near Cheltenham this week, but he has no choice due to current contract being located there. 3 hours to get to work? Lovely.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

doktor spiggy, you owe me £1.48 :twisted:

<tears up virtual betting slip>
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The most sensible betting tip I ever heard was "keep your money in your wallet" ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote:The most sensible betting tip I ever heard was "keep your money in your wallet" ;)
and where's the fun in that? that's like saying that the best cure for a hangover is not drinking... :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote:The most sensible betting tip I ever heard was "keep your money in your wallet" ;)
and where's the fun in that? that's like saying that the best cure for a hangover is not drinking... :roll:
I did say sensible, not useful.

It's like those adverts you used to see; "Cut your electricity bills to zero! Send us £10 and we'll show you how!"

You sent off your tenner and got a little leaflet which said, "Phone up the electricity board and ask them to cut you off" :lol:

It would work in theory, but no-one would actually do it.
—Bertrand Russell
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

So, is The DoKtor sat in a pub laughing at his jolly jape or drowning his sorrows?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
mh
Above the Chemist

I just don't see the appeal. The whole "sport" (if that is the right word) revolves around gambling, there is next to zero spectator value for those who aren't gamblers - blink 'n' you miss it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Andy TG
Overbomber

I have nothing against "Horse Racing" on the flat but when fences are involved, in particular the "Grand National" its just plain "Sick"

Horse's actually "die" at these sort of "sporting events" - perhaps its a deal between Dog/Cat Food producers and The "Insurance" industry ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:I just don't see the appeal. The whole "sport" (if that is the right word) revolves around gambling, there is next to zero spectator value for those who aren't gamblers - blink 'n' you miss it.
So have a flutter or ignore it. I tend towards the latter, because I prefer bets that win me some money.

Prefer greyhound racing anyway. The races are over more quickly, the atmosphere at your average dogtrack is less up itself and no-one gets upset if you bet with tiny stakes. See you at Romford sometime.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

AndyTheGoth wrote:I have nothing against "Horse Racing" on the flat but when fences are involved, in particular the "Grand National" it's just plain "Sick"

Horses actually "die" at these sort of "sporting events" - perhaps its a deal between Dog/Cat Food producers and The "Insurance" industry ;-)
isn't there enough to worry about in this f**ked-up world of ours without whining on about the odd dumb horse falling over a fence and taking a bullet in the head to alleviate its suffering? if only we treated our fellow man with such compassion...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:I have nothing against "Horse Racing" on the flat but when fences are involved, in particular the "Grand National" it's just plain "Sick"

Horses actually "die" at these sort of "sporting events" - perhaps its a deal between Dog/Cat Food producers and The "Insurance" industry ;-)
isn't there enough to worry about in this ****-up world of ours without whining on about the odd dumb horse falling over a fence and taking a bullet in the head to alleviate its suffering? if only we treated our fellow man with such compassion...
Possibly not enough bullets in the world...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Andy TG
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:

isn't there enough to worry about in this ****-up world of ours without whining on about the odd dumb horse falling over a fence and taking a bullet in the head to alleviate its suffering? if only we treated our fellow man with such compassion...
Possibly not enough bullets in the world...
Is that Bullets for Horse's or for cetain members of "Mankind" ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Debaser
Overbomber

AndyTheGoth wrote:I have nothing against "Horse Racing" on the flat but when fences are involved, in particular the "Grand National" its just plain "Sick"
Nothing against horse racing on the flat? Yet this sanctamonious one towards NH? You want to do some research on how many horses are disposed of on the Flat Racing scene. I would actually wager there's as many shot in flat races as in NH racing.

There is nothing more exhilerating than watching an animal at speed whether it be a horse, dog or whatever. These horses are generally pampered and treated like kings (there's far too much money at stake not to do so).

There's more horses that DON'T die jumping at speed.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Debaser wrote:There's more horses that DON'T die jumping at speed.
I jumped at speed once. Knocked the bloody table over. Wasn't popular.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Gripper wrote:I jumped at speed once. Knocked the bloody table over. Wasn't popular.
I was gonna say something about Quiff Boy powdering his nose, but I quite like it here. :innocent:
Go to sleep now, Francis.
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

The DoKtor's first nap went down!Life's a betting bitch.I then withheld Funamentalist today & it won @ 7/1! Ye who have little faith.I will give anyone interested one tomorrow.Except if your name is Carol.
I have not slept with any mingers in Leeds 16,nor any mingers.Luv The DoK.
P.S. Any of you lot been 'Doggin' recently?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

DoKtor Spiggy wrote:P.S. Any of you lot been 'Doggin' recently?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

who do you think i am? stan collymore? ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?