A cat question

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

How the hell do I stop my cat eating all my pot (not 'pot' just plain ordinary non spliffey material) plants and digging up the roots?
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

sisxbeforedawn wrote:How the hell do I stop my cat eating all my pot (not 'pot' just plain ordinary non spliffey material) plants and digging up the roots?
Hit it with a rather large, blunt object. :innocent:

What works for me.... (ah well depends on kittie's temper actually) is spray him with the plant spray thingy.

Now when he tries nibbling the fresh flowers I buy for my missus everyday :innocent: and I grab the spray, he looks rather afraid and stays away from them.
At least as long as I'm around, that is... :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sisxbeforedawn

the thing is she'll wait till i close the curtains and then hide behind them eating the plants and digging up the roots, I only get to notice when there's soil up and down the stairs.

I've heard putting citrus fruits in the plant pots help, not with my kitten though, she just rolls it off and starts playing with it....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

pepper powder.. put it on the soil. you get it from pet shops.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Dan
Overbomber

Not citrus fruits, just the peel. Cats HATE the smell of the oil in orange peel.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Or obtain 6 large weighing scales in glass cases. Throw scales out. Swear lots when identical scales appear on 'Bargain Hunt' & sell for megabucks.

Put plants in glass cases & watch cats give you 'well, we're hurt by your mistrust, frankly' looks, before they sulk off to kill next door's rabbit.
Queen of the mean!
rian
Slight Overbomber

I ahve a new kitten here. She drives me nuts, but she's so cute :oops:

But spraying water usally works, I'm told
I think someone set my soul alight
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I hate cats.
Allergic to the little b*ggers.
I come out in all heat lumps etc if I touch one.

Get yourself a nice lizard instead. They are much nicer. :)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Andy TG
Overbomber

You could buy a few "Cat Nip" plants - place these in with your other house plants. Your cat will be too "stoned" to even be bothered to eat your plants - its worth a try!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
_emma_
Overbomber

Dan wrote:Not citrus fruits, just the peel. Cats HATE the smell of the oil in orange peel.

True. Anyway, if I were you sisxbeforedawn, I'd just get rid of the plants. :D
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

sisxbeforedawn wrote:How the hell do I stop my cat eating all my pot (not 'pot' just plain ordinary non spliffey material) plants and digging up the roots?
easy. one sack, one brick, one deep body of water. problem solved.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
rian
Slight Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:
easy. one sack, one brick, one deep body of water. problem solved.
:eek: no way!
I think someone set my soul alight
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

This is the price you pay for the honour the cat is doing you by putting up with you. That's the way they see it anyway.

On a related note a dear departed cat of mine became very attached to one of my brothers' 'pot' plants.

He was very relaxed while it lived (the sight of him flat on his back stretching out one claw for another leaf made me laugh so much I pulled a muscle) but once he'd killed it he had the rips for about a week, running round the flat with a great deal of energy. He tasted every other plant after that but always seemed disappointed...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I love cats, miss mine something awful
Only a paand.
sisxbeforedawn

_emma_ wrote:
Dan wrote:Not citrus fruits, just the peel. Cats HATE the smell of the oil in orange peel.

True. Anyway, if I were you sisxbeforedawn, I'd just get rid of the plants. :D
I won't need to get rid of them, they'll be spread round the entire house :D but it's the look she gives me when I find the soil and roots spread up and down the stairs :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: beyound cute.

I have tried orange peel, well I tried the entire thing at first, but she just pulls it all out and rolls round with :twisted:

and when will they ever make a cat toy that can't be shredded up so they eat the stuffing? I have green, brown, white and pink furballs from toys that have been eaten.

but she is so cute :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I find this keeps the wee bastards at bay.

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele