Help me out here, people

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Sshhhhhhhhhh If weight gain is a result of not smoking, I shall be straight down the nearest shop!
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

emilystrange wrote:you're not exactly fat...
No, but when you've been 6 foot and 10 and a half stone for twenty years, an extra 2 stone is a lot of stress on an already weakend spine. It wouldn't bother me otherwise.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I can't remember putting on weight the last time I gave up.....unless you count the fact that I was preggers!!!!
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Sexygoth wrote:Sshhhhhhhhhh If weight gain is a result of not smoking, I shall be straight down the nearest shop!
Stay where you are! As they say, if you can stop smoking, you can certainly lose a bit of extra flab. Unfortunately, I can't manage either. :cry:

The very best of luck to you. Perhaps you should create a No Smoking thread. I'm sure you won't be on your own there. And the likes of me can pop in occasionally and get berated by your well earned, holier than though jibes. :wink:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

righto......
Only a paand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

I talk in broken english

Kind of deep voice. Speaks middlefast. Never speaks when I don't have anything important to say. My GF hates me for not talk rubbish all night long. She talks and I watch the telly :wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

If you've heard Kathy Burke (one of my heroines!) then you've heard me.

That is, a North London accent (please never call me a cockernee), fairly deep and a bit tainted by fags. I quite like it as at least it's not east London/Essex. Which can be quite hard on the ear.

I like accents. My favourite is Geordie or other north east. I am also fond of the type of Yorkshire that pronounces Bradford as Bratford. For womb like calm then South Wales is the stuff- just cos of my mum & my lovely aunties and uncles. Nice childhood associations. Also Dutch but only if you are Dennis Bergkamp (goes off to dreamworld for a bit).

I am always a little bit suspicious of people when I can't tell where they're from. Just a chip on the shoulder thing I expect.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I have a Geordie friend who ought to come with subtitles. It's not particularly his accent, just that he talks so blimmin fast.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I adore the southern Irish accent. VERY sexy........
Only a paand.
mh
Above the Chemist

A little bit high, very rough at times, very soft and low. I mumble a lot, and my tongue tends to trip over itself all the time. Accent-wise I suppose it's "Oirish" as it should be, but I can't really say I've ever noticed. Plus I always pronounce coffee as "kaw-fee".
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Depends. Get me pissed and I get more and more Wearside (not Geordie ... ever!) until I become totally incoherent.

But, after living in Sunderland, York, Glasgow, Tiverton, London and now Essex I've been forced to adopt an "all-purpose" day-to-day accent that can be understood by all. It's a bit bland.

Otherwise, probably higher pitched than would really suit my aspirations to be a rumbling love god (that's my excuse) and speak faster than is good for me. But it's better than the heathen barking that passes for communication in these parts.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Hmm. this is really helping, but... still I'm finding it tough to 'pin down' some of your voices.
Maybe it'd help if you also told me which celebrity you sound mnost like?
RicheyJames wrote: i think it would be far more interesting (and potentially amusing) for you to describe what we all sound like in your mind....
Well, Richey, I always thought you'd have a raspy but macho voice, kinda like Clint Eastwood's.
Snowey- I imagine your voice is like a sleazy Blackpool Bingo Caller's.
Sexy Goth - Lady Penelope
Black Planet - Penelope Cruz
Pikkrong - Arnold Achwarzenegger (sorry; I have no idea what the Estonian accent's like)
Quiff Boy - Rather posh, well spoken; like Stephen Fry.
Thrash Harry - Like Jarvis off 'Mary Whitehouse experience'.
Big Si - Rab C Nesbitt
SinSister - like a cowgirl
d00mw0lf - like Samantha Janus
Sorry, they're the only ones I can think of, off the top of me head.
Last edited by Black Shuck on 18 Mar 2004, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza for England manager
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*ahem*
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

emilystrange wrote:*ahem*
Em, I always thought You'd sound like Emma Peel. posh, but a bit kinky... (no offense)
Gazza for England manager
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Black Shuck wrote: Well, Richey, I always thought you'd have a raspy but macho voice, kinda like Clint Eastwood's.
Quiff Boy - Rather posh, well spoken; like Stephen Fry.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Black Shuck wrote:
emilystrange wrote:*ahem*
Em, I always thought You'd sound like Emma Peel. posh, but a bit kinky... (no offense)
none taken....
more of a non scottish clare grogan.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Just for you Mr shuck

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Shuck wrote:Quiff Boy - Rather posh, well spoken; like Stephen Fry.
that works for me ;D :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Not particularly Geordie,just a twang. "The Posh version" as it was once said to me. And pretty softly spoken too. And I get words mixed up when I'm really nervous :oops:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Don't worry love, I can't spell when I'm nervous (it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

I will have to get back to you on this one - Mrs Goth is still "Considering" ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Black Shuck wrote:Thrash Harry - Like Jarvis off 'Mary Whitehouse experience'.
Now I'm gonna have to dig around and find out what that means. Meanwhile, I'm just flattered to get a mention.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Now I am beyond confused.... I posted to this post yesterday. And got an email that some one had answered. I followed the link in my mail to a completely different thred. It was the "Dear God" thread :?: And my post is not here anymore............. :?:

Well, I try again. I was bored yesterday and thought I would make it easier on you poeple by letting you hear my voice in person. Silly, but what the hey...

It might take some time, but it will load.

http://www.geocities.com/lynchfanatic/voice
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Lynchfanatic wrote:Now I am beyond confused.... I posted to this post yesterday. And got an email that some one had answered. I followed the link in my mail to a completely different thred. It was the "Dear God" thread :?: And my post is not here anymore............. :?:
Very interesting... I'm convinced I submitted two posts circa 4 am Saturday morning which weren't there when I finally emerged with the lunchtime letters. I put it down to drunken confusion. Now I'm wondering if there isn't a higher explanation...
ryan

ive noticed theres been a lot of that today. harry, you originally posted that pink floyd stuff in which i replyed to both and lynch, i replyed to your comment about the voice thing...im starting to think that somebody dont like me :?