On Mr Harry's advice...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

This is the non-smoking thread

5 days now..................... :urff:
Only a paand.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Are you going cold turkey ?
Sexygoth wrote:This is the non-smoking thread

5 days now..................... :urff:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

YES I BLOODY AM

sorry
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Ooops! Wrong room.

<Shouts from outside the door> KEEP IT UP! I'm with you in spirit! I'll be having to retreat to the garage for a smoke when I'm at my parents this weekend, along with my Dad, cos my Mum's got a nose like a sniffer dog. I really should follow your example...

Oh go on then. One of these for each day so far:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Last edited by Thrash Harry on 18 Mar 2004, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

shucks
Only a paand.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

How long before you start doing the dying swan when someone else lights up?

That's what winds me up about ex smokers. All the big disgust when really they just want one too.

So long as you never do that SG then good on yer & keep it up.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

No way. My bloody mother does that and it annoys the hell out of me!
Only a paand.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm with ya SG!!!

3 weeks, it doesn't get any easier.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Yeah, thanks for that!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The longest I ever gave up for was a day and a half.
:innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Did you put on any weight?
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:Did you put on any weight?
:lol: I can't remember.

I did put on weight when I gave up amphetamines though. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
rian
Slight Overbomber

After addicted to fags for 18 years, I am now clean. Been for 4 years. If I can, then you can :wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I did it for about five years last time. It's just as easy to get hooked again..... Which is probably why ex smokers are like nazis
Only a paand.
mh
Above the Chemist

The trick is to focus on the good stuff. If you blow your nose it doesn't come out black any more, you can actually run for a bus now, climbing flights of stairs doesn't leave you out of breath. Any bad feelings are just your body saying "hey! I'm getting better! There's no more gunk going into me!" You're getting miles more oxygen in than before, and it's a very strange sensation that takes a lot of getting used to. The depression is very hard though.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Erm....you're ill. I can't ever remember blowing black sh*t out of my nose!!!!!
Only a paand.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I'm five weeks and counting, cold turkey. And yes, it does get easier. Going out is tough though--but not so much in NY where smoking is banned in bars and restaurants, and it's far too cold for anyone other than the die-hard addicts to go outside.

As for the ex-smoker nazis, I find it best just to humiliate them. Case in point: A couple of weekends ago, I went out with a friend and her brother to one of the last smoking bars in NYC. Friend's brother whined bitterly about the smoke irritating his sinuses, how he can't breathe, can't take it, etc. Of course, I remember that friend's brother was smoking last time I saw him, not four months ago. He was getting on everyone's nerves, so I asked a well-timed question:

Friend's brother: Whine whine, b*tch b*tch, etc.

*Lull in general conversation*

Me: (loudly) But didn't you used to smoke?

FB: (pause) Yes.

*Laughter*

FB finally shut up and went elsewhere. Honestly.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:I'm five weeks and counting, cold turkey. And yes, it does get easier. Going out is tough though--but not so much in NY where smoking is banned in bars and restaurants, and it's far too cold for anyone other than the die-hard addicts to go outside.

As for the ex-smoker nazis, I find it best just to humiliate them. Case in point: A couple of weekends ago, I went out with a friend and her brother to one of the last smoking bars in NYC. Friend's brother whined bitterly about the smoke irritating his sinuses, how he can't breathe, can't take it, etc. Of course, I remember that friend's brother was smoking last time I saw him, not four months ago. He was getting on everyone's nerves, so I asked a well-timed question:

Friend's brother: Whine whine, b*tch b*tch, etc.

*Lull in general conversation*

Me: (loudly) But didn't you used to smoke?

FB: (pause) Yes.

*Laughter*

FB finally shut up and went elsewhere. Honestly.
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Only a paand.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Sexygoth wrote:Erm....you're ill. I can't ever remember blowing black sh*t out of my nose!!!!!
Ahhh, you've never lived in London then, we do it every day here.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Southern fags.......pah

I'd like to add at this pint that I refering to cigerettes bought in the south and NOT gay southerners.....thankyou
Only a paand.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

mayhem wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:Erm....you're ill. I can't ever remember blowing black sh*t out of my nose!!!!!
Ahhh, you've never lived in London then, we do it every day here.
Yeah, I remember that well. :roll:
James Blast
Banned

Hmmmm, nice....

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Hmmmm, nice....

It really look tasty :P
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I used to smoke roll ups, only proper ones when I went out

Nice try though..................
Only a paand.
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well done SG :notworthy: :notworthy: Keep it up!
I have to say I'm naughty with no inclination to give up,but since I have no other vices I have to have one.
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"